Laws against low flying aircraft?

Associate
Your complaining about a low flying spitfire?

We get them overheard quite often, it's great. Last week we had the red arrows going over several times as well as trio of a spitfire, hurricane and a lancaster bomber.

It's one of the few advantages of living near filton.

Soldato
Enjoy it - some aviation fans would do anything to see that over their houses. Its numptys like you trying to report it that takes it away from everyone.

Associate
Enjoy it!..i live near filton airfield and there is a spit and a mustang based there...i love it when then do test flights because they usually route over my area, the last spit over my area did a high speed run followed by two loops..all okay by filton ATC.....nothing beats the sound of a Rolls Royce merlin/griffon engine.

Last edited:
Soldato
You are complaining about a Spitfire? :rolleyes: Seriously :rolleyes:

Also while I'm at it; :rolleyes: at the CAA (yes that's for trying to prosecute against something completely un-related, but I'm on a rolleye roll!)

Soldato
You lucky sod :D

We have a guy who practices in his aerobatic plane nearby.

Occasionally he flies over our house doing loops and things, but never that low. :( :p

Soldato
In fairness to the OP, had something unfortunate happen with the Spitfire and it hurled into someones house, I'm sure we wouldnt be saying "cool".

But since that did not happen. Im gonna say...

You lucky bastich :D So lucky to see a Spitfire in action at such close proximity :D

Associate
Spitfires are fab, you can't not love that Merlin roar.

I understand the OP concern though. Manouvres like this carry real risk and it's pretty poor showing near / over a residential area at any height.

I was taught and taught others when performing aero's / intentionall stalling and PFL's ABCCD -

ie clear of

Airfields
Built up area's
Cloud
Controlled airspace
Danger area's

Soldato
You lucky so and so, must be great to have heard and seen that. You should be happy. We have a chap who does aerobatics around where I live. Great to see that although he does it quite high up so most the time you just hear the different pitches of the prop at speed.

Back
Top Bottom