"Just stop oil"

They’ll be out on licence in a few months.

Prisons are full and they need spaces for those who pose a direct danger to the public. They had to temporarily close Dartmoor yesterday, that’s another couple of hundred places to find for prisoners.

I wouldn't dispute a word of that, and I have absolutely no time for their methods even if I do agree with the sentiment, but the 4 & 5 year sentences are OTT. No wonder prisons are in crisis; we need to modernise the justice system and find better punitive methods.

There will come a time when Britain does not use a drop of mineral oil except for some lubrication where science cannot provide a substitute. I say Britain because there is still the rest of the world and I more than suspect buses trains and cars will still be powered by the stuff in a lot of places.
Cuba running 1950's chevy's, (do they still do that?) Is one example, there are bound to be many more. Rishi was quite right the other day to say that this country has done more to reduce its carbon footprint than most others. China uses a lot of wind and solar but a **** tonne of coal and oil as well. Germany and Poland still mine and burn coal.
So we will get there but a load of radicals declaring that the sky is falling and we need to do it today just impoverishes everybody. The planet is not that unstable and really only suffers from one major issue. Too many human beings

Last edited:
These were the organisers though. Apparently the judge could have given them a maximum of 10 years so maybe they got off lightly...

They did try his patience by turning his court into a flash mob on occasion. If deportation was still allowed, they would be on a transport by now.

Glad to see they got what they deserved, hopefully the more this happens the more of a deterrent it will be to the rest of the crazies.

I’m no JSO fan but standing in the middle of the M25 IS a peaceful protest whichever way you look at it.
Trespassing on a major road and forcibly blocking traffic is not a peaceful protest it is nonviolent activism (hence why it's a crime in many first world countries).

A simple comparison would be standing outside a cinema holding up placards and chanting is not the same as forcing your way into the cinema and standing in front of the screen holding up placards and chanting to ensure you ruin everyone's experience.

Last edited:
There are far more demands than that.

Of course there are new demands now. It was silly to believe their original demand was their purpose. It's an authoritarian doomsday cult, so they'll continue to make up demands forever. What they're demanding is irrelevant to them. What matters to them is that they have demands. That must be obeyed!

There will come a time when Britain does not use a drop of mineral oil except for some lubrication where science cannot provide a substitute. I say Britain because there is still the rest of the world and I more than suspect buses trains and cars will still be powered by the stuff in a lot of places.
Cuba running 1950's chevy's, (do they still do that?) Is one example, there are bound to be many more. Rishi was quite right the other day to say that this country has done more to reduce its carbon footprint than most others. China uses a lot of wind and solar but a **** tonne of coal and oil as well. Germany and Poland still mine and burn coal.
So we will get there but a load of radicals declaring that the sky is falling and we need to do it today just impoverishes everybody. The planet is not that unstable and really only suffers from one major issue. Too many human beings

That bears absolutely no relevance to the sentences they've received. They should be judged on their actions, not their thoughts.

Last edited:
And anyone here feeling sorry for poor Roger Hallam, then lets not forget just how deranged he is from his own words..

A gang of boys will break into your house demanding food. They will see your mother, your sister, your girlfriend, and they will gang **** her on the kitchen table.
They will force you to watch, laughing at you. At the end, they will accuse you of enjoying it. They’ll take a cigarette and burn out your eyes with it. You will not be able to see anything again.

This is the reality of climate change

The words of a perfectly sane man :rolleyes:

That bears absolutely no relevance to the sentences they've received. They should be judged on their actions, not their thoughts.

My monologue was as to the madness of JSO. Their inalienable right to be right when everyone else is wrong. Their cliff edge scenario which cannot be challenged. The world is boiling.

Time to put a stop to silly stunts, time to challenge their timeline. Yes things need to be done but on a parliamentary time scale where everyone is brought along securely. Stamp down on the anarchy, so yes the sentences are right although they probably will be reduced substantially for good behaviour etc.

Last edited:
the problem is even if you feel passionately about stopping oil (which is impossible for the foreseeable. reduce absolutely... but stop , not happening any time soon)

but if it's ok for JSO to bring 10,000s of people to a halt for hrs on end daily without a deterrent then why stop there? don't like the Tory's, block a motorway , don't like labour, block the Dartford crossing, don't like abortion? block the trains going out of london ....... you get the point.

either it is ok to bring the country to its knees for hrs at a time or it isn't. and unless the punishment is enough to act as a deterrent then it could happen regularly.

this country has enough problems as it is without these people making it worse..

FWIW I agree with their cause and I do more than the majority to minimise my CO2 footprint (not wearing a halo i eat meat and am going to Spain on family holiday)

but I do what I do despite JSO not because of.

And anyone here feeling sorry for poor Roger Hallam, then lets not forget just how deranged he is from his own words..

A gang of boys will break into your house demanding food. They will see your mother, your sister, your girlfriend, and they will gang **** her on the kitchen table.
They will force you to watch, laughing at you. At the end, they will accuse you of enjoying it. They’ll take a cigarette and burn out your eyes with it. You will not be able to see anything again.

This is the reality of climate change

The words of a perfectly sane man :rolleyes:
I do hope he continues to be an insufferable **** in prison because his name will be very apt.

Back
Top Bottom