***kickstarter***

Man of Honour
For those who don't know http://www.kickstarter.com/

Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects. Everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of others.

Since our launch on April 28, 2009, over $350 million has been pledged by more than 2.5 million people, funding more than 30,000 creative projects. If you like stats, there's lots more here.

I know people have backed projects and thought it woud be interesting to see what people have backed, or are interested in.
The website is dire to search as it is with this new crazy design thinking.

Also they are due to allow uk projects on the website in teh autumn, so that should expand projects a lot very soon and be cheaper postage for us.

Anyway I've been very impressed with two projects. First I am going to back on payday.

Lifx
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limemouse/lifx-the-light-bulb-reinvented?ref=category
LIFX is the smartest light bulb you've ever experienced. It's a wifi-enabled, energy efficient, multi-colored bulb that you control with your iPhone or Android. LIFX gives you unprecedented control of your lights, reduces your energy costs, lasts up to 25 years and delivers an amazing range of experiences we think you’ll love.

It is expensive but can see three good benefits, can use it to come on slowly to help wake you up, can use the colour and dim it for watching films, light switch no where near your bed, no problem.

the second gadget is
keylet
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-key-and-wallet-all-in-one-system?ref=search

A sleek, minimal key and wallet system that is designed for the modern lifestyle. Custom Engraving available.
However due to cost and shipping cost. I'm going to see if I can find an online laser cutter place that can cut the parts, I can't imagine it'll cost to much. I also want to make a slight modification.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I spotted this in another thread when you talked about the light bulbs. What's the point in backing the first project? All of its sold out, they don't need any more money so you'de just be chucking money at them for no gain???

Man of Honour
OP
I spotted this in another thread when you talked about the light bulbs. What's the point in backing the first project? All of its sold out, they don't need any more money so you'de just be chucking money at them for no gain???

Why would you back something that's already received over $1,000,000 ?

Rubbish, when I first looked at it they weren't sold out.
It's still worth backing stuff when they have reached the target if they haven't sold out as you can get the actual product, months before general release and often cheaper.

Last edited:

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Interesting, but as far as I can see neither of them are still open for funding?

Sorry, looking again you can still make pledges for the first but the item is sold out, but I think the second one has ended.
I backed the MakeyMakey project a while back and received it last week.
It's quite fun, although slightly more limited than I thought.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Idiotic website, I've never liked it.

Those LIFX things are a pain as well. It's a light bulb. A naffing light bulb. I don't want to switch it on and off with my phone. It's like trying to reinvent the wheel.

Soldato
Idiotic website, I've never liked it.

Those LIFX things are a pain as well. It's a light bulb. A naffing light bulb. I don't want to switch it on and off with my phone. It's like trying to reinvent the wheel.

I agree about the lightbulb :p. It seems like more effort the grab your phone and open the app than it is to just flip a switch to me.

Back
Top Bottom