Kerbal Space Program

:(

screenshot43.jpg

Had the brilliant plan of putting my landing struts on my RCS tanks, in order to make further out and give a bigger, more stable landing platform. After ten minutes of clenching, turns out it just makes them snap off. :p

Great landing. ;)
Still no big loss, send up a Three Man craft, with a spare seat. An rescue your stranded kerbal.
In the past, before EVA's we couldn't.

On a personal note, I wish the ASAS unit would stop craft role better.

Keep trying Boycee, I eventually got my download to work.
Read my previous post for best approach.

Anyone got a link explaining the entering and exiting the mun on the map?

Cant quite manage an orbit of the mun, let alone landing.

Once you figure out orbits around Kerbal getting to the mun is a piece of cake as long as you've got the fuel.

Basically, once you've got an orbit around Kerbal, you can stretch it out until you get grabbed by the mun, then slow yourself into an orbit. :)

You've got two green symbols on your gimbal:

A light green/yellowy circle with 4 dashes sticking out from it. This points where you're headed.

A darker green with 4 dashes and a cross through it. This points the opposite direction.

If you burn towards where you're heading, the altitude directly across from where you are will increase. If you burn away, the altitude will be lower.

I stuck this up a while ago and it's got some good links and vids for orbits. :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22141041&postcount=719

Anyone got a link explaining the entering and exiting the mun on the map?

Cant quite manage an orbit of the mun, let alone landing.

Links..
Honestly couldn't say, however youtube is your friend.
But most of the satisfaction comes from landing your self, not following what some one else tells you.

You have mastered the basics?
Understanding basic orbital mechanics, RCS system, Translation, ASAS limitations!

Dummies Guide:
Get out of Atmo.
Point your rocket at the Mun
Lock in ASAS (Pointing at Mun)
Switch to Map (M)
Watch as your Purple line approachs the Mun
The instant your line turns Gold, Press (X) - Kills Throttle
(You have achieved, Mun Fly By)

Speed up time, to enter the Gold like (You have entered Mun Gavity)
RCS Craft to point at Secound Green symbol on NAV Ball
Fire thrusters.
Switch to Map (M)
Watch as Gold line, shrinks until it touchs Mun.
(You have achieved, Mun Approach)

Control Descent until meeting the ground.
Land at LESS THAN 2M/s with No Translation drift. :D

Last edited:
download works, has updated however will now not load past stacktricoupler on the spash screen. Forums still down, will wait a few days :/

I've found two ways around that. either remove the folder from the parts folder or (i found this out by messing around and it seemed to work) was;

1) make a copy of the part folder on your desk just incase it messes up.
2) in the original part folder open up the file "triCoupler.DAE" in notepad
3) near the code at the begins on the line after "<\contributor>
it looks something like;
<created>2011-07-14T06:57:41Z</created>
<keywords></keywords>
<modified>2011-07-14T06:57:41Z</modified>
<revision></revision>
<subject></subject>
<title></title>
<unit meter="1.000000" name="centimeter"></unit>

From looking at the other DAE files in other parts, the structure was out, so I changed it to match them.

4)Change that section to look like this;
<created>2011-07-14T06:57:41Z</created>
<modified>2011-07-14T06:57:41Z</modified>
<revision></revision>
<title></title>
<subject></subject>
<keywords></keywords>
<unit meter="1.000000" name="centimeter"></unit>

5) save the file.
6) Reload the game and see if it loads up (it did for me)

Hopefully this will help.

Hmmm i know that things need to "progress" but the new rocket parts are a bit annoying. Why did some parts get made double the size and weight yet other parts stayed small? Why havent they kept to a standard size? Sure if you want to increase the size of rockets thats fine but at least increase EVERYTHING.

Well there's two different sizes of capsule, one with three seats and the other with one. I guess it will be important if/when cost becomes a thing.

I don't mind that there are different sizes - all that means is that you can have fun with massive engines and tiny payloads. I mind that some parts, like SAS, have no 'large' equivalent. Flying by hand is somewhat tedious :p

Exactly what is wrong with two different sizes,
Even ASAS and SAS int to bad, can still fit them on the larger rocket and they work, would be nicer with a proper sized version.

However I do remember designing a new SAS three before it went down, so I expect to we one soon, prolly in a patch which will fix few issues, allready found one.
Kerbals can't stand on a rocket they just fall over. If not it will take a mod a few seconds to enlarge them.

Think I need to master landing with the craft I have. :p Otherwise I'll end up with enough Kerbals up there to start a moon colony pretty quickly. :p

Anyone figured ladders yet?

My rescue mission slammed into the surface killing My brave orange friends, just leaving Jeb as the last survives, who is still stranded.

screenshot2fkv.png

the "landing motors are nerferd something horrendous. so using spikes, only really want one, but they don't work with decouplers.

I cant get the EVA pack to work? i thought you just used R to activate and normal RCS controls.

and soft landed back on Kerbin, used parachute to help in the last few meters, not easy to fine tune three spike engines.
screenshot3cg.png

also worked out eva

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom