La lune de miel est terminée!

Soldato
The Paris Agreement isn’t working out so well for Paris. Protests and riots all over France. People do not want to pay large sums of money, much to third world countries (that are questionably run), in order to maybe protect the environment. Chanting ‘We Want Trump!’ Love France,”Trump tweeted from the White House early on Saturday.

Ouch, Macron is a disaster for france, worse than Hollande

Permabanned
1) I quite admire the no-nonsense approach French Police take

2) I quite admire the no-nonsense approach the French people take to their politicians. Not in favour of something? Take to the streets, have a riot, form a blockade, go on strike, it is quite wonderful to see people stand up for themselves.

Caporegime

2) I quite admire the no-nonsense approach the French people take to their politicians. Not in favour of something? Take to the streets, have a riot, form a blockade, go on strike, it is quite wonderful to see people stand up for themselves.

And set fire to people's property, cause billions in damages to the economy?

The protesters are all ultimately just protecting their own little corners, be it farming, haulage, couriers, taxi companies and what not. There is no "big picture" its just 'we're French and this is how it is', no grand idea for the future just delusions of nostalgia.

Macron doesn't help himself much like all the European leaders, just lying self-serving ********.

If we go to war with Sino-Russia, it'll be the fault of those who couldn't grow a spine and talk plainly.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's quite entertaining how people are now saying that these tactics are unacceptable, yet they advocate exactly the same kind of violence to effect change when they disagree.

Maybe that horse-shoe theory has some merit after all. :)

Also: Maybe we aren't all left/right and just want to be treated decently and not be divided by the knobbers in power?

Soldato

If we don't get brexit, will you support the same here then?

Soldato
The problem is there are genuine protestors but mixed amongst them are anarchists who just want to smash stuff and fight the police for fun.

Out in rural SW France, the protests were very good natured at first with the GJs just flagging motorists down to sign petitions at roundabouts/junctions near retail parks. All very friendly and hardly a gendarme in sight.

Now they’re blockading major roads with burning tyres and fighting with the police at weekends which appears to be costing their cause a great deal of support. Not as much as daubing graffiti on Arc De Triomphe and scattering debris all over the tomb of the Unknown Soldier the other day did.

Soldato
I don't think it will, you will be surprised at level of disgust at the way the EU and our own government have treated us.

The EU's normal repeat referendum policy won't work here.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Brexiteers are absolutely convinced that the majority of voterd still want to leave the EU.
Brexiteers are terrified at the prospect of a 2nd referendum.
If Brexiteers are so convinced of victory why are they hiding in the cellar?

There should be a 2nd Referendum with just two questions on the bal;ot paper, as before - Leave or Remain.

Soldato
Brexiteers are absolutely convinced that the majority of voterd still want to leave the EU.
Brexiteers are terrified at the prospect of a 2nd referendum.
If Brexiteers are so convinced of victory why are they hiding in the cellar?

There should be a 2nd Referendum with just two questions on the bal;ot paper, as before - Leave or Remain.
Ok remain 2nd vote, 1-1 , what's next another vote best out of 3?
Face it we voted to leave, problem is we have a remainer at the wheel .

I think leave would win again as it happens, don't tell me polls say this, polls where wrong last time. Get a someone who believes in it and let's make a success out of it.

Unless you support the EU's referendum repeat until desired result.

Back
Top Bottom