Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Soldato
I will be ordering a pair in a few weeks, once I've got my grubby mitts on either a GTX 970 or an R9 290X, which will wipe out my piggy bank.

Having too much fun Witchering at the moment for any headphone / earphone shenanigans. :D

Associate
Had a good ~hour listen over lunch. Just on spotify through my phone (how they'll be played most of the time).

First impressions: Much better than my previous Dunu tridents, very comfy in the ear - I usually swap to foam tips, but don't think I'll bother with these. Bass is excellent and soundstage seems very good for IEMs (or my tridents were very poor), especially for the price!

Taken a while to get used to over-the-ear fitting, but I have to say it is much better this way! Not so keen on the over-ear cable holder whatsits, and wish they'd come with a little clip to secure to tshirt/coat.

Love the fact that it's a straight jack output, which works so much better in-pocket than a 45o or 90o one.

Colour's excellent, very see-through if you're worried about this (I'm not), but they do look great.

Fit well in my altoid mint tin when not in use, so bonus points here - won't get wrecked in my pocket.

If I had any complaints it'd be that the cable doesn't seem great, I'm not sure how long the weak points will last (non-removable one which makes upgrading difficult) and it tangles quite easily.

Very happy bunny - cheers Cookeh. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Pleasure Ducky, cable is interesting. I don't know what the none-detachable cables are like strain relief-wise - the terminus on my set was crap (hence me getting it reterminated) but VSonic have said they have amended it... I actually prefer 90' connectors, makes snapping the cable at the terminus much harder. With regards to the ear guides, I've never felt the need to use them on any IEM set and believebthe cable will be better as its lighter and thinner than the guide so less likely to irritate.

Soldato
OP
Interesting. They appear to have lengthened the strain relief on the terminus but have still left it squared off at 90'... My nodded cable was despatched yesterday, hopefully with me today and I'll get some pics up.

Associate
I'm really exited this is my first pair of decent earphones. I always listen to skull candy but not any more they sound really bad compare to my friends stock samsung ones and on top of all one of the earphone stopped working after 4 months so I said no more skull candy. :)

Associate
Picked mine up from work today (ordered on the 14th May) :D

Now I'm no audiophile, but....the soundstage on these sounds so wide and the highs and lows sound very clean and clear and they certainly seem to kick well on the lows as well.

Very, very pleased with my buy. Cheers Cookeh!!!

Soldato
OP
LMUREs should give me a discount at the very least! :p

Minstadave, most tips fit on them, the nozzle size is fairly standard. I've had Shire Olives on mine as well as both old and new VSonics and the tips from my old Fischer Audios. Comply foam tips will also fit if that's what you're looking for (though I prefer the Olives).

Associate
OMG they arrived today.
29qfnmu.jpg
I'll post more images later just need to listen to them first.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there guys I just had approx 2h of listening from spotify and I have notice that these earphones have some sibilance. Is there I can do as I do listen to some songs that have emphasis on sh sound ? Apart from this they are just better than skull candy especially bass well controlled. I think they were made for rock, dubstep and electronic music they sound incredible. Thanks for convincing me to get these little beauties. I will continue to listen to them and write little review from non audiophile prospective.

Associate
Any ideas on how to do it? I never used eq and every time i do it sounds bad when I play with it than original? I have note 3 would you be able to give me some advice how to drop off higher treble as they are perfect but when I listen to some songs my ears starts to hurt from sh sound. I have to admit they are perfect for dubstep and pop music that dont have emphases on sh sound

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom