Laws against low flying aircraft?

Associate
Never mind what it looks like - just listen in awe to the noise that it makes!
Complain, no way, i'd like one over my house every day.

Soldato
You lucky so and so, must be great to have heard and seen that. You should be happy. We have a chap who does aerobatics around where I live. Great to see that although he does it quite high up so most the time you just hear the different pitches of the prop at speed.

same, I live next to a ww2 airfield, and a duo stunt planes fly over every now and again. Had 10 red arrows fly over not too long ago.

Love the sound of diving stunt planes. :)

lucky OP tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
spitfirej.jpg

Soldato
They dont muck about with the law when it comes to flying those classics - cant really tell from the pic but if its a BBMF one then it would have had clearance etc to display - there is no way it would have done so without it.

Soldato
We just had a very low flying aircraft which appeared to be dive bombing an area of houses, doing low level spins and what could only be described as generally showing off.

Are there any laws against this as I could even see the markings of the plane clearly. There are no nearby airports or landing sites nearby.

Anyone?

Jesus ****ing Christ. You do you know that the Spitfire was one of the machines that saved our ass in WWII, and you don't want it flying around your house. :rolleyes:

It costs around £3,000 to book one of those for a display, so enjoy it.

Man of Honour
They dont muck about with the law when it comes to flying those classics - cant really tell from the pic but if its a BBMF one then it would have had clearance etc to display - there is no way it would have done so without it.

Ain't one of the BBMF ones - they've got a rare weekend off.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Chriiist. Not often you see one of those! Enjoy it!

There's a guy around this area who is often doing stunt runs in a biplane above houses, higher than 1000ft though at a guess, always love to go and watch as it's pretty cool

Permabanned
Unbelievable! You witness the greatest WWII fighter ever produced flying low and performing manoeuvres over your house and your firt thought is "quick, I must get to the internet and moan about it"? Some people, like me, have to pay good money, travel a fair distance and get stuck in horrendous traffic jams to witness these beauties at Air Shows, and I live in the Spitfire's home town.

Actually, I'm pretty shocked that you didn't even know it was a ****ing Spitfire.

Man of Honour
Awesome and why would yo want to complain. Even if you could prove it was below 1000 or 500feet.

They are awesome. Use to get one flying over my parents house regularly as the part owner lived in the village.

Soldato
All those saying it's awesome, why are you complaining should think of the danger. Air shows are one thing those are planed and people are informed and so people can take precautions. Unexpected low flying can be very dangerous to horse riders and other people who handle animals.

Back
Top Bottom