Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Associate
Can you get detachable cable version of VSD3s with silver cable? Also is it possible to buy aftermarket cable as the one that they come with has no strain relief at all from what I can see?

Soldato
OP
The pictures are apparently of the old version (as are identical to mine), the cable has been amended since. You cannot get a silver detachable cable, the silver cable is only available on the non-detachable IEMs.

With regards to aftermarket, all the answers to that are on the previous page of this thread :)

Associate
I just ordered them (£25.14 inc shipping). Hopefully they arrive soon. Just out of interest how do they compare to cheap earphones like skull candy? I will find out when they arrive but I would like to know your opinions. Also thank you for all your help Cookeh.

Soldato
OP
Miles better. gjc rates them as better than the SHURE SE535, I rate them as the best IEM I've heard beneath £100 (the only one I've heard that's better is their bigger brother, the GR07) - but then Ive not explored that many options above £150 :)

Soldato
OP
5-10 days. Says so on their site and has been mentioned i this thread about 4 times now :p

Samy, if its not on lendmeurears then check Penon Audio, but be aware that VSonic will not honour warranty from any site other than lendmeurears.

Associate
Cant find VSD3S blue non detachable anywhere. In terms of sound quality what kind of differences we are talking copper (detachable) vs silver cable ( non detachable)? Also would detachable cable be a issue loose connection over time or stop working?

Soldato
OP
Detachable was presenting issues, but VSonic claim to have amended this. Silver cable will, in theory and according to VSonic, improve detail slightly and better treble.

Associate
Do you have them or are you waiting upon delivery? If you have them can you post a few pictures?

Not yet pal, but if I'm as lucky as Cookeh re. Delivery they should be here early next week :)

Do you have any pictures of them as there arent any except ones on lendmeurears website and I wonder how they look like as image from retailers always never reflect real look?

Patience :D tracking shows they're in Germany, will be here in the next couple of days I hope.

Soldato
OP
Nope :)

Mine run off my Sandisk Clip+ with no issues. They do improve under amping, but its not substantial enough to warrant -needing- an amp. Should you choose to amp them, something like the FiiO E06 would do the job perfectly (just be aware of fakes).

Soldato
OP
The old ones took 32GB as a max, the new ones take up to 128GB with no issues apparently.

I love mine. Tiny form factor, and perhaps the best sounding DAP under £100 :) Got enough juice to run most IEMs and most of more 'budget' non-power hungry portable headphones and battery life is pretty decent.

Are they £30 nowadays? Got mine about 5 years ago for something closer to half that... :eek:

Associate
I was thinking about getting DAP but I dont know if it will play music better than my Note 3 and I use 320kbpm songs purchased from google playstore or riped from my cd's. How does clip+ compare to note 3 and maybe fiio x?

Back
Top Bottom