Jordan Peterson thread

Soldato
I like his stance on free speech and personal responsibility but when it gets into the religious realm and the cultural post modernism marxist stuff he kind of loses me. His discussion with Sam Harris was pretty painful to follow too. Decent guy though and obviously cares deeply about people.

Associate
Personally I found his lectures on the Bible amazing, i also watched most of his uni lectures for the psychology classes. His analysis of the lion king was a wonderful 2 part lecture, very enjoyable.

Caporegime
You must switch off a lot as he always seems to be banging on about Christianity.

No he doesn’t, you see some videos or clips of him discussing it and assume so. If you watched a lot of his content you’d know it’s not mostly about Christianity.

It’s pretty clear you don’t care much for him so I don’t know why you continue to post in this thread every so often, it’s baffling :confused:

Caporegime
Basically just dresses up right wing guff in slightly more intellectually sounding guff.

Ah, good one, so far left that anything remotely right sounding makes some one a right winger :rolleyes: you've clearly listened to very little of him if that's the conclusion you've made, or you've just copied an opinion on him you've seen elsewhere, as that's all many of his critics seem to be able to tag him with.

Permabanned
Ah, good one, so far left that anything remotely right sounding makes some one a right winger :rolleyes: you've clearly listened to very little of him if that's the conclusion you've made, or you've just copied an opinion on him you've seen elsewhere, as that's all many of his critics seem to be able to tag him with.

Its funny because its true.

Soldato
Is his Christianity talk not just in the realm of using say Greek Mythology to describe archetypes and life lessons?

If the Christianity angle turns you off, ignore the modern church institution and just treat it as a framework to tell an allegory. You won't suddenly turn into an evangelical by association. The modern church is not that representative of the way Christianity or Gnostic practices were in the past.

Back
Top Bottom