*** Justice League Thread ***

Associate
I don't know why Snyder doesn't just shoot in black and white, he always leeches so much colour out of the film it is grey, drab and boring to look at. At least if it were shot in B&W there would be a good reason for it. Unless it gets some rave reviews I'll be passing on this, which is a pity as I used to enjoy the JL comics.

Soldato
I get frustrated with Snyder, as visually I think he is very creative, but the emotion of his characters feels very flat and monotone. It's like Snyder is the sort of guy that would do well if he worked with another director, rather than having complete control. Actually, this was one of the things I was hoping would happen when as far back as Man of Steel, there were rumours that Nolan would supervise the project, but instead that didn't happen and Snyder had full control. I still always wonder what would have happened if Nolan was able to oversee the whole thing.

Soldato
Nolan's not one for emotion though either, but yes I agree that Snyder is visually creative. He needs someone to rein him in, rather than just letting him go nuts. Look at Sucker Punch, visually fantastic, but that it is not enough to string a bunch of fantastic visuals together in the hope it makes a good film.

He reminds me of the Wachowski's, in that they are also visually creative, but suck when given full control (which is always since the Matrix films made Warner a pile of cash) and they can direct the material they write. Jupiter Ascending was visually fantastic, but was such a dire film.

Both parties have some good ideas, they just need help in transferring those ideas to film and told when some of their ideas just plain suck.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I am just concerned WB is churning too much too quickly which often butchers the source material leaving a giant dog's dinner.

Caporegime
Notice how there is lots of focus on Wonder Woman now.

I heard they did some reshoots with Whedon to get more footage of her in the movie after her solo movie was so well received.

Caporegime
I taker it this Demon is the one Luthor was "communing" with in the deleted scene from Bvs? Also does fish guy remind anyone of Roman Reigns from the wwe, facially he looks quite similar.

Soldato
Yeah, It's Steppenwolf. His parademons were the flying creatures in in Bruce's vision of the dystopian future with the evil Superman.

I'm more interested in who Alfred was talking to when he said "You said you'd come. Let's hope you're not too late".

Caporegime
It's rumoured to be Green Lantern.

Looks more like Superman, if you go to the 4 minute mark or 3:59 to 4:01 and blow it upto full screen you can see a bit of red on the lower right, its an odd zoomed blurred kind of view of him talking to someone just about in the shot but with the darkness concealing it for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom