"Just stop oil"

Caporegime
If they've got any stones, they may as well move onto explicitly non-peaceful protest now, if they're getting jailed anyway - will be interesting to see if they choose to escalate in response

Caporegime
They were not protesting peacefully anyway. Escalation to what?

Proper permanent vandalism, arson, that sort of thing. If they're going to get jail time for holding up traffic, might as well do something a bit more extreme to earn that jail time.

Soldato
Proper permanent vandalism, arson, that sort of thing. If they're going to get jail time for holding up traffic, might as well do something a bit more extreme to earn that jail time.

Then they get ten years to Life, if it causes somebody severe harm. What is the point here, one side escalates so does the other. Zero sum gain.

The only recourse is through parliament and normal democratic means. Once a side believes that they are above the law and completely in the right, that's when it breaks down.

Soldato
I never shy from an opportunity to take the mick out of stupid people, and I honestly didn't think those extinction rebellion pancakes would ever be trumped in the stupid stakes, yet here we are :D

"Just stop oil"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-60951403

In what must be the most spectacular way of telling the world that you're probably the best poster child for the Dunning Kruger effect, these idiots are now protesting oil. No reasoning apart from "oil bad" as usual, the force with which these idiots shove their stupidity down our throats is truly a thing to behold.

To be clear before the usuals jump all over me, I do agree that oil is a disgusting business which puts profits over everything else and our dependency on it is unsustainable but the fact is that we're completely and utterly dependent on it as a society and are in no position to just "stop oil".

Also, I just like taking the mick out of idiots who deliberately put themselves in the limelight not knowing how completely and utterly stupid they are presenting themselves to anyone with half a brain.

Who also have a habit of putting their beliefs aside when the weather's a bit chilly.

We'll call them "fair weather, mild, occasional protesters" :D
I thought it was a climate change protest - trying to inform the masses that if we continue to burn baby burn and other activities then CC will be a serious issue.

Soldato
Probably Russian organised given the current situation - it plays to Russian interests to disrupt stuff like this and those protesting are too stupid to see they are being used for other's agenda.
Russia defo runs its economy on fossil fuels but trying to blame CC protests on Russia seems very strange to me

Caporegime
one side escalates so does the other.

That's what i'm expecting to see happen, I certainly don't foresee them reacting to this sentencing by deciding it's all not worth it and just packing it in. Just a question of how much and how quickly it escalates I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's what i'm expecting to see happen, I certainly don't them reacting to this sentencing by deciding it's all not worth it and just packing it in. Just a question of how much and how quickly it escalates I think.

I don't think so. They will probably have another zoom meeting to discuss it and the police and other security services will also be there. JSO are not the masterminds they may believe themselves to be.

Soldato
I am sure they will serve a lot less than that but even 12 months may make others think twice.
In principle I am fully behind it and if it acts as a deterrent even now it may be a good idea however with serious cases like rape and what not taking forever to get sorted and prosecutors being urged to delay where possible because of over crowding it's a difficult one.

but either way, I am happy to see people doing this sort of thing getting punishment. Also how much fuel was wasted from all the cars during that protest, not to mention possible missed medical appointments, family stuff and holidays etc.

If they want to win hearts and minds then disrupting people going about their day is not the way. Would any person sat in that queue have self reflected and decided... you know what! I am totally won over by these guys? i doubt it.

That said.............. if the police were more forceful and actually removed them faster in the 1st place it never would have been such a big clustermess. I remember watching a video with how the German...... i think it was....... police dealt with people who glued themselves to a road. it involved a lot of yanking and a trip to A&E to sort their hands out.

Last edited:
Soldato
If they were peaceful and if they were enormous.
I’m no JSO fan but standing in the middle of the M25 IS a peaceful protest whichever way you look at it. The same goes for the slow walks/stoppages they did in London.

They are completely passive and non-combative when they do it to the point that the people in London who get the **** kicked out of them just sit there and take it.

We are not talking about the other numpties who are going about vandalising stuff here.

Soldato
I think the UK has environmental protesters have no choice now but for extremism, and welcome the bloodshed followed by the cries of “but why couldn’t they do it peacefully?!?” from the centrist liberals.

It’s interesting to have in mind, those celebrating the jailing of jso are completely blind to the revelations of the spy cops enquiry unearthing the latent police abuse of democracy by successive right wing governments.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m no JSO fan but standing in the middle of the M25 IS a peaceful protest whichever way you look at it. The same goes for the slow walks/stoppages they did in London.

They are not standing. They are climbing and tying on, causing others to risk there necks getting the stupid ******* down.

Personally I would open the motorway and leave them up there for a few days.

Soldato
They are not standing. They are climbing and tying on, causing others to risk there necks getting the stupid ******* down.
That doesn't make it something which isn’t peaceful.

Personally I would open the motorway and leave them up there for a few days.

The only reason they target these locations is because the police stop traffic which causes the disruption. If the police didn’t stop the traffic…

Back
Top Bottom