Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Underboss
Can confirm nightingale quest is fixed for me, no more warbling.

If I hear "will you come back tomorrow?" one more sodding time I'm going to drown that bitch or spend all my money/time in the pub or bathhouse.

Associate
It's wierd that people are having performance issues; at least from my perspective.

I'm on a 2500k (oc'd to 4.5), and an R9390x, and I'm enjoying the game on Ultra settings at 4k. Granted, it is occaisionally (slightly) choppy, but I can deal with that. Perhaps I have lower standards than everyone else?!?

Edit:

I notice a lot of folk have 1080's, and perhaps the issue is that when you spend that kind of money you expect a level of performance?

Soldato
update* (i have a gtx1080)

didnt have much time to play but i did run around rattay at all hours of the day/night

freezing = gone :D had no freezes at all and i would always get micro pauses in rattay pre patch.

i think there is a bigger overall fps hit? my fps is lower in rattay (30 fps at time in rattay usually 40-50 pre patch and 60 countryside 1440p) but it is way smoother. Its still not perfect because i still get small hitches at times but it is tons better than it was before.

I noticed the bell and henry shouting on horse and also the ambient crowd and background noise in the town im sure that wasnt there before.

I thought dawns and sunsets were nicer (though i did have volumetricfog 1)

I thought dead of night was brighter ie not totally dark cant see **** dark.

Also noticed when i was going to increase lighting to ultra i got a warning that its meant for future graphics cards did that come up before.

Anyway quite pleased with it will give it a lot more time tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
It's wierd that people are having performance issues; at least from my perspective.

I'm on a 2500k (oc'd to 4.5), and an R9390x, and I'm enjoying the game on Ultra settings at 4k. Granted, it is occaisionally (slightly) choppy, but I can deal with that. Perhaps I have lower standards than everyone else?!?

Edit:

I notice a lot of folk have 1080's, and perhaps the issue is that when you spend that kind of money you expect a level of performance?

4k? All ultra settings? On your gpu? your standards for frame rates must be very low indeed bud. You're probably getting about 20fps tops in many places.

Soldato

Edit:

What sort of FPS are you holding? I am playing 4k on just High with an overclocked 1080Ti and 8700k on my 4k TV and usually hold around the 50-55 FPS mark or so everywhere. Crank it up to very high and it drops into the high 30's - low 40's and Ultra kills FPS hard!

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the infiltration of the monastery mission is bugged for me. Can't confront the one I know I'm after, can't give wine to the people who asked for it, can't make anything happen. Only murder works!

Associate
I'm pretty sure the infiltration of the monastery mission is bugged for me. Can't confront the one I know I'm after, can't give wine to the people who asked for it, can't make anything happen. Only murder works!

The quest was far too tedious, so I opted for the path of least resistance:

After Antoninus gave me the tour, I informed him that I intended to kill Pious. I convinced him not to tell anyone and proceeded to sleep until just before morning prayer. I snuck down to the room near the library where the Prior sleeps, knocked him unconscious and took the monastery key. I attended morning prayer as usual, went to eat in the hall afterwards, only to be poisoned by Antoninus. I decided against helping him and promptly killed him in a fist fight, took the dice from his body as proof, and used the key I stole earlier to leave the monastery without rousing suspicion.

Easy peasy. :)

Soldato
The quest was far too tedious, so I opted for the path of least resistance:

After Antoninus gave me the tour, I informed him that I intended to kill Pious. I convinced him not to tell anyone and proceeded to sleep until just before morning prayer. I snuck down to the room near the library where the Prior sleeps, knocked him unconscious and took the monastery key. I attended morning prayer as usual, went to eat in the hall afterwards, only to be poisoned by Antoninus. I decided against helping him and promptly killed him in a fist fight, took the dice from his body as proof, and used the key I stole earlier to leave the monastery without rousing suspicion.

Easy peasy. :)

It was a long slog! That bloody schedule...

I like that he tried to poison you. I just found out who it was by reading the admittance ledger book and made sure he never woke up having given up on trying to find a way to get him out alive. The AI was super bad in the monastery. The number of times I knocked people out only for them to get up and carry on with their tasks! And also the instant arrival of the guards after offing anyone even though there was no one who had seen it and they would have had to run through the entire monastery to get there. But no, just arrive instantly.

That bit of the game was like a really bad Hitman mission, without the detail in the parts that mattered, which is a shame given the amount of detail everywhere else.

Associate
Arrghh I made a massive mistake .. deleted all my save games as I had used up all the slots but before I resaved I got jumped by bandits and died .. can’t reload a save so had to start from the beginning.. what a numpty .. don’t think I have the energy to go through all that crap again

Soldato

Edit:

4k on a 390? 20fps?? :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
It
has the patch improved performance?

tbh apart from fixing my freeze problems in towns i think the fps has been far worse in general. Which is odd because some folk on official forums think 1.3 patch included a graphics downgrade :confused: Outside of towns fps is fine but its still all over the place in towns. Patch 1.4 is the optimization patch.

Soldato
I'll load up my game, max settings at 1440p and see what FPS i get.

Everything on highest, Motion Blur off at night time just above Rattay I get on average 42FPS.

Last edited:
Associate
It
tbh apart from fixing my freeze problems in towns i think the fps has been far worse in general. Which is odd because some folk on official forums think 1.3 patch included a graphics downgrade :confused: Outside of towns fps is fine but its still all over the place in towns. Patch 1.4 is the optimization patch.

The sliders were broken after the patch. The second hotfix got them working again. I think this may have been the root cause of the complaint.

Soldato
I didn't play it for about a week, but fired it up just now. Side Quest 'House of God'. Objective tells me to go somewhere. I go there. Objective failed.

I'm out.

Not a bad game in places, but even when it works, I just didn't find it very interesting tbh.

Back
Top Bottom