Khat to be banned

Man of Honour
OP
This may come as a shock to you Gilly but things can be antisocial even if they are done in the company of others. Funny that isn't it. ;)

Whilst this is a truism, if they are coming together in order to partake and spend time together it means that, in that scenario, it's very much not antisocial.

It seems that what you mean by antisocial is that you just don't like it. Amirite?

Soldato
Whilst this is a truism, if they are coming together in order to partake and spend time together it means that, in that scenario, it's very much not antisocial.

It seems that what you mean by antisocial is that you just don't like it. Amirite?

I disapprove of it and that causes mild annoyance. Moreover, I find it contrary to customs of this country in regards to acceptability.

BTW Gilly antisocial is not the direct opposite of social. You may want to check the definitions. ;)

'amirite' - no you are not. Bored and looking to be pedantic maybe but not correct.

Soldato
I disapprove of it and that causes mild annoyance. Moreover, I find it contrary to customs of this country in regards to acceptability.

BTW Gilly antisocial is not the direct opposite of social. You may want to check the definitions. ;)

'amirite' - no you are not. Bored and looking to be pedantic maybe but not correct.

Bro, you cray.

Anti is the direct opposite of something.

Soldato
Let's be honest, "antisocial" is a highly subjective term which is used to colloquially to mean "things I don't like people doing".

When anyone claims something is 'antisocial' they are not making a statement of fact, but one of opinion.

Soldato
In season 2 of Lillyhammer on Netflix there was a woman who ran an asylum seekers complex in Norway and she ended up getting hooked on the stuff.

I can't remember the exactly what happened now, but there was indication that she had a problem with it. Using it to stay up too long, screwing with her sleep pattern, just getting into a cycle of using it daily and become dependent I guess.

Interestingly this article is from 10 years ago and says much of the same stuff as the recent articles about it's use and import to the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...etwork-stewart-hennessey-reports-1419584.html

It seems that this was the same time that the US upgraded it from from Schedule IV to Schedule 1 (the same as heroin and crack). It's been illegal in in Italy, Morocco, Switzerland, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Saudi Arabia for at least 10 years going by the date of the article.

Back
Top Bottom