Kitchen Renovation

Soldato
With the 32A supply, will that include a 16A to the induction hob too ?
many of the the hobs seem to limit simulataneous plate use to keep the Amps down, but perhaps some don't if you have luxury of a new wiring.

Are they replacing insulation on your roof too . I was surprised not to see fibre-glass in picture ? .. tea mugs neither

Soldato
OP
With the 32A supply, will that include a 16A to the induction hob too ?
many of the the hobs seem to limit simulataneous plate use to keep the Amps down, but perhaps some don't if you have luxury of a new wiring.

Are they replacing insulation on your roof too . I was surprised not to see fibre-glass in picture ? .. tea mugs neither

They have replaced the insulation, yes. The roof is coming on nicely - just added a 2nd pic to post # 38.

as for the 32a I don't know the exact details, of what they are doing/needed.

Soldato
OP
Kitchen roof all done.

roof4.JPG

Soldato
Soldato
Personally I wouldn't go for a flat window, they tend to get dirty very quickly and being up on the roof often aren't too easy to clean.

Ours were apparently self cleaning triple glazed ones.

Never felt the need to clean them once installed as a good heavy rain shower clears them up nicely.

Roof looks good!

Oh and we've had some evoline flip over sockets installed in our temporary worktops and highly recommend them as an alternative to pop up ones .

Soldato
Don't think that was a 40 year old kitchen, probably from the 90s. Mine is from the 80s and looks way older than that did.

New kitchen is super.

Soldato
OP
Wiring carnage :D

I hope to god that ceiling is getting re-plastered or replaced and re-skimmed!
Yes, the plasterer is coming today and starting at 11am. New ceiling being sorted!

The sparky did what he had to do for the plasterer to come in and do the plastering, once the plastering is done and the kitchen cupboards fitted, the rest of the electricial work will be done.

Doesn't make sense to fit our new socket faceplates for the plasterer to get new plaster on them etc.... and the dishwasher and washing machine sockets cannot be mounted until the cupboards are in place (if he wall mounted behind the cupboards etc then we would need isolation switches on the walls above counter tops, incase of any emergency needing to turn the appliances off - so cupboard mounts sockets are better)

Soldato
OP
I have had to change my appliance order yesterday. Had ordered an induction hob, but found out that is a problem with people who have pace makers. My wife is due a pace maker operation. We do not want a normal electric hob, so looking at a nice black glass hob now.

This one. https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/hvg620bl/cda-hvg620bl-4-burner-gas-on-glass-hob

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/Images/HVG620SS_3_Supersize.jpg?width=700&height=700&v=1

NO HOTLINKING!

But CDA - never heard of the brand - any good or avoid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
A colleague of mine has a CDA hob (not sure on which model) and he's had zero problems with it.

Black glass hobs look nice (I've got this one) but they can be a bit of a sod to clean. I use a stanley knife blade to scrape any burnt on stuff off the glass and then a normal kitchen cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom