Joe Lycett - Qatar/Beckham debate

"Behold! I can afford to destroy £10,000 in cash."

This sends the wrong message, in my opinion.

That's six months salary at minimum wage.

If Qatari/ gulf state rights/ legislation is an issue, this is longer-term than a world cup.

There's very little point in throwing it at charity when the government keeps ******* up the state such that more and more people are in need of help, better to try and agitate people instead in the hope that enough agitation results in some upheaval.

That Lycett guy is a perfect example of a rich guy thinking he's some kind of common man.

To shred £10,000 is a slap in the face for millions of people in the cost of living crisis.

Eating or heating? Forget that, I'll shread money in front of your eyes.

He's managed to make Beckham look good. Well done!

There's very little point in throwing it at charity when the government keeps ******* up the state such that more and more people are in need of help, better to try and agitate people instead in the hope that enough agitation results in some upheaval.
You can agitate and inform without wasting resources which could have helped others.

"Behold! I can afford to destroy £10,000 in cash."

This sends the wrong message, in my opinion.

That's six months salary at minimum wage.

If Qatari/ gulf state rights/ legislation is an issue, this is longer-term than a world cup.

Such commitment to the cause.

Thích Quảng Đức sat down on the road and bbq'd himself alive to protest persecution of buddhists.

Joe here, threw some disposable cash into a blender and called it a day.

Last edited:
It is now down to number two plonker "reporting not supporting" Gary Lineker to explain his reasoning for being in Qatar.
why should he?

it's his job, that is reason enough.... it does not make him complicit........ the people at fault for this (other than the bigoted ......... people. in Qatar) are those who allowed the WC to be there.......

why should he?

it's his job, that is reason enough.... it does not make him complicit........ the people at fault for this (other than the bigoted ......... people. in Qatar) are those who allowed the WC to be there.......

Lessons learned. Budwieser has a massive warehouse full of beer it cant get rid of. Big boost for their alcohol free stuff though.

Thousands of Budweiser beer cans have been left piled up at a warehouse after the 11th hour decision to ban the sale of alcohol in stadiums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom