Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

So more information on the videos with the mods. I also linked mods below.

Kingdom Come Deliverance video I posted - There are two different mods but they are almost the same. Both mods contain 16-20 mods and come with all variable commands/cheat/key binds to change weather effects on the fly,read the read me for any questions and how to install/deleted stuff.

First Mod uses a modified Graphics menu and modified advanced Graphics advanced menu for any combination of CPU/GPU to achieve better FPS /Shadows and level of detail with a combined 19 AA modes

Second Mod uses a user.cfg with fully explained variables/commands on what they do and which can be adjusted for different GPU's to suit your needs with better FPS/Shadows and level of detail.

Google Drive- optimized_graphic_presets Enhanced Edition with 19 AA Modes + Change Weather on the Fly and more
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AwJcnV_-LWmlquImkdEcc5N-9gpi3M_k/view?usp=sharing

Google Drive-Weather FPS Mod
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qOikUx3gYIuCjZvd8tQbx1flg1sU3aC7/view?usp=sharing

50 On The FLy Reshades for any game
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiySRX2pnJQZMwa_IL4lbrAbLR7GWN9R/view?usp=sharing

Mods I did not include in the downloads are glowing arrows and Toxic Armor.I included a screenshot of what that looks like.

Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-Screenshot-2019-02-11-15-37-03-62.png
what do i use to make my system slow to a 10fps crawl but make it look like real life?

Yes performance does suck,in truth though I can run this game on a potato namely GTX 465(not even meeting min requirement).Well that is the worst card I have handy,anyway
Time to install a mod,I posted this a couple pages back.Tere are two different mods in video description plus 50 reshades in one.

4K 60 FPS

Rattay 60 FPS Rainy Night Time

Kingdom Come Deliverance 21 by 9 Aspect Ratio 3440 x 1440p 60FPS
What is the metrics monitor you are using its awesome? is it afterburner?

what do i use to make my system slow to a 10fps crawl but make it look like real life?
What is the metrics monitor you are using its awesome? is it afterburner?

Using Afterburner you are correct.

Well the lighting in this game can look like real life at times and in the mods you can change weather on the fly to get the look your looking for.I can not tell you what looks like real life .I can tell you commands to change to make your computer run a 1 FPS if you want and to change colours.

Put these in user.cfg and experiment
Code:
;r_AntialiasingMode=3                                 (Enables post process based anti-aliasing modes. SMAA TX2/0: NO AA1: SMAA 1X2: SMAA 1TX3: SMAA 2TX4: FXAA 1X ,Remove ; to use)
;r_AntialiasingTAAPattern=2                         (Selects TAA sampling pattern 0: no subsamples 1: 2x2: 3x 3: 4x 4: 8x 5: sparse grid 8x8 6: random7: Halton 8x 8: Halton random, Remove ; to use)
r_Supersampling = 2                                (FPS Killer Supersampling )
cl_fov  60                                                 (Field Of View)
wh_pl_showfirecursor=1                            (Bow Cursor)
e_DecalsLifeTimeScale = 100                       (Allows To Increase Or Reduce Decals Life Time Low 1/Med 2/High 2/Very High 2/Ultra 2)
es_DebrisLifetimeScale = 100                       (Debris Life Time Scale Low 0.6/Med 0.8/High 1/Very High 1/Ultra 1)
e_ViewDistRatio=350                                 (Visual Range Of Big Objects, Low 50/Med 75/High 100/Very High 110/Ultra 125)
e_ViewDistRatioVegetation=350                  (Visual Range Of Some Trees and Bushes, Low 50/Med 50/High 55/Very High 60/Ultra 24Ultra = 65)
e_LodFaceAreaTargetSize=0.0008               (Threshold Used For LOD Computation. , Low 0.003/Med 0.002/High 0.002/Very High 0.002/Ultra 0.002 smaller=better)
e_UberlodDistanceRatio=2.5                      (Multiplier For The Uberlod Switching Distances EG Hut In Distance, Low 1.5/Med 1.6/High 1.8/Very High 2.2/Ultra 2.5)
e_MergedMeshesViewDistRatio=350           (Merged meshes View Distance Ratio EG:Grass, Low 50/Med 60/High 70/Very High 70/Ultra 80)
e_vegetationUseTerrainColorDistance=350  (Range Color Of Grass,Matches Color of Terrain Controls Distance Of Fading Into Tterrain Color, Low 50/Med 60/High 70/Very High 70/Ultra 80)
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes=8192                     (Shadow Map Resolution , Low 512/Med 1024/High 1024/Very High 1024/Ultra 1024)
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ=300      (Enter Command in game press ~,Better Terrain Z Materials in Distance, Low 60/Med 70/High 80/Very High 100/Ultra 100)
e_ShadowsPoolSize=8192                         (Mostly Effects Rendering Shadows Set Shadow Pool Size,Low 4096/Med 4096/High 4096/Very High 4096/Ultra 4096)
r_ShadowCastingLightsMaxCount=64         (Max Simultaneously Visible Shadows Cast By Lights, Low 10/Med 12/High 16/Very High 20/Ultra 24)
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatiolights=64       (View Distance Ratio For Shadow Maps Casting For Light Sources, Low 0/Med 0.1/High 0.2/Very High 0.5/Ultra 0.6 )
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio = 20             (View Distance Ratio For Shadow Maps Casting For Light Objects 0.6/Med 0.8/High 1/Very High 1.3/Ultra 1.6 )
e_ViewDistMin=350                                    (Min Distance On What Far Objects Will Be Culled Out,Low 5/Med 5/High 5/Very High 10/Ultra 10 Do Not go over 400)
e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist=120.0           (Distance Of Grass Animation Turns Off ,Low 2/Med 4/High 8/Very High 12/Ultra 16)
e_MergedMeshesLodRatio=30.0                 (Distance Level Of Detail Merged Meshes,Low 1/Med 4/High 5/Very High 6/Ultra 8)
WH_AI_LOD_DistanceMin = 400                (WH_AI_CombatMove_DirectionSmoothTime Min_left2left Low 60/Med 60/High 60/Very High 80/Ultra 100)
WH_AI_LOD_DistanceMax = 400                 (WH_AI_CombatMove_DirectionSmoothTime Max Low 90/Med 90/High 90/Very High 110/Ultra 130))
wh_cc_LodForItemStreamOutBase = 100     (LOD number at which items on NPCs disappear Low 11/Med 11/High 15/Very High 20/Ultra 20/Disable -1)
wh_cc_LodForAttachmentStreamOut = 100  (LOD number at which attachments on NPCs disappear Low 2/Med 2/High 4/Very High 4/Ultra 6/Disable -1)
e_ParticlesLod = 10                                   (Multiplier Count Number of Particles In-game Low 1/Med 1/High 1/Very High 1/Ultra 1)
r_ssdoAmountAmbient = 1.42                    (Strength of occlusion applied to probe irradiance)
r_ssdoAmountDirect = 2                            (Strength of occlusion applied to light sources)
e_svoTI_SSAOAmount = 3                         (Allows to scale down SSAO (SSDO) amount and radius when GI is active(Higher The Number The Darker And More Detail In Ground Textures/Wood/ETC)
e_svoTI_SpecularAmplifier = 1                   (Adjusts the output brightness of specular component.If using full GI set to 0 or will cause white hair/eyes.)
e_svoTI_DiffuseAmplifier=1                        ( Adjusts the output brightness of cone traced indirect diffuse component(0 is Dark ,Higher Number Lightens screen If Areas Are Too Dark When Full GI mode very experimental)
e_svoTI_DiffuseBias= -0.01                       (Constant ambient value added to GI, Helps preventing completely black areas -If negative - modulate ambient with near range AO (prevents constant ambient in completely occluded indoor areas)

Hell of a game for a tenner.
I agree,Bought thru steam 7-8 months ago
For Kingdom come I paid $10.22USD /$389.99ARS/$13.09CAD/8.74Pound
I bought the game thru Steam Argentina.I have various steam accounts for different Countries.
untitled-jpg.128820

Last edited:
Using Afterburner you are correct.

Well the lighting in this game can look like real life at times and in the mods you can change weather on the fly to get the look your looking for.I can not tell you what looks like real life .I can tell you commands to change to make your computer run a 1 FPS if you want and to change colours.

Put these in user.cfg and experiment
Code:
;r_AntialiasingMode=3                                 (Enables post process based anti-aliasing modes. SMAA TX2/0: NO AA1: SMAA 1X2: SMAA 1TX3: SMAA 2TX4: FXAA 1X ,Remove ; to use)
;r_AntialiasingTAAPattern=2                         (Selects TAA sampling pattern 0: no subsamples 1: 2x2: 3x 3: 4x 4: 8x 5: sparse grid 8x8 6: random7: Halton 8x 8: Halton random, Remove ; to use)
r_Supersampling = 2                                (FPS Killer Supersampling )
cl_fov  60                                                 (Field Of View)
wh_pl_showfirecursor=1                            (Bow Cursor)
e_DecalsLifeTimeScale = 100                       (Allows To Increase Or Reduce Decals Life Time Low 1/Med 2/High 2/Very High 2/Ultra 2)
es_DebrisLifetimeScale = 100                       (Debris Life Time Scale Low 0.6/Med 0.8/High 1/Very High 1/Ultra 1)
e_ViewDistRatio=350                                 (Visual Range Of Big Objects, Low 50/Med 75/High 100/Very High 110/Ultra 125)
e_ViewDistRatioVegetation=350                  (Visual Range Of Some Trees and Bushes, Low 50/Med 50/High 55/Very High 60/Ultra 24Ultra = 65)
e_LodFaceAreaTargetSize=0.0008               (Threshold Used For LOD Computation. , Low 0.003/Med 0.002/High 0.002/Very High 0.002/Ultra 0.002 smaller=better)
e_UberlodDistanceRatio=2.5                      (Multiplier For The Uberlod Switching Distances EG Hut In Distance, Low 1.5/Med 1.6/High 1.8/Very High 2.2/Ultra 2.5)
e_MergedMeshesViewDistRatio=350           (Merged meshes View Distance Ratio EG:Grass, Low 50/Med 60/High 70/Very High 70/Ultra 80)
e_vegetationUseTerrainColorDistance=350  (Range Color Of Grass,Matches Color of Terrain Controls Distance Of Fading Into Tterrain Color, Low 50/Med 60/High 70/Very High 70/Ultra 80)
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes=8192                     (Shadow Map Resolution , Low 512/Med 1024/High 1024/Very High 1024/Ultra 1024)
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ=300      (Enter Command in game press ~,Better Terrain Z Materials in Distance, Low 60/Med 70/High 80/Very High 100/Ultra 100)
e_ShadowsPoolSize=8192                         (Mostly Effects Rendering Shadows Set Shadow Pool Size,Low 4096/Med 4096/High 4096/Very High 4096/Ultra 4096)
r_ShadowCastingLightsMaxCount=64         (Max Simultaneously Visible Shadows Cast By Lights, Low 10/Med 12/High 16/Very High 20/Ultra 24)
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatiolights=64       (View Distance Ratio For Shadow Maps Casting For Light Sources, Low 0/Med 0.1/High 0.2/Very High 0.5/Ultra 0.6 )
e_ShadowsCastViewDistRatio = 20             (View Distance Ratio For Shadow Maps Casting For Light Objects 0.6/Med 0.8/High 1/Very High 1.3/Ultra 1.6 )
e_ViewDistMin=350                                    (Min Distance On What Far Objects Will Be Culled Out,Low 5/Med 5/High 5/Very High 10/Ultra 10 Do Not go over 400)
e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist=120.0           (Distance Of Grass Animation Turns Off ,Low 2/Med 4/High 8/Very High 12/Ultra 16)
e_MergedMeshesLodRatio=30.0                 (Distance Level Of Detail Merged Meshes,Low 1/Med 4/High 5/Very High 6/Ultra 8)
WH_AI_LOD_DistanceMin = 400                (WH_AI_CombatMove_DirectionSmoothTime Min_left2left Low 60/Med 60/High 60/Very High 80/Ultra 100)
WH_AI_LOD_DistanceMax = 400                 (WH_AI_CombatMove_DirectionSmoothTime Max Low 90/Med 90/High 90/Very High 110/Ultra 130))
wh_cc_LodForItemStreamOutBase = 100     (LOD number at which items on NPCs disappear Low 11/Med 11/High 15/Very High 20/Ultra 20/Disable -1)
wh_cc_LodForAttachmentStreamOut = 100  (LOD number at which attachments on NPCs disappear Low 2/Med 2/High 4/Very High 4/Ultra 6/Disable -1)
e_ParticlesLod = 10                                   (Multiplier Count Number of Particles In-game Low 1/Med 1/High 1/Very High 1/Ultra 1)
r_ssdoAmountAmbient = 1.42                    (Strength of occlusion applied to probe irradiance)
r_ssdoAmountDirect = 2                            (Strength of occlusion applied to light sources)
e_svoTI_SSAOAmount = 3                         (Allows to scale down SSAO (SSDO) amount and radius when GI is active(Higher The Number The Darker And More Detail In Ground Textures/Wood/ETC)
e_svoTI_SpecularAmplifier = 1                   (Adjusts the output brightness of specular component.If using full GI set to 0 or will cause white hair/eyes.)
e_svoTI_DiffuseAmplifier=1                        ( Adjusts the output brightness of cone traced indirect diffuse component(0 is Dark ,Higher Number Lightens screen If Areas Are Too Dark When Full GI mode very experimental)
e_svoTI_DiffuseBias= -0.01                       (Constant ambient value added to GI, Helps preventing completely black areas -If negative - modulate ambient with near range AO (prevents constant ambient in completely occluded indoor areas)

I agree,Bought thru steam 7-8 months ago
For Kingdom come I paid $10.22USD /$389.99ARS/$13.09CAD/8.74Pound
I bought the game thru Steam Argentina.I have various steam accounts for different Countries.
untitled-jpg.128820
That's a lot of Ars
Thank you for the config file

LOL Sure no problem .

Wanna crush your system more ,Extra Shadows turn on - (Turns shadows on for objects can cause flickering on some of those objects lights ,flickering can be remove with adjusting radius on some objects like candle lights)

Turn on nCastShadows="0" to nCastShadows="1"
KingdomComeDeliverance\Data\GameData.pak\Libs\EntityArchetypes\Lights.xml

sys_spec_light=7 (Needs to be on ultra,will cause flicker shadow on some objects like candles if radius is too large)
r_ForceAllLightsShadows = 3 (Toggles shadows for all lights of these types bitmask (1-area, 2-spot/proj, 3-both).Usage: r_ForceAllLightsShadows [0/1/2/3])
r_DeferredShadingAreaLights = 1 (Enables/Disables more complex area lights processing.Usage: r_DeferredShadingAreaLights [-1/0/1]-1 prevents loading of area lights ,Default is 1 (enabled) causes flickering (default=0)

LOL Sure no problem .

Wanna crush your system more ,Extra Shadows turn on - (Turns shadows on for objects can cause flickering on some of those objects lights ,flickering can be remove with adjusting radius on some objects like candle lights)

Turn on nCastShadows="0" to nCastShadows="1"
KingdomComeDeliverance\Data\GameData.pak\Libs\EntityArchetypes\Lights.xml

sys_spec_light=7 (Needs to be on ultra,will cause flicker shadow on some objects like candles if radius is too large)
r_ForceAllLightsShadows = 3 (Toggles shadows for all lights of these types bitmask (1-area, 2-spot/proj, 3-both).Usage: r_ForceAllLightsShadows [0/1/2/3])
r_DeferredShadingAreaLights = 1 (Enables/Disables more complex area lights processing.Usage: r_DeferredShadingAreaLights [-1/0/1]-1 prevents loading of area lights ,Default is 1 (enabled) causes flickering (default=0)
Thanks again so much.
They should update this game with the crytek global illumination ray tracing tech thing they showed recently

Really disappointed with the performance of this game, was looking forward to how the game handles combat and was excited to try a rogue type. Games like Skyrim play the same no matter your class, but heard this was different. So annoyed right now, developers need to keep away from the Cryengine because nobody knows how to use it.
Regarding performance, someone asked about it over at codex, here is the reply by one of the Warhorse designers:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-of-********-dlc.120418/page-236#post-6076063

Particularly

If we only allowed 4 non-colliding clothing slots (torso, legs, feet, hands), just like Witcher 3 does, if we spawned non-lootable graphically simplified generic NPCs around you as you move through the sapece, just like Witcher 3 or GTA does, and if we halfassed the crime system, just like Witcher 3 does, if we dissolved dead bodies within seconds and replaced them with a 10-polygon pile of goo for looting interaction, just like Witcher 3 does, KCD would be much much faster. You can bet you ass on it.

And sure, partly it's caused by CryEngine (or the version we're using). For example, I heard from our programmers that the animation system, although quite powerful, is incredibly heavy-handed when considering what an open-world game with hundreds of NPCs actually needs. And we couldn't completely rewrite that either. Or other headaches are caused by CryEngine's inability to dynamically stream entities. All instances are present in the memory at all times. We wanted to have this system dynamic but we didn't have enough people or a way to pay them when the time was right. So yeah, money as well. There you have it.

So in conclusion...
Could it run better? I guess so. Should it run better? Definitely.
Should you as a customer care abut any of this? No. And that's what I said already. The game runs poorly for you and you think you're gaining nothing for it. That's a completely valid stance and I understand it.

Last edited:
I just resumed my game.... All combat animations have messed up. All enemies are t-posing during combat whenever I attack them, and nobody ever attacks me.

Also, suddenly my controller layout has changed and I can't jump or sheath weapons!

Last edited:
Regarding performance, someone asked about it over at codex, here is the reply by one of the Warhorse designers:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-of-********-dlc.120418/page-236#post-6076063

Particularly

Aye, I won't hold it against them for a first game and the engine's complexity ontop of that, but the performance is a deal breaker, it would be to anyone if they had dips into the 20s in the tutorial village.

I can't imagine what more demanding areas are like.

it would be to anyone if they had dips into the 20s in the tutorial village.
This is really strange though - in the Skalitz (intro village) I had 40-60fps on 2500K/GTX1070/8GB in 1080p/high preset.
With Ryzen 2700X/RTX2080Ti/16GB I get 60fps stable in 1440p/very high preset. The CPU is the biggest bottleneck in this game, but you should not be dropping to 20s with i5 3570k.

Thanks for the link,I have never seen or heard of this site before. Hell I guess I do not get around much after 20 years on the internet.

RPG Codex is a classic oldschool site, lot of RPG devs used to post there, some still do (e.g. Chris Avellone/Tim Cain from time to time). They have however extremely lax forum moderation, so insults, offensive stuff etc is all allowed there, only illegal stuff is disallowed. So it gets a bit of a bad rep for that.

Last edited:
Just have to say, did anyone else completely dispise the monastry mission... my god that was annoying and buggy

It's a pain. But I'm so pleased they did it. It takes balls to make a mission so incredibly detailed.

Bugs do make it...challenging. As do the inconsistencies in all just-unlocked doors magically being locked the moment the mission starts. And the Usain Bolt guards.

Back
Top Bottom