Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
If that's true the it is totally pathetic... though it is a bit of a primadonna behaviour from JC.

I still think it is daft to cancel the shows which have already been filmed.

To my shame I have done it....I ripped a junior member of staff to pieces in front of colleagues and others when I blamed him for messing up 72 hours worth of scans I had been working on once....it turned out it wasn't even his fault, it was mine.

I apologised and that was the end of it. I've also been on the receiving end...I expect most of us ha e or will be at one time or another.

It's all a bit mad if what was witnessed is it.

Associate
The witch hunt against the guy has been pathetic.

I'm not defending him, he is a massive ****, but people have just jumped to conclusions saying he has hit someone and must be sacked instantly.

All he did was go full Christian Bale on someone and while its not excusable I can kind of understand having a long day and looking forward to relaxing with a nice hot meal only to be told the chef has gone home, sorry.

I hope he tells the BBC to jog on and gets out of his contract, I can imagine Hammond and May will go with him to a channel that will throw money at him to make a version of Top Gear.

Permabanned
They might have got themselves covered:

I doubt it covers their decision not to broadcast as the incident was not directly related to those broadcasts. If he had done someone on camera that meant the film could not be broadcast for some reason then perhaps, but the BBC made the decision to halt the filming, Clarkson did not and remained available to film.

The issue would be if the contract he has with the BBC (remember he is not an employee) somehow makes him liable for their decisions to broadcast, which I cannot reasonably see him ever agreeing to.

More likely they are insured against any loss independently through a third party , not that Clarkson is personally liable.

Associate
I just like how newspapers are finding witnesses and investigating faster than BBC, who seem to be doing nothing.

What makes you think the BBC arent doing anything? They dont have to announce daily updates to the public.

Clarkson has already had two warnings.... If its true he punched a producer then he needs to go.

I bet the people who are banging on about keeping Clarkson in are the same people droning on about equality in the country......

Permabanned
The witch hunt against the guy has been pathetic.

I'm not defending him, he is a massive ****, but people have just jumped to conclusions saying he has hit someone and must be sacked instantly.

All he did was go full Christian Bale on someone and while its not excusable I can kind of understand having a long day and looking forward to relaxing with a nice hot meal only to be told the chef has gone home, sorry.

I hope he tells the BBC to jog on and gets out of his contract, I can imagine Hammond and May will go with him to a channel that will throw money at him to make a version of Top Gear.

Their contracts expire at the end of this month, conveniently.

Soldato
Beeb have sent a letter..

Clarkson has been sent a letter summoning him to a disciplinary hearing. Lord Hall of Birkenhead, the BBC director-general, indicated yesterday that the presenter will come face to face with Mr Tymon during the inquiry. It is being overseen by Ken MacQuarrie, the BBC executive who handled the inquiry into a Newsnight investigation that falsely accused a Conservative peer of a child abuse scandal.

Lord Hall said: “We have to get the organisations who would be financially impacted by this together. There is a lot of speculation. We have got to establish the facts of how much we would lose, and I intend to do that before we come to a final decision.”

Man of Honour
Clarkson has been sent a letter summoning him to a disciplinary hearing. Lord Hall of Birkenhead, the BBC director-general, indicated yesterday that the presenter will come face to face with Mr Tymon during the inquiry. It is being overseen by Ken MacQuarrie, the BBC executive who handled the inquiry into a Newsnight investigation that falsely accused a Conservative peer of a child abuse scandal.

Lord Hall said: “We have to get the organisations who would be financially impacted by this together. There is a lot of speculation. We have got to establish the facts of how much we would lose, and I intend to do that before we come to a final decision.”

So he wants to establish the facts BEFORE coming to a final decision? No **** Shirlock. That's what you normally do before coming to a decision.

Soldato
So he wants to establish the facts BEFORE coming to a final decision? No **** Shirlock. That's what you normally do before coming to a decision.

Well, he actually says "We have got to establish the facts of how much we would lose [financially]" Not "We have to establish the facts of what happened..."

Soldato
If that's true the it is totally pathetic... though it is a bit of a primadonna behaviour from JC.

I still think it is daft to cancel the shows which have already been filmed.

Just imagine how you'd react if you were denied your GAINZ food after an especially brutal lifting session.

You'd end up on Jeremy Kyle giving the classic "they told me there wasn't any gainz food, then everything went black and when I woke up they were all crying and covered in blood".

Soldato
This thread does deliver.

JC haters have managed to cover everything. Pedo's, sexism, racism, etc.

Even feminazis are writing columns left right and centre.

Sack JC petition has 26k signatures. Some people are beyond pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom