Joe Lycett - Qatar/Beckham debate

Lessons learned. Budwieser has a massive warehouse full of beer it cant get rid of.
I got 25 blokes on their way to where I am now.... we will a
take a few pallets off their hands ;)

btw.that was a disgrace as well... if they don't want beer at the venue fine, I respect that it is after all a cultural issue against booze..... but that should have been front and centre when the bid went in for the WC... hell make if fully dry if they want but everyone should have known.

totally not fair to reverse ferret after fans have booked tickets and flight etc.

Last edited:
I got 25 blokes on their way to where I am now.... we will a
take a few pallets off their hands ;)

btw.that was a disgrace as well... if they don't want beer at the venue fine, I respect that it is after all a cultural issue against booze..... but that should have been front and centre when the bid went in for the WC... hell make if fully dry if they want but everyone should have known.

totally not fair to reverse ferret after fans have booked tickets and flight etc.

Yeah, it's almost as if the people in charge of Qatar aren't interested in fairness and honesty. They were probably told by a FIFA official at the time to say one thing then change it right before.

Last edited:
Fyi: I have no interest in football.

Personally I don't have an issue with no alcohol. That's nothing to get upset about.
Changing though. That's annoying.

Human rights stuff? Yeah for that I don't think it should be in Qatar. Its just sends the wrong message. When football is always peddling (rightly) equality I do feel this smacks in the face of that. There are so many other places in the world this could happen.

Its a bit of a shame really.

why should he?

it's his job, that is reason enough.... it does not make him complicit........ the people at fault for this (other than the bigoted ......... people. in Qatar) are those who allowed the WC to be there.......

Actually he has had three years and more of knowing about this world cup and saying little. He is the BBC chief football pundit and presenter earning well over a million a year. He should be lambasting FIFA, UEFA, the FA for their action or inaction but he will pick the easy targets, discussing with his chums about Qatar around the pundits table. He is a flake.

The people claiming that the decision was made years ago so we should just get on with it, criticising what he's done with the £10k, are the same people that would have told Rosa Parks to just stand in the aisle and stop making all the law abiding folks late for work.

We're exactly like that!

Pick option from below
"Go and live in Russia if you like it so much, commies"
"Literally as bad as Hitler"
"Would have made Rosa Parks change the wheel, and drove off as soon as she did it, but before she could get back on."

Religion and LGBT+ issues are often at loggerheads, but I still see Qatar as an intolerant country. They have already lost their first match in this tourney, 2-nil vs Ecuador. If they, as the host, don't make it past the group stage, then they will be hosting the rest of the campaign with them no longer being in it. They will have to suck this up, along with their views.

It's a bit odd, I guess as someone else pointed out the KLF burned a million pounds, 10k is chump change in comparison... and of course, SBF burned... well best leave that to the other sub-forum.

It is funny to see some of the reactions to it, not so long ago This Morning hosts Holly and Phillip were getting yelled at on Twitter because one of their prizes on This Morning was to win your electricity bills paid for a year.... they needed to "read the room", it was inappropriate light entertainment in a cost of living crisis etc. now it seems like some of the same people are applauding Joe for this stunt.

Back
Top Bottom