Kevin Space Invader

They are joining an ongoing discussion that many people are having, Twitter is the best platform to get your own voice out there, which can't be manipulated by a journalist in an article.

Statute of limitations will have long expired.

Indeed, people don't seem to understand that the US justice system is quite different to ours.

I'm all for a good bandwagon

And this is the crux of it. Explain to me why now, 35 years later, this is suddenly reported. Did he report it to the cops back then? Or to anyone? Why is he now reporting it all of a sudden? Why are so many people coming forward? I suspect that as it's become more acceptable to report these things since Saville and co, many of these people are smelling a quick buckand a spot of limelight to boost their career. No such thing as bad publicity anyway.

I dunno. Rape and sexual assault are extremely serious incidents which should have heavy sentences, no two ways about it, but I can't help but wonder why all of a sudden half of Hollywood are climbing out the woodwork after all these years. Especially given how much more acceptable a pat on the bum was back then, which would be considered assault now.

My spidey senses are tingling and my inner cynic is wanting to explode.

And this is the crux of it. Explain to me why now, 35 years later, this is suddenly reported. Did he report it to the cops back then? Or to anyone? Why is he now reporting it all of a sudden? Why are so many people coming forward? I suspect that as it's become more acceptable to report these things since Saville and co, many of these people are smelling a quick buckand a spot of limelight to boost their career. No such thing as bad publicity anyway.

I dunno. Rape and sexual assault are extremely serious incidents which should have heavy sentences, no two ways about it, but I can't help but wonder why all of a sudden half of Hollywood are climbing out the woodwork after all these years. Especially given how much more acceptable a pat on the bum was back then, which would be considered assault now.

The only thing I can think of is that these kinds of people (the mega rich) have the best team of lawyers in the country. They can work there absolute magic to ensure their clients get off. That, and a "keep quiet for $1 million" so nobody knows what kind of a person they are.

Tell me this......how do we know kevin spacey hasn't done this hundreds of times before and paid them off to keep quiet

Or, perhaps, the seemingly untouchable Hollywood elite predators are no longer so untouchable, and victims are now more confident in coming forward without ruining their own careers or being made to disappear.

As a man in the 1980s, looking to advance a career in entertainment, how popular do you think you'd be if you came forward and said you were sexually assaulted? How many people do you think would believe you if you said a famous actor did it? How likely would you be to get hired in Hollywood again after your reputation of an accuser becomes known, especially considering everyone is a "friend-of-a-friend" in Hollywood?

It's also quite funny that Adam Sandler is getting roasted from his appearance on the Graham Norton show for touching someones knee.

I think it's about time someone came out and said all this anger has to stop.

Never will understand why people don't mention this around the time it happens, instead of 10/20/30 etc years later.
Sure, perhaps you may think people won't believe it, but if it'll start investigations against such actions & possibly stop it happening to anyone else, why would you not report it at the time?

P.S. He (Spacey) has said he has no recollection of this, but has apologised regardless. Innocent until proven guilty, of which there's no proof of this I reckon.

Perhaps all others coming forward are attention seekers, or not. Time'll tell.

Never will understand why people don't mention this around the time it happens, instead of 10/20/30 etc years later.
Sure, perhaps you may think people won't believe it, but if it'll start investigations against such actions & possibly stop it happening to anyone else, why would you not report it at the time?

It doesn't matter, they're doing it now and it should hopefully encourage people who are currently in situations like this to know that it's a good time to come forward.

(This whole why didn't they come out sooner, they're just after fame/money etc etc etc doesn't help anyone who might currently be dealing with a similar problem)

They don't report it as how can you prove it, and if you can't prove it why risk not getting any acting jobs? then again, even if you can prove it, who wants to hire an actor that took down kevin spacey

P.S. He (Spacey) has said he has no recollection of this, but has apologised regardless. Innocent until proven guilty, of which there's no proof of this I reckon.

Perhaps all others coming forward are attention seekers, or not. Time'll tell.
I would hazard that it's very hard for anyone who hasn't been sexually assaulted to imagine why someone would or wouldn't come forward.

I'll get destroyed as some lefty sjw for this, but whether we like it or not, our attitude to sexual assault is heavily biased towards the perpetrators, typically men, against their victims, typically women, though clearly not always. People like to ridicule the Old Testament laws and Islamic texts for their attitude towards rape (Out after dark? Didn't cry for help? Bad luck, your fault. Or hey, you could just pay off the victim's father) but we're really not that far from that in some of our attitudes.

So no, it doesn't surprise me one by that these things go unreported.

who here would keep quiet for £500,000
Ok, so my original response to this has been deleted, I guess I was too graphic...

Who here is remotely qualified to answer this question? Who here knows what it's like to be sexually assaulted? Hopefully not many of us.

Besides which, £500k would pay off my mortgage and then some, so I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't consider it.

Back
Top Bottom