"Just stop oil"

The big question here is simple:

What has to happen before you think "I wish we'd acted sooner, maybe we should have listened to those guys back in 2023"?

So many people are simply oblivious to the fact that the cost of doing nothing is already so much larger than the cost of going something.

How many "freak" weather events have to happen before they become "normal"?

What has to happen before you think "I wish we'd acted sooner, maybe we should have listened to those guys back in 2023"?

So many people are simply oblivious to the fact that the cost of doing nothing is already so much larger than the cost of going something.

Not my problem, I’ll be dead in 50 years and I’m a spent donor not a father.

I want humanity to be punished for its decisions. It pleases me to know that I’ll be gone, but the children of those responsible are going to suffer horribly. Be it your small minded bigot, your liberal who voted for Conservative because they didn’t want a hard left government or the 1%. I look forward to them all burning. Humanity is a plague.

I want humanity to be punished for its decisions. It pleases me to know that I’ll be gone, but the children of those responsible are going to suffer horribly. Be it your small minded bigot, your liberal who voted for Conservative because they didn’t want a hard left government or the 1%. I look forward to them all burning. Humanity is a plague.
You’ve got serious issues my friend. So much rage and anger.

Can't really argue with that if we're honest.

At least when we go our energy will be reconstituted into something, probably, more useful. I see that as a silver lining.
Humanity isn’t a plague at all. Certain aspects are, but humans have done and still do wonderful things.

Certain aspects of it, and there a lot, are evil and hugely detrimental to society, but the vast majority of humans are good, honest and caring people who want the best for the world.

Last edited:

Maybe, but many of the poor and the innocent will be suffering a lot more than the wealthy and powerful who can insulate themselves to an extent from the crisis that they created. Also, I believe we've got a lot less than 50 years before things spiral out of control, it's already starting and the below is very bad news and could trigger tipping points which could result in an exponential increase in warming and the associated effects (which the media have been very quiet about):

Last edited:
Can't really argue with that if we're honest.

At least when we go our energy will be reconstituted into something, probably, more useful. I see that as a silver lining.
The planet will be fine in the end, but life on earth as we know it (not just humans) certainly won't be. I'm not sure that's a desirable result.

Maybe, but many of the poor and the innocent will be suffering a lot more than the wealthy and powerful who can insulate themselves to an extent from the crisis that they created. Also, I believe we've got a lot less than 50 years before things spiral out of control, it's already starting and the below is very bad news and could trigger tipping points which could result in an exponential increase in warming and the associated effects (which the media have been very quiet about):

Some Arctic and Antarctic regions have already warmed by 2 degrees.

Think the horse has bolted.

Why would a freak weather event change anything and what makes you think people aren't acting here? It's not like global warming only became a thing in [current year]?

It pleases me to know that I’ll be gone, but the children of those responsible are going to suffer horribly. Be it your small minded bigot, your liberal who voted for Conservative because they didn’t want a hard left government or the 1%. I look forward to them all burning. Humanity is a plague.

But that isn't likely to be what happens with global warming, it's going to be cities in say India where a combination of heat and humidity could cause mass deaths and make them practically unlivable save for if staying inside air-conditioned buildings.

The children you're gleefully wishing death on are going to be some of the poorest people on the planet who can't move... not the descendants of people who travel by jet several times a year or drive SUVs in the West.

do you really think that? "I am fine , won't affect me but I am delighted for the hell inflicted on others"

But that isn't likely to be what happens with global warming, it's going to be cities in say India where a combination of heat and humidity could cause mass deaths and make them practically unlivable save for if staying inside air-conditioned buildings.

The children you're gleefully wishing death on are going to be some of the poorest people on the planet who can't move... not the descendants of people who travel by jet several times a year or drive SUVs in the West.
Of the 30 most polluted cities in the world, 21 were in India in 2019
Yeah India is pretty good when it comes to polluting the planet

Hopefully they will Nuke those responsible

Some Arctic and Antarctic regions have already warmed by 2 degrees.

Think the horse has bolted.
I don't know about that, it's still salvageable and the more we limit the increase in temperature (even above an average of 1.5C) the less damaging it will be and this is exponential not linear. We can't just give in to fatalism because then the fossil fuel industry truly has won.

Last edited:
"per capita"
moving-goalpost.gif

Where did you say per capita ? :cry:

But do tell me how India isn't a top polluter and contributer to climate change when it literally has over 20x the population of the UK and over 10x the amount of cars

As you say, use some basic reasoning please, for once in your life

I don't know about that, it's still salvageable and the more we limit the increase in temperature (even above an average of 1.5C) the less damaging it will be and this is exponential not linear. We can't just give in to fatalism because then the fossil fuel industry truly does win.
It's actually more the arctic warming a lot quicker than the Antarctic to be fair.

Arctic amplification also affects the jet stream and I'd heating up a lot quicker than the rest of the world (4 times faster since 1979)

https://www.nature.com/articles/s43247-022-00498-3

I think we're stuffed but I'd like to see fossil fuel shutdown, greener energy and a cleaner environment and I'll carry on thinking that even if I'm choking on water as the seas rise.

We really should stop faffing around though.

the thing which grinds my gears is.... (and it may not be enough but would surely help) but the technology already exists to hugely reduce our demand on dirty fuels. if all new buildings had solar, and all governments had grants to help people fund self generation or off peak storage (not just UK but elsewhere). if nimby asshats would just put a plug in it, I think we would make a huge dent. already wind is what, 35% of our energy generation. today I exported over 5x more energy than I imported and what I did import was off peak . I am lucky I can afford to do that. it's a no brainer and will pay for itself . .. I don't need help to install mine but those who do need it, grants should be available.

the grid infrastructure also needs a lot of work as well. privatisation has made this a bitter pill to swallow but rather than tax going into HS2 it should prolly be going into the grid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom