Laws against low flying aircraft?

Soldato
All those saying it's awesome, why are you complaining should think of the danger. Air shows are one thing those are planed and people are informed and so people can take precautions. Unexpected low flying can be very dangerous to horse riders and other people who handle animals.

Pfft, they have no respect, those animals should be bowing down in appreciation like the rest of us :p

Soldato
All those saying it's awesome, why are you complaining should think of the danger. Air shows are one thing those are planed and people are informed and so people can take precautions. Unexpected low flying can be very dangerous to horse riders and other people who handle animals.

I don't handle animals ,but, if I did and there was a low flying plane then I would definitely complain

I could be walking dogs or ferrets or something and they could get startled and who knows who kind of chaos could ensue!

serious business

Man of Honour

That's if it was flying to low. From what people have said in this thread that's only 500 or 1000feet. Which is 150-300meters which is low. Not sure how you could prove it was lower than that and that's assuming it doesn't have permission for flights below that.

Soldato
You walk ferrets ?

No, but if I did I would only do it if I didn't expect any low flying planes

It's not just the noise that can shock a horse either, they can be stunned by the awesome & amazing stunts performed, this can be dangerous in some situations

Soldato
Morba said "My wife has just told you both to shut up and stop being stupid."
She is no plane spotter but even she knows its a great thing to see, especially for nothing! "

Tell your wife its great watching someone else's child get injured due to an unscheduled plane dive-bombing at low levels. It's great working on a farm, vets, or with other livestock with spitfires sending the animals into frenzy. At least with shows you can plan for it.

Its great until you realise that unscheduled plane dive-bombing below legal levels just put someone's child in hospital.

Of course that's only if it really is flying low and unscheduled. There is nothing wrong with scheduled planes flying low. As long as the people who need to know are informed.

Soldato
Morba said "My wife has just told you both to shut up and stop being stupid."
She is no plane spotter but even she knows its a great thing to see, especially for nothing! "

Tell your wife its great watching someone else's child get injured due to an unscheduled plane dive-bombing at low levels. It's great working on a farm, vets, or with other livestock with spitfires sending the animals into frenzy. At least with shows you can plan for it.

Its great until you realise that unscheduled plane dive-bombing below legal levels just put someone's child in hospital.

Of course that's only if it really is flying low and unscheduled. There is nothing wrong with scheduled planes flying low. As long as the people who need to know are informed.

Deary me, even the Germans didn't complain about the Spitfires low flying during WW2!

Permabanned
...and here comes Pottsey to ruin the thread's continuity with his retarded and bizarre affliction to the "Quote" button!

It's not difficult, it's just one press of a little button!

Soldato
OP
To be honest I never even realised it was a spitfire. I love it how when its just a reported plane that is flying low you get the statistics come out about health and safety but when its a spitfire then suddenly im moaning. And bringing out war stories is low lol

I never said that I didnt enjoy the show it was very impressive, just a little close to my family for my liking. He did barrell rolls and even flew upside down for a while but I would have preferred to watch it at an airshow.

To me at the time it just looked like some rich kid in a plane showing off to his mates without any concern for whats below. So it doesnt really matter if you want to call me names, everyone to their own opinions i guess. The safety of my family and those around me are more important than whether you think i moan too much.

Glad you liked the pictures ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
You'd love to work near my airfield Pottsey, we get millitary choppers all the time at about 100 feet, and all the stuff going into/out of Duxford flying low. It's great :D

Soldato
You'd love to work near my airfield Pottsey, we get millitary choppers all the time at about 100 feet, and all the stuff going into/out of Duxford flying low. It's great :D

When I was returning from Newcastle last week an military chopper was flying slowly & parallel to the road , its altitude was maybe 50ft , just a few feet higher than the trees

no idea what type it was, had a back door which was opened at the time

Permabanned
When I was returning from Newcastle last week an military chopper was flying slowly & parallel to the road , its altitude was maybe 50ft , just a few feet higher than the trees

no idea what type it was, had a back door which was opened at the time

If it only had a single rotor system then it was probably a Merlin. As far as I know they're the only one of ours to have the rear ramp, apart from the Chinook but I'm guessing you'd know what that is due to it's two huge rotor systems.

Soldato
Yeah, definitely wasn't a chinook, I don't even know if it was British , I can only guess they were doing some sort of exercise dropping troops off in the forrest or something, probably came from RAF Spadeadam which is in the area

Back
Top Bottom