Kick ass system in the making. I am so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Although it pains me to say it, the cooler you had at first was right, even though it was for LGA2011 because you can request the LGA1155 bracket from Noctua for free. The Noctua NH-D14 2011 is better than than the original NH-D14 for 1155 etc because the 2011 model has its most recent fans which have been refreshed with PWM type. However, you've also been recommended the K2 which is on a par performance wise and is cheaper. You could also look at the Thermalright Silver Arrow which is slightly better than the K2 and NH-D14's as it is slightly quieter according to the review at Vortez.

Glad you seen the light to dirty your hands with Intel as I was wondering how you were going to fit an AMD into that z68 motherboard. :D

Silver arrow may be good but not as good as d14. See this test:
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/thermalright_silver_arrow_vs_noctua_nh-d14/2

Associate
Give up with this kid.

If you came to us knowing you knew nothing instead of thinking you know something about computers, then we would be happy to help, but you seem to think you know it all and won't take advice.

Last edited:
Soldato
This seems like the kind of 12 year old you find on the internet who says his dad is bill gates or something, so he knows everything.

I would recommend buying a gameboy, Its something even you would understand.

Associate
OP
Have you read this review as there is very little between the d14 & k2. The k2 is quite a bit cheaper too.

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/alpenfoehn_k2_cpu_cooler_revisited,10.html

K2 seems very able and up there with top coolers. And as i know there are people on this forum with far more superior knowledge than my self, I gladly do take on their expert advice. But only when it is a right advice.

Seeing that k2 has beaten d14 in about 90% of tests I has earned my number 1 choice for cooler for my i2500k. + it is 20 quid cheaper = about 10 pints for me and my mates... Nice one woc...

I do not climb to know it all, in fact on the opposite. I come here to learn even more. And very much appreciate patient and kind people such as thenewoc who share their expertise with me.

Soldato
so stop saying that you're so good!! do not be the next zzzac!!

seriously?! 1440x900 res for a £1000 pc?! are you nuts? you have to get a better monitor or it is pointless spending £1000 on a pc!

edit - also I'd say a kick ass system has better everything including full watercooling and multi high end gpu's with a 3930k or higher, this is lower high end...

Associate
OP
What I am making clear ladies and gents is that my system is kick ass within that price range (taking on anything you throw at it at decent resolutions earns my 'kick ass' stamp of approval.).

Anyway now I am having really hard time choosing between more ethical company k2 or noctula d14... Just like before between memory of crucial and kingston. Upon doing my research i have chosen kingston which at least on their site officialy claims to be doing many green steps as opposed to crucial that has nothing on eco manufacturing.

If anyone know something on this matter of which k2 or d14 is more eco please bring your knowledge forward as it will be very appreciated and contribute significantly to making my system truly KICK ASS.

Permabanned
19 inch 1440x900 or so...
Oh dear, why did I know that before you even said it :o

Pocket calculators max out crysis at 1440x900,
I may have binned screens with only marginally less screen space...

How about starting with a 24", they really are affordable now, in fact I think my first one dated back to an old AMD720, so you really are cutting your nose off not to fix this first.

Soldato
Although there are a lot of people who will say otherwise, I will always stick by ttl's judgement and say that the nh-d14 is best unless you either watercool or get a h100 with noctua fans

I do not in any way agree with your kick ass stamp of approval though (just to clear that up :p)

Soldato
So basically your looking at pgi947's recommendation further up ^, add in your full tower case, go with pgi947's recommendation of the UD3 as an ATX motherboard will suit that case better and give you a bit more room for future expansion. Look at something like the ocz 850w gold psu as it will have a little more headroom in case you want a second graphic card later along with some other expansions. Look at the hdd review I posted above and opt for either the hitachi or seagate 7200 rpm drives and pop all that into a new basket using the browser tool as I cant do that on my phone browser.

This psu...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-052-OC&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=

If its getting a bit pricey you could rethink the case to something like...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-046-AK&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1511

Or...

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-175-CM&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=2231

Associate
OP
i HAVE already bough haf x & hx750 for now... In future I may get hx1000 but for now it will do... and 128 m4 is fine for me. Believe it or now I have used for past 3 years 100gb drive just fine. As to the motherboard asus p8z68 v is at moment best one at the 150 mark imho. And if someone is going to suggest a better one please outline the benefits that outdo this board clearly. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom