Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I had to laugh when one commentator on the BBC article suggested they replace it with a car show aimed at 'regular' people with no V8, V10, V12 etc (their words).

Anyone remember how boring it was when Tiff, Quentin Wilson and that posh bird took over?

TG is an entertainment show that happens to include cars.

I fear its run may be at an end.

Caporegime
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...remy-clarkson-suspended-eco-feminist-top-gear

With Jeremy Clarkson suspended, here's my vision for an eco-feminist Top Gear

oh sweet god

A true programme about cars would be one that roped all this like a steed, and said: look. Look at what we’ve discovered. We can take the shapes of the old and the power of the new and create something that is basically free, running on limitless energy, like in Star Trek.

you heard it here first folks electric cars run on freee limitless, environmentally friendly energy.....

Feminism is relevant because only a macho culture would have allowed a bunch of idiots to elide heedless fossil fuel use with mindless racial slurs and scientific illiteracy

Nice to see the guardian suports rampant sexism...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...remy-clarkson-suspended-eco-feminist-top-gear

oh sweet god

you heard it here first folks electric cars run on freee limitless, environmentally friendly energy.....

Nice to see the guardian suports rampant sexism...

Oh dear, what a clueless freak. It's an entertainment show. Her show would have about 5 viewers. And i8 being the most exciting car. No that would be the Tesla S, from a green point if view that she's pushing.

It really is bringing the nut cases out of the wood work.

V F

V F

Soldato
I had to laugh when one commentator on the BBC article suggested they replace it with a car show aimed at 'regular' people with no V8, V10, V12 etc (their words).

Anyone remember how boring it was when Tiff, Quentin Wilson and that posh bird took over?

Who?

Soldato

Yeh why dont we have a show about normal cars and normal motoring, and no entertainzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzz
zz
zz
z

Caporegime

it is odfd its like who the **** do you think is watching reviews on average cars every damn week, its not like thier buying annew one each episode.

we want to see cool things doing awesome stuff we will sadly never be able to afford to do ourselves

Soldato
it is odfd its like who the **** do you think is watching reviews on average cars every damn week, its not like thier buying annew one each episode.

we want to see cool things doing awesome stuff we will sadly never be able to afford to do ourselves

People forget that it's an entertainment program first, car program 2nd.

Associate
So where does the export money go?

It's not about the money. Top Gear sells itself so it's not like BBCW have a huge team selling it in, it's not how they are structured. Although the loss of TG would lead to a drop in profits it's unlikely to have an impact on headcount.

Actually I tell a lie; the Top Gear site would be impacted and that's a team of about 10 developers last I knew.

Soldato

Exactly, who wants to see a programme about cars we see on the roads every day.

We want to see the exotics and special cars which we won't get the chance to experience, set around some silly challenges and chat.

Man of Honour
It's not about the money. Top Gear sells itself so it's not like BBCW have a huge team selling it in, it's not how they are structured. Although the loss of TG would lead to a drop in profits it's unlikely to have an impact on headcount.

Actually I tell a lie; the Top Gear site would be impacted and that's a team of about 10 developers last I knew.

I think you're missing the point.
Of course Top Gear sells itself but the profits that come back to the BBC get ploughed into the BBC and if that money isn't there then people will lose jobs.
For instance today Morrisons announced a massive loss in profits and said that x amount of people will now lose their jobs.

Associate
The profits that Tog Gear returns to the BBC are large, but not massively significant in the grand scheme of things. Once you take into account the cost of making the programme and the various royalties.

I should imagine there will be one producer who exits, but not much else.

Soldato
The profits that Tog Gear returns to the BBC are large, but not massively significant in the grand scheme of things. Once you take into account the cost of making the programme and the various royalties.

I should imagine there will be one producer who exits, but not much else.

The BBC are not for profit, if they lose revenue, they have to stop doing things to balance the books.

Top gear brings in many millions in profit for the BBC, which is then used to fund other things, people work on these other things.

If Top gear were not to exist, then these millions would disappear from the BBC budget, the things the millions are used to fund would disappear, and the jobs of the people working on them would disappear.

Its really quite simple.

Soldato
Exactly, who wants to see a programme about cars we see on the roads every day.

We want to see the exotics and special cars which we won't get the chance to experience, set around some silly challenges and chat.

Nothing I would enjoy more than serious reviews of the Dacia Duster. Who wants to see La Ferraris going sideways round corners and Bentleys getting bounced about in the Australian Bush anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom