Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Caporegime
OP
I also booked the 10th of work just to make sure my eyes get the Thursday, Friday and the weekend to rest, lucky as I didn't know I had to go back 24hrs afterwards to see how I'm getting on! lol

Caporegime
OP
Going to book a consultation with Optical Express, I really hope the quote they give me for the cost of the surgery won't be too much though ;\

Their prices are on their site so you can 'brace' yourself!

Mine is £2100, but I've spent nearly double that on glasses and contacts since I've been wearing them so it's saving me money in the long run! :)

Caporegime
OP
All done!

Came straight home and went to bed for a few hours then my sister just bounded in the room to try and a take a photo of me with my spiderman goggles on so I'm up :p

Won't make a massive post as im supposed to be resting but the differences already are just incredible :)

Caporegime
OP
Good stuff, just go back to bed for the rest of the day, the funniest thing I found was the next morning, woke up, panicked as i couldnt find my glasses with the usual morning rummage for them :)

I bet you feel like a million pounds today though, its a totally liberating experience.

I had my eyes tested a few weeks ago some 6 years on for the first time and my vision hadnt changed at all, still 30/20 in one eye, 20/20 in another.

Well I'm up now after an emergency at home and having to book a flight ticket I thought wellll I'm on the computer so I'll do a quick post.

Anyway, overall...very satisfied with the service, as a long term contact lense wearer I can say it's like kinda like that....but clearer! I've just put my 2nd lot of drops in (has to be done every 4 hours) and have realised if I don't master doing it myself by Monday I will have to ask someone at work to do it for me :o - and being the independant stubborn sod that I am, I'd rather not :p

It does feel great though, I was kind of nervous but more excited than anything before the procedure, and also when I was 'looking into the light' and it was tracking me it very much reminded me of old flight combat games for some reason :D...yes I know I'm sad!

To answer questions:

No you don't feel any pain, take 2 fingers and push them onto a closed eye, this is what it feels like, just a bit of pressure.

The most nerve racking bit for me was the sound of the cutter, it sounded like a mini hedge strimmer! But I MTFU and didn't say a word :p (despite thinking many many things!)

Overall the procedure went very smoothly and I was very pleased with going to Optical Express, they were professional, reassuring, and very helpful and I will recommend them to anyone! :)

Now the test will be when I wake up tomorrow morning once my eyes have finished healing as I'm told thats when they will be at their best :)

Jake

Caporegime
OP
Best money you'll ever spend probably. As a photographer I'm sure it will enhance your enjoyment.

I found that aiming the drops in the corner of your eye where the tear ducts are worked well even if your eyes are shut when you put them in. You then blink the drops across the surface of your eye as you would do normally.

Good shout mate :) - I'm gonna try doing drops myself as of tomorrow, right now I'm employing my sister :p

Caporegime
OP
Is it true you have to have the same prescription for the past 3 years? Mine seems to get worse every visit :(

Can you just go home by yourself afterwards (on the Tube)?

Mine had settled over the past year which was fine for them.

And no chance of getting a tube mate, I had to wait 30 mins for Mum to finish swanning around Lakeside at her leisure despite her having my sunglasses which under the flourescent lights I would have appreciated a lot! :p

I found walking back to the car I could just keep one eye open but as soon as we got to the underground carpark where it was dark I could open my other eye again, when we started driving eyes shut all the way home, it was just too bright. Soon as I got indoors, I went to a room with the curtains shut and lights off and felt much better, lied down for a few hours and after that I was fine :)

Basically don't let Mum carry your sunglasses and get home and into a dark room asap for a few hours and you'll be fine :)

Caporegime
OP
I see, cheers mate, good to have a first hand account of how it all works. I will have to see if I can get my bro to help me get home since I would be going to one of the clinics near Oxford Circus I think.

Indeed mate, make sure they can hang around for half a day or so during the tender period, after that you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom