Kitchen Renovation

Soldato
Ours looks pretty decent, imo. Will get a pic after gym. :p

*edit

I agree that your true handless units do look very nice :D:D:D

Not a fan of F&P units, they felt quite cheap when I had a play around. But their cost isn't that high in comparison to some.

OP, have a look at some ex-demo Liebherr units if you can find them. Crane people who make epic refrigeration and they also manufacture Miele refrigeration units, with Miele just sticking their name on it.

Soldato
OP
I think my £15k budget is going to end up being a lot lot less. Maybe £6k now hahah :)

Cabinets and doors all ordered. (bugger.... just realised I forgot to order the plinths for the bottom of the cupboards - will order them seperately tonight)
1Capture.JPG

Soldato
OP
I'm having a full new roof fitted next week (just awaiting the roofer to check which day next week he can do) so neww boards and new felt down over the whole thing. £1200 and he gives a 12 year warranty with it too.

Soldato
I've just had my roof done, was given the option of repair or full rebuild, went for full rebuild as I don't plan on selling up and couldn't be happier. 8.5k Inc scaffolding and vat all in and it's already cured 3 rooms of damp and improved the warmth of 2 rooms too.

Took a huge chunk of my renovation budget but the peace of mind is fantastic. If you just went with a repair it will always be on your mind, same as it would have been on mine

Soldato
OP
I have gone for a full roof replacement.
All new boards and a rubber surface compound - flat roof.

All in it is £1430, they are doing it tomorrow.

An electrician is booked for Monday.
He quoted:
Code:
Kitchen:
Supply power to: Fridge, 2 x single ovens, dishwasher, washing machine, induction Hob,
extractor hood, 3 x double sockets at work top height.

Power to under unit lights. Fit customer supplied ceiling and under unit lights.

Customer to supply double socket face plates and induction hob face plate.

2 x visits 1st and 2nd fix.

Certification on job completion.

£650

Then a plasterer is booked for Wednesday to skim the ceiling, and replaster all walls - £350 all in.

So hopefully by Friday next week I should have a kitchen all prep'd so I can then level the floor and fit the new tiles, ready for the units which are being delivered on the 7th September.

Just need to decide on what colour to paint the walls once the plaster is dry.

Back
Top Bottom