Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Permabanned
I wanted to pursue the story but it take 10 seconds just load up the dialog before you start talking to someone. When I got to the part where there was a crowd of villages to question, I was just like forget it. I mounted my horse and rode away.

I find there's something oddly satifying just galloping around on your horse across the landscape, hearing the horseshoes clank against wooden surfaces or thud against the different terrains etc. Something they did exceptionally well.

Soldato
I wanted to pursue the story but it take 10 seconds just load up the dialog before you start talking to someone

Have you got the game installed on an SSD? My dialogues load up almost near instant.

edit: im now not sure about volumetric fog on it makes things more faded and dull in a way. Im now getting 45 fps consistently outdoors 2880x1660 i think with no aa (dont notice?) and most things on very high except shadows med. I adjusted a setting on my w1070 and picture looks better (i think had the noise concealer level on too high before)

Soldato
Have you got the game installed on an SSD? My dialogues load up almost near instant.
(I'm not the one you're asking, but) when I first started the game, the conversations loaded straight away. But 80hrs in, and the conversations take a long time to load in, we're talking 10-20 seconds of that small portcullis logo in the bottom right hand corner with the circling red loading strip. This is on SSD.

Soldato
(I'm not the one you're asking, but) when I first started the game, the conversations loaded straight away. But 80hrs in, and the conversations take a long time to load in, we're talking 10-20 seconds of that small portcullis logo in the bottom right hand corner with the circling red loading strip. This is on SSD.
Yes I have to agree, recent patches seem to have created a delay before conversations and others. System and games on ssd.
Andi.

Soldato
Yes I have to agree, recent patches seem to have created a delay before conversations and others. System and games on ssd.
Andi.

I think it was happening before the patch also. Seems to happen now and then bizarrely rather then consistently. Few conversations seem to take an a while to load (with no consistency) while other's are a second or so like normal.

Associate
Does anyone else have an issue with Gsync not working?

After 1.3 I turned vsync off in game but now get terrible screen tearing. I basically have to play with vsync on and am capped at 60fps.

Soldato

After 1.3 I turned vsync off in game but now get terrible screen tearing. I basically have to play with vsync on and am capped at 60fps.

To be honest, I just set Vsync on in global settings within Nvidia control panel. Without that for some sort of vsync i notice tearing, even if below the refresh rate of my panel on various games where gsync should be doing its magic. Solves all tearing issues for me.

Soldato
Ok, so found a nice little stash and thought I share it with you guys, incase anyone not found it and want the stuff inside. :p But, I'm putting it all in spoiler incase you want to find it on your own. Considering where it is though, wont surprise me you all already picked it up ! :p

Here is the location as to where the stuff is. Basically if you are at the horse stables go out from there and take a right towards the edge of the map, is a camp to the left where it is. Now, as you can see on the pictures it says Steal, but they must have forgotten to mark it because when I took it all it was without the Red Hand showing it been stolen. So might be updated in a patch one day.

qg3Fg84.jpg

Shiled outside resting against the unlocked chest.
J9syPKq.jpg

Weapons
woSXI2X.jpg

Armour
2TzyFIF.jpg

Just the armour from the chest equiped, well, part from your "girlfriends" ring that is. :p
4mFKTxB.jpg

Only showing the stats on one of the weapons, the Longsword. But the others just as good, but with lesser stats although not that much.
JW4e6Hy.jpg

Yeah I am quoting myself. :p But the reason I am doing this is I just found out the items I found in this chest has all been removed !! :eek: :p They got around and patched it so all goodies gone, if anyone that did find it not played the game since the new patch come out. Now I need to find myself some armour, since I was using this. :eek: :( Luckily have some coins so might be able to buy something decent.

Unless someone knows someone that has good armour I can break in and "loan" from them, or even better, a good treasure somewhere that has some so it wont be labelled stolen. :p

Soldato
I really like this game, but it seems that the developers are doing all they can to shoot themselves in the foot with an arrow. The above post from TheSwede seems a silly thing to have to go through. All items looted from a chest pre-patch removed, now needing new armour. It's ridiculous. Reading some of the recent posts in this thread seems like this is just a paid beta now. I paid the full price but I'm beginning to regret that because I'm not even playing the game right now. I'm concerned that even after a few months, it's going to be a buggy mess.

I'd like to add that I've not yet encountered any game-breaking bugs, but I get such a limited amount of playtime at night that I'm worried about trying to progress further because if something does break and I lose hours, that'll be absolutely it for me. I already lost almost an hour due to not saving through a quest line. I don't want to go through something worse than that.

Soldato

Gsync working perfectly well here.

I know what your problem is - the game randomly chooses to start in borderless mode for me about 50% of the time. In the NVCP I have Gsync set to run for "full screen mode only" (which is the default option) so if a game runs in borderless mode then Gsync doesn't activate. So, either

1. In the game graphics option make sure fullscreen is selected
2. Or, press alt-Return to flick between borderless and fullscreen.

Because of the many games that have this issue I've resorted to making sure the on screen Gsync indicator is always set to show on the top left of my screen via the NVCP to make sure I know that a) a game is running fullscreen and then b) that gsync is obviously running because of a).

On my 3440x1440 superwide the Gsync indicator is really in my peripheral vision so it doesn't really bother me at all and rarely interferes with on screen menus or owt. I wish they would make it about 50% smaller though...

Soldato
Regards the armour found In that chest Swede mentioned.

Come to think of it I looted that chest but the armor seems to have disappeared from my inventory (not in horse either)???!!!

I just only notice now because I try to wear light armor to try activate the perk for it (haven't managed to activate it yet...it and come up on screen?)

Soldato
I finished the prologue over the weekend, and I LOVE it, has me more hooked than The Witcher 3 managed :D

The cycnic in me feels like this is the most polished part of the game simply because it runs to about three hours and is past the refund point allocated to Steam refunds. I've enjoyed the game, but I am very disappointed about the issues around it and, also, how it runs. Texture pop-in for me is awful no matter whether I'm in a city or out in wide spaces (I've got a Radeon 390 and the game is installed to an SSD), people randomly come flying back down to the ground after accessing an in-game menu or the inventory, I've struggled going up and down some ladders that I've encountered. Some things I've found break immersion, like someone can have some really negative stuff to say to you in passing (a merchant for example) yet when you then go and speak with them, they're like "Jesus Christ be praised, it's Henry, how are you doing my good friend" etc. It's a bit weird. Some merchants will happily buy only certain stolen goods from me. I had one in the first part of the prologue that had no issues trading with me for loads of stolen stuff from the keep, but there was one item that if it was included, he was like "are you trying to get me into trouble, away with you, I don't want stolen stuff" and I'm like "erm, you've just bought a ton of stolen goods a moment ago that I pilfered from the keep and now you won't take this stupid bonnet worth barely nothing?" Sure, whatever.

Soldato
@wunkley why not just set Gsync to be on for fullscreen and windowed?

Also, X34a shows red LED when Gsync is active.

Whole point for me is, I want to know 100% that a game is running in fullscreen mode. Having the Gsync on screen indicator set to show, and only having Gsync set to run for full screen mode gives me this, nice and easy.
It all harps back to my SLI days as fullscreen mode is totally necessary to get the best out of SLI. However, even on a single card performance is often significantly better when running in true fullscreen mode vs borderless/ windowed. This game (Kingdom come) is a prime example of this - test it out for yourself.

Also, I have found the X34 Gsync light indicator strip to be very unreliable - have tested it out and it's sometimes on when I know for a fact that gsync isn't! And, I like my x34 lights to be white or blue :p

Caporegime
The cycnic in me feels like this is the most polished part of the game simply because it runs to about three hours and is past the refund point allocated to Steam refunds. I've enjoyed the game, but I am very disappointed about the issues around it and, also, how it runs. Texture pop-in for me is awful no matter whether I'm in a city or out in wide spaces (I've got a Radeon 390 and the game is installed to an SSD), people randomly come flying back down to the ground after accessing an in-game menu or the inventory, I've struggled going up and down some ladders that I've encountered. Some things I've found break immersion, like someone can have some really negative stuff to say to you in passing (a merchant for example) yet when you then go and speak with them, they're like "Jesus Christ be praised, it's Henry, how are you doing my good friend" etc. It's a bit weird. Some merchants will happily buy only certain stolen goods from me. I had one in the first part of the prologue that had no issues trading with me for loads of stolen stuff from the keep, but there was one item that if it was included, he was like "are you trying to get me into trouble, away with you, I don't want stolen stuff" and I'm like "erm, you've just bought a ton of stolen goods a moment ago that I pilfered from the keep and now you won't take this stupid bonnet worth barely nothing?" Sure, whatever.

I backed the kickstarter years ago, so the steam refund thing doesn't impact me, so even if it is buggy as I go along, that is 2014 krooton's problem :D

Associate
The problem of it suddenly taking ages for conversations to start, was prevalent before the patch, and was widely talked about online when I searched for a solution. I got it after about 12 hrs in. The solution is to go to a saved game immediately before the problem happened. This solved it for me and going forward I haven't thus far had the problem again

Soldato
Never had environ pop ups
Never had delays with conversations or loading.

My game must be leading a charmed life

Although I am playing hero Henry and not really testing the system so much on 1st play through.

Best game I've played this year.

Edit. Where can I buy another horse? Don't have option at Neoff stables to buy.

Back
Top Bottom