*** 'Let's Meet At Our Place' Event : 12th September 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

And £100!

Cereal-Guy-Spitting.jpg

Soldato
Did they mention the refresh rate of the X anywhere? I'm typing this on my 12.9" 2nd Gen iPad Pro and ProMotion is a subtle but 'once you've got it you don't want to go back' thing for me.

Soldato
Did they mention the refresh rate of the X anywhere? I'm typing this on my 12.9" 2nd Gen iPad Pro and ProMotion is a subtle but 'once you've got it you don't want to go back' thing for me.

Nah, only mentioned TruTone unfortuately. I imagine they'd have mentioned ProMotion if it had it. No mention of it on the specs page either.

Associate
Oh look, it's the all new Lumia 950 with a fancy display.

Meh.

I'm comparing the unveilings here, with all of the new features both phones have.

Soldato
The fact that the iPhone X is stainless steel and glass sells it for me. My 1st generation steel Apple Watch still looks great.

My prediction is that it'll take Apple well into 2018 to ship all of the pre-orders though.

Caporegime
In terms of unlocking the phone I still think Face ID is more complicated to Touch ID.

Have nothing against anything else, I expect terrible battery life, i expect Apple Tax, I expect the same form factor but I do hope for better user experience.

If I am sitting down somewhere and want to sneak look at my phone, I sure am not looking directly at it, no way it can recognise me from my waist looking up from the side.

Soldato
Well. For me the X is a little underwhelming.. and the 8 would be a total side grade from a 7.

I'll hold off for the next iteration I think.

Is the GM of iOS 11 worth using now ?

Soldato
In terms of unlocking the phone I still think Face ID is more complicated to Touch ID.

Have nothing against anything else, I expect terrible battery life, i expect Apple Tax, I expect the same form factor but I do hope for better user experience.

If I am sitting down somewhere and want to sneak look at my phone, I sure am not looking directly at it, no way it can recognise me from my waist looking up from the side.

Then just press the finger print sensor on the back of the device... oh right it's not there :p

Associate
Storage on the X is pathetic.
Base should have been 128Gb for that price.

But I think I'll cave in and buy it, well I have over a month to decide.

Do I drop down to 64GB or opt for he 256GB.

Do I buy it all outright or do I go on the payment plan.

For the 64GB your looking at £56 per month on the upgrade programme. Or £43 on the standard payment plan.

Either way I can't believe I'm considering even spending so much, I need to go to sleep.

Soldato
I've just realised that the dimensions of the X are exactly what I was wanting. Always thought the plus versions were too big yet the X now has a bigger screen than the plus yet is almost the same dimensions as my iPhone 7. That is what makes it so tempting. It literally is just this Face ID thing...

Associate
The size can get tae ****, the emoji can get tae ****, the FaceID can get tae ****.

SE 2 better not have that ********.

Soldato
I think im missing something. The X signifies a generational leap but from looking at the apple store prospectus of the phone Apple seem a tad behind the curve to other manufacturers.

Im sure it will sell (of course), but would have expected more.

Soldato
I've just realised that the dimensions of the X are exactly what I was wanting. Always thought the plus versions were too big yet the X now has a bigger screen than the plus yet is almost the same dimensions as my iPhone 7. That is what makes it so tempting. It literally is just this Face ID thing...

Hopefully you'll get some impressions from the hands-on area being posted shortly. I usually skip first-gen Apple stuff anyway so between that and the price I'll probably skip the X for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom