Khat to be banned

Caporegime
how does regulation stop people taking too much?

seriously it doesn't work every Friday night does it?

one question to the dealer "so hey how much you take at once" would have given her all the info she needed.

she supposedly "meticulously researched" the drug before taking it, which is blatantly not true.

if she did not decide to look up what was a sensible dose before she took it or even ask someone, then i doubt any amount of dosage information on the packet would have been read or heeded either.

the point isn't that it will mean that no one over indulges but rather that people could be better informed and actually know what they are taking

Caporegime
well she knew exactly what she was taking, very good mdma, just like she paid for.

but she didn't know.... she clearly didn't know what she was doing and no information was available to her regarding what exactly was in the drugs she was purchasing..

Caporegime
but she didn't know.... she clearly didn't know what she was doing and no information was available to her regarding what exactly was in the drugs she was purchasing..

she did, she researched and wanted the purest mda she could get.

she got just that very pure mdma, nothing else.

there was a wealth of knowledge on that exact product in the head of the person she bought it off.

and online where she supposedly researched.

common sense says take a small dose first and see how you do then increase not bomb half the freaking bag.

first time you give someone whiskey do you expect them to take a sip or down half the bottle?

Caporegime

She was 15? I don't think anything she'd done could constitute 'research'... and again she didn't know what she was buying - people don't in general when buying drugs.

there was a wealth of knowledge on that exact product in the head of the person she bought it off.

The person selling it to you doesn't necessarily either as its often been passed through a few other stages before it got to him. Yes he can vaguely say it seems to be very pure and can advise her to only dab it...

Fact is she clearly didn't know what she was doing and perhaps hadn't been exposed to information about 'sensible' use. Common sense doesn't necessarily apply to naive teenagers who've generally been told that 'drugs are bad' and yet soon see that people seem to take drugs quite regularly and end up fairly OK.

Soldato

and online where she supposedly researched.

common sense says take a small dose first and see how you do then increase not bomb half the freaking bag.

first time you give someone whiskey do you expect them to take a sip or down half the bottle?

You don't buy many drugs do you? No dealer is ever going to be hounest about their product, half the time they don't exactly know what they are selling!

Look how many kids get their stomach pumped after stealing booze from their parents with no advice or drinking experience.

Soldato
No dealer

A good dealer will probably always sample what he passes on, whether its someone further down the chain or to their their own customer base.

Don't get me wrong I understand the lowest level street paddlers you're referring to. They probably just obtain bulk from the slightly more established professionals and sell it on. Still they could make up to 40% margin. 9 out of 10 times you will find a crap dealer, but the good ones are out there.

Last edited:
Soldato
You mustn't forget we are all different and even with the best of knowledge what may be safe for one person may not for another. You could say to a population this is a safe dose but for many it will not be. Then if you were to add other drugs into the mix (legal or not) then you have more problems.

Caporegime
You mustn't forget we are all different and even with the best of knowledge what may be safe for one person may not for another. You could say to a population this is a safe dose but for many it will not be. Then if you were to add other drugs into the mix (legal or not) then you have more problems.

Which logically should make people err on the side of caution, but people are stupid.

What I don't understand, is if the dealer was low-end scummy, how would he be getting such high purity stuff? You'd think he'd be cutting it down to 45% and making twice the money.

If he was one of those 'better' dealers, then he would have been marketing the hell out of it and charging more to begin with.

£40 for 91% (or thereabouts) purity is almost HotUKDeals-worthy :p

Soldato
Qualified clinicians have a hard time dosing humans properly because of the differences between us. Gut flora, absorption rates, metabolism rates... it's all trial and error, even for the most highly trained people. And it changes over time.

How many MDMA users know about its role in coagulation of the blood ? And of those that do, how many are aware of their own risks levels in regards thrombosis and related cardiovascular problems ?

Soldato
Qualified clinicians have a hard time dosing humans properly because of the differences between us. Gut flora, absorption rates, metabolism rates... it's all trial and error, even for the most highly trained people. And it changes over time.

How many MDMA users know about its role in coagulation of the blood ? And of those that do, how many are aware of their own risks levels in regards thrombosis and related cardiovascular problems ?

Shut up and sell me some drugs :p

Soldato
Which logically should make people err on the side of caution, but people are stupid.

What I don't understand, is if the dealer was low-end scummy, how would he be getting such high purity stuff? You'd think he'd be cutting it down to 45% and making twice the money.

If he was one of those 'better' dealers, then he would have been marketing the hell out of it and charging more to begin with.

£40 for 91% (or thereabouts) purity is almost HotUKDeals-worthy :p

You'd be amazed at how random drug quality can be.

Soldato
No one will care about this but you cannot get 91% pure MDMA. The highest purity is ~84% as the other 16% is the molar mass of HCL.

I have never ever in my life seen an accurate report on drugs from a newspaper. It is always agenda based. Don't know why I am surprised...

Caporegime
No one will care about this but you cannot get 91% pure MDMA. The highest purity is ~84% as the other 16% is the molar mass of HCL.

I have never ever in my life seen an accurate report on drugs from a newspaper. It is always agenda based. Don't know why I am surprised...

I would have thought that 100% pure means 'as pure as can be' rather than actual chemical composition, but then, you know, lolnewspapers.

Soldato
Remember when David Cameron was in favour of downgrading drugs like ecstasy on the basis of science. Then along came politics:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-U-turn-on-support-for-ecstasy-downgrade.html

Ironically, I'd wager the governments clamp down has caused more deaths because now more pills are laced with the more dangerous PMA:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24581947

In my opinion the government should seriously consider downgrading or legalising (and heavily regulating) certain illegal drugs.

Soldato
I would have thought that 100% pure means 'as pure as can be' rather than actual chemical composition, but then, you know, lolnewspapers.

Sure, depending on the context as it is written it could mean that. With newspapers it doesn't matter what end of the scale it is, it's still bad. Pure MDMA is far better than adulterated, just because it is pure doesn't mean its "super strong and more likely to kill you". 500mg of 84% pure HCL MDMA is 420mg of actual product and this will not kill you, not by a long shot. Water toxicity or de-regulation of body temperature (ie: a by product of the drug) is what does it. I feel like I may be preaching to the choir here though...

Soldato
the alcohol example proves quite clearly people will abuse drugs to excess its just that most are much much easier to od on than alcohol.

This,

People can't even stop themselves going to McDonalds even though they are overweight and at risk of heart disease.

You really think people can moderate intake of drugs?! LOL noooooooooo chance.

Back
Top Bottom