Kerbal Space Program

Jesus, I remember paying like £5 for that! Got 100's of hours out... Best £5 I ever spent :)

I paid the same. :D
By far the most entertainment from a single game ever!
+ With active development of the game, I simply cant stop playing it. :o

PermaBanned:
Great little EVA picture. :cool:

ORxL3.png

Kerbal Positioning System in place (although somewhat less than ideal, the Kerbals just radio in where they think they are and you have to do the sums yourself), Kerbostationary Orbit attained... think i'm getting to the point where i may have to round up Bill, Bob and Jeb from the training grounds and try for a Mun landing.

I was going to try for three in Kerbostationary orbit, but to be honest that level of planning is quite hard. I ended up being nowhere near over the bit of land i was aiming for, so trying to get two more, 120° apart would be rather difficult.

I've dabbled with a few mods, but i always end up thinking that i'm cheating and going back to vanilla. But then that's probably because all those mods did was add more parts (although, some large SAS etc. would be very welcome right now). I found a KSP 'Lets Play'er called TheWinterOwl, they were trying something with a mapping satellite around the Mun with which you find artefacts. I'll definitely be looking into stuff like that when it's been updated to work with .16.

Well this is what i've been using:

nmXxd.png

I find it's often best if you try to base them on existing rockets. I went for Soyuz, a long burning first stage with boosters, then a second stage to get you most of the way and you use the ship's engine for the final orbital insertion burn/adjustments if you need to. I changed the half tanks on the boosters to full tanks and added another tank to the first stage to get into Kerbostationary Orbit but i'm not sure if it helped much.

A rocket based on the Delta IV Heavy would certainly be interesting... ;)

I still can't get out of the atmosphere, or even build a stable ship :p

Need to download .16 when F1 is finished too!

This is my new Mun Ranger. goes to either mun with ease, a little hard landing as engines are so powerful. just requires lots of manual throttling. Shame they nerfed the landing engine so much, loved that thing.

screenshot5fi.png

all 13 bottom engines fire at the same time, fuel drains from outside to in. so at ~8000m the outer 6 rockets are ditched and the remaining 7 still have full fuel. middle 6 are dropped somewhere between atmosphere and half orbit. The inner one gets you into orbit, transfer trajectory to either, braking for either and shedding most speed for either, ditching that engine with a bit of fuel left usually. final 3 spike engines for landing and enough fuel so you can return home and soft land back on Kerbin if you wish.

have they changed drag? it seems much harder to get an efficient orbit and getting it slightly out massively increases your fuel usage to obtain orbit.

That's not going to work out, you need to overshoot, so when you brake the line comes back in, your going to be a fair way short of target.

I'm getting better at pin point. Got three landing within 20km and 2 oblitiration crashes as well

People you do realise you can build aircraft? :eek:
Well its a good way to relax if, rocket building is... well you know, not been straight forward. ;)

Below are my Highly maneuverable Fighters:
DELTA-1 (Right)
DELTA-3 (Left)
delta1delta3.png

Now; Back to work try to perfect my VTOL craft.

Aircraft design is simpler than rocket design? What are you smoking? :p

Is it just me or is the large landing engine/tank underpowered? With just the capsule, parachute, decoupler, fuel tank, three landing legs and engine i can't get off the ground on Kerbin.

Back
Top Bottom