Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Caporegime
OP
I was under the impression that Wavefront makes for a more accurate burn, resulting in a flatter eye surface and fewer visual artefacts. It can even improve on your pre-op best corrected visual accuity.

This, it was to my understanding Wavefront does the above but also helps with night vision/halos/glares etc.

So overall...it's better :p

Caporegime
OP
Phate - how you getting on now? Only good news to report I trust?

Hey,

Yeh mate pretty much...can't say I've had dry eyes once yet (despite using a computer lots) so maybe I just blink a lot out of habit?! :p Although back in work tomorrow, under flourescent lights staring at 2 monitors all day may change that.

I've mastered applying eye drops myself so I'm doing those 4 times a day as instructed, the biggest issue for me, and it's something pretty minor really in the grand scheme of things...I had a habit before of rubbing my eyes a lot, I never sleep well which leads me to rub my eyes in tiredness....the day after my op I caught myself about to do it and 'nudged' my eye and it hurt...a lot :p

Ever since I've just had to be careful about doing it really, not thinking about it too much now. Washing is a pain, eyes can't get wet and I'm pretty metro so have a rather ridiculous stylish haircut which gets in my face, causes issues but nothing major, I just make sure I dry my eyes as soon as I get out of the shower and its ok.

Overall though, I wish I had done it sooner! I haven't been out clubbing this weekend (I'm skint :p) so can't comment on what night lights/starbursts are like yet but for the most part I probably could have gone back to work the day after the op, glad I didn't though and had a good few days off resting.

The only thing I find annoying is wearing them silly goggles :o they don't fit my face properly, but it's only for a couple more days....

Caporegime
OP
Nice, that's awesome then! What was your prescription? and were you up to 20/20 at your check-up or is it a case of waiting for your eyes to settle?

My prescription was -1.825 and -1.625 I think was the final reading, and they were both at 20/20 at the 24hr checkup stage and still healing without any issues according to them so they may have improved by the time I go back for my 7day checkup :)

Caporegime
OP
Nice one Booner! - I know you recommended them to me, I didn't go for them but I didn't go for the cheapest either, still got a good deal though.

Had my check recently too, better than 20/20 - amazing :)

Caporegime
OP
I been wearing my glasses for 30 years and really fed up with it. But, I do get scare of risky blindness in both eyes if thing go wrong (lasereyes) because I am deafness since birth and scare of both blind and deaf. I really fed up of spending £300 glasses every 2 years.

I was thinking of wavefront, but do they accepted 12 months free interest for unemployed ?

And finally does vision 20/20 with wavefront guarantee no risk for lifetime ?

Very interesting to hear your new experience phate, bet you were relief and does swimming affect your eyes ?

I can see why you don't want to run the risk...but the procedure I thought was done in a very good manner and felt very safe during all of it. They do this all day every day don't forget.

For financing you would need to speak to them, I had LASIK (I think, can't really remember would need to check this thread) with Wavefront and I'm glad I went for the bit extra.

I don't think it guarantees no risk for lifetime, what they do do is some tests on your eyes to see how they are likely to deteriorate over the next 10 years (if at all) to judge if you are likely to need it redoing or will need glasses soon, fortunately I got the all clear.

But Bulldog...all I can say that my only regret is not getting it done sooner...it truely is an incredible experience and feeling to go from glasses/contacts to better than 20/20...there is not a day when I don't think "wow" or am impressed by my new eyes :)

I remember when I saw some friends of mine who are particularly good looking and I was totally taken a back by them...the detail I could see, the best way to describe it is by watching a standard definition dvd on a portable TV, then a 1080p film on a 50" plasma...the difference is madness. Get it done :)

Swimming is fine, was swimming everyday (and diving) on holiday in December, no issues. :)

Back
Top Bottom