*** Justice League Thread ***

Caporegime
Why is Aquaman a thing?

I mean i know its comic books but he seems like the most limited rubbish super hero.

OR

Can he control the weather and do all that kind of nature bending stuff? Does he just summon lakes and seas...

Soldato
i don't have high hopes but hopefully it will be good.
cyborg looks utterly pointless and unwanted, and that falling through the building by aquaman is shockingly bad cgi - its a bit legolas off the elephant!

Associate
Why is Aquaman a thing?

I mean i know its comic books but he seems like the most limited rubbish super hero.

OR

Can he control the weather and do all that kind of nature bending stuff? Does he just summon lakes and seas...

He's basically kind of a Superman-light - super strength, super speed (not Flash fast), enhanced senses (night vision, sonar), extreme durability, controls water and has telepathy with any life linked to the sea (including humans).

Depending on how far they take his powers, he may be able to control weather (to a point - control rather than create), fly, heal, create portals, have some magical abilities or access The Clear - New 52's version of how water-based superheroes get their powers - sort of like how Barry accesses the speed force for his powers

Soldato
Supes has to come in the Third/Fourth act just when all hope is lost and turn the tide!

Deus Ex Supermachina

Btw the Cyborg and Aquaman are pointless...

*dons nerdy cap*

Mother Boxes seem to play an important part in the film - they're sort of MacGuffin-y devices that do various things - including creating boom tubes which allow FTL travel (which you see Steppenwolf appear from in the trailer). Apparently in the DCU there are only 3 on Earth and you see a holographic Stepp with 3 boxes in a deleted scene on the BvS blu ray.

One is with the Amazonians at Themyscira as you see from the trailer (which is because the Amazonians were created by the Olympian gods - of which WW in the DCU is actually one herself - who are really extraterrestrial super beings with power levels over 9000 like Supes). Obviously WW is all about protecting the human race and will probably want to make sure her mum doesn't cop it.

One is with the Atlanteans of which Aquaman is king. We know from an earlier trailer initially he turns Bruce Wayne's offer down, so he probably changes his mind when the bad guys come to get his box. So that ties him in.

The third is with the human race and literally hosted by Cyborg - you can see it creating/becoming part of him in the BvS meta-humans file scene. That ties him in.

As far as the other two go, Flash is the token kid who has to become a man - if anything he's the one with the least reason to be there and Batman has no powers but is tricksy and does the team-building thing.

Soldato
With the directorial changes, and various things, now they are ading bits and reshoots to,tie the scenes together.
So henrycavil, playing superman, is apparently under contract for another film with paramount, a spy thriller.
It seems he is under contract to not shave off his mustache.

It appears all the current filming will have post production effects and cgi to remove the mustache...

Caporegime
Why did they have to spoil it? They do this with trailers all the time! I mean I kind of knew, but to have it so blatantly confirmed before release it ridiculous. Stupid studios!

OK, maybe not confirmed but highly suggested.

Soldato
Why did they have to spoil it? They do this with trailers all the time! I mean I kind of knew, but to have it so blatantly confirmed before release it ridiculous. Stupid studios!

Why? What have they done? Not CGI'd Cesar Romero as the Joker?

Caporegime

As i said in another thread, trailers these days are essentially an A-Z of the movie, you can practically piece together where the events occur in the movie by watching the trailer and its rare that you get any kind of surprise. Trailers basically blow the movies load long before it ever hits theatres. Wasn't the case in the 80's, Ghostbusters was a good example with Stay Puft not appearing in the trailer and being a huge end of movie surprise. Doesn't really happen these days.

Back
Top Bottom