Kerbal Space Program

Man of Honour
Still toppled over with rcs. :( need bigger base.

84495918.jpg

So know need to build a 2m rocket and do a rescue

Soldato
I don't think any plugin works ATM. I'm pretty sure they said 0.16 would brake them.

Anyone else having issues with the new 2m rocket parts? A simple one engine rocket works fine, complicated rockets the engins just don't ignite.

I'm using parts from Kosmos with 0.16. :)

I think it's just anything that relies on a dll that doesn't work. Which thinking about it... the panels do. :(

Associate
I swear..
Every one, an there dog must be downloading this!
I eventually got the KSP 15 Downloaded, but now trying to get the update system to patch it too KSP 16, just ain't happening! :(
+ The Forum an Main Web Page are slow as hell.

Well the only good news is, that this heavily developed amazing Indie game, is getting some series love or hate by the PC/Mac community! :p
I do feel sorry for the members that cant get access, I can still play my Experimental Build, all weekend!

I give you JEB-ZILLA: RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/giantkerbal.jpg/

Now: Back to playing Ten Pin Bowling on the Mun. :D

Last edited:
Associate
Well the forums loaded enough for me to download kosmos. Even got 0.16 to install via the patcher. Things are very different now. Before I could get an easy 1m ship into orbit using a few other mod packs such as the nova pack, now I can't do anything

Soldato
Well the forums loaded enough for me to download kosmos. Even got 0.16 to install via the patcher. Things are very different now. Before I could get an easy 1m ship into orbit using a few other mod packs such as the nova pack, now I can't do anything

I've had issue getting into orbit since the patch. Even when I knew I could do it without any mods. :o

Seems they've tweaked it. :o

Associate
Well there has been changes yes:
Parts scaled up.
Nova - modified parts + struts strength.
How parts collide with each other differently.
Importantly Engines now have Atmo/Vacumn power profiles, which is true to real rockets.

I believe these have affected power/weight ratio's
Also ASAS struggles to control the new larger parts in space.

As a tester, generally we tested for bugs, now how sutle changes affected rocket performance.
Remember his is a Hybrid update. Version 17 should add further parts plus fully balance them.

Look on the bright side, another reason to relearn your rocket creation skills an bounce some kerbals off high atmo or off each other. :)

Soldato
download got to 160mb and ended.
buggr
will try tomorrow

anyone checked to see how high you can drop a kerban from before they go splat

Associate
download got to 160mb and ended.
buggr
will try tomorrow

anyone checked to see how high you can drop a kerban from before they go splat

Been having the same issue; Downloading.

Not making Kerbal Pan Cakes, rougly 100meters in Kerbin gravity.
Typically 50M/s or less, when bouncing into things is a good rule. For your Kerbals sake.. ;)

We found a Hilarous bug, in KSP 16 X1, that if you flew into a ship with a Kerbal at 100+ M/s the ship parts exploded, an the Kerbal survived, however it typically floated off into space spinning.. was quite funny when testing. :p

Soldato
There's some great RCS tanks in the Kosmos packs if you want to bring your centre of gravity lower. If you don't mind using mod parts. :)

They strap on the outside rather than having to go inline, and they're much bigger capacity than the standard RCS blocks, so you won't need as many. Two of them is the same capacity as 10 of the one's you're using I think.

screenshot19.jpg

Suspended
I am not authorised to do an update, wtf?

If I do get it working, what mods work with the new version? I have Kosmos and Mechjeb

Last edited:
Associate
erm when i do get to the store, i can only download 0.15?

If you still have KSP.15 for unzipping.
Unzip a fresh copy, too another part of your hard drive, from there try updating it via the updater. This seems to be the route with the best chance of working.
ATM I have had no luck. :(

Foolishly they didnt upload KSP.16 to the store.

Be patient an keep trying, the servers + forum is close to melting due too demand.
I'll be trying again after F1. :)

Back
Top Bottom