Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Soldato
I can confirm it charges via USB-C when using a 100w USB-C PD charger with the laptop powered on.

I get a "slow charger" warning but it does charge.

The 300w charger that comes with the Legion 5 is massive, so it's a nice option to be able to use a smaller and lighter charger for work.

It does not provide enough power for gaming however.

Soldato
OP
I can confirm it charges via USB-C when using a 100w USB-C PD charger with the laptop powered on.

I get a "slow charger" warning but it does charge.

The 300w charger that comes with the Legion 5 is massive, so it's a nice option to be able to use a smaller and lighter charger for work.

It does not provide enough power for gaming however.

What about video editing?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I've ordered the Legion 5 (non pro) with a 5800h/16Gb/3070 (130w). Pretty much same specs as the Legion 5 Pro version I missed out on. I couldn't be bothered to wait for the Pro to come back in stock seeing as some here have been given dates months away.

Not too fussed on missing out on a 10w more powerful 3070 and the higher res screen. It should be more than plenty for what I need. The screen being 1080p is fine for me as it will mean I will have more GPU headroom to play with. It's still 165Hz, 3ms, 100% srgb and Gsync/Freesync so that's a bonus.

Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow to have a play with on my day off!

Soldato
I've ordered the Legion 5 (non pro) with a 5800h/16Gb/3070 (130w). Pretty much same specs as the Legion 5 Pro version I missed out on. I couldn't be bothered to wait for the Pro to come back in stock seeing as some here have been given dates months away.

Not too fussed on missing out on a 10w more powerful 3070 and the higher res screen. It should be more than plenty for what I need. The screen being 1080p is fine for me as it will mean I will have more GPU headroom to play with. It's still 165Hz, 3ms, 100% srgb and Gsync/Freesync so that's a bonus.

Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow to have a play with on my day off!

Is everything the same apart from display and GPU wattage?

Soldato
No card reader on the 5.

Fwiw the build quality is very good on the 5, I have no issues with mine whatsoever.

I paid 960 for a 5800h/3060/16gb/1tb with the upgraded screen, Keyboard and battery.

Soldato
You can order it again.

Edit - Looks like can order the stingray white now as well as the storm grey.

Last edited:
Soldato
My mate managed to grab one with the 3070, 5800, but my other mate said it looks like the Ryzen 7 5800h might have gone out of stock as he can't select this anymore. Still waiting on mine to arrive :(

Associate
Yeah looks like they went out of stock again this morning. Might be worth keeping an eye on it though.

Cheers mate. Thought I'd be ok with notification email. Will keep checking mornings.

How do you get 20% student discount? I've got student email, all setup through student beans and lenovo education, get to checkout and no discount on the pro?

Back
Top Bottom