"Leytonstone Tube station stabbing a 'terrorist incident'" - BBC

So every-time I go over the speed limit, or generally break the law I shall shout

"this is for Syria"

.....way to go journalism way to go....

I work in London so maybe I can help with a few of these answers.

I don't know how quickly the police got there (the ones tasering). However regular police are always patrolling / at random stations throughout the day. I come in and out of Fenchurch street and more often than not there are either armed and/or police with tasers on duty.

Whilst walking round London there are plenty of armed police patrols just driving round. These police cars are marked with yellow circle stickers on their windows (and a yellow star on their roof if you can see it).

This incident may have been dealt with within minutes if the police were already at the station once it all kicked off, if not I presume it would have been dealt with pretty rapidly still, and armed police wouldn't have been too far behind.

If the attacker was armed with a gun? The first set of police officers would have been stuffed, and the public. Unfortunately their isn't much you can do if a man with a gun walks into a crowded public spot. Especially if he is willing to die. (not saying that was the case here)

EDIT: admit that my experiences are more central/ city based.

To be fair i was in london of the night of the paris attacks and prior to paris going off i did see some tube stations manned with police and security precence.

Although it just makes me feel of they are going to be up to scratch to tackle some worst case scenario.

I am not afraid of london nor the tube although if you are actually in the confined spaces of a tube train and this happens its not good as you have nowhere to go really.

Saying that its quite a quick arrest in this case. Good on them but we still need to ensure first to scene personnel are going to be able to nip this in the bud early on should this have been bigger

Last edited:
Was thinking this, I really think all police officers should carry a loaded weapon now days with the threats we now face.

We're nowhere close to needing routinely-armed police officers. More firearms officers yes, and a more widespread rollout of Taser, but calling for the arming all officers is a complete kneejerk reaction.

Not that any force could realistically afford to do it at the moment anyway.

Everything is bolted down at stations. Anyone here would have removed themselves from the situation yesterday if possible, don't try and claim that you'd have found a heroic streak.

We're nowhere close to needing routinely-armed police officers. More firearms officers yes, and a more widespread rollout of Taser, but calling for the arming all officers is a complete kneejerk reaction.

Not that any force could realistically afford to do it at the moment anyway.

Maybe just in city centre's then, but yeah more firearm officers for sure.

I thought all officers carried a taser now days?

Not really a terrorist incident is it?

A guy stabs someone and shouts something loosely associated with a country in which there is conflict between SEVERAL parties/countries

Someone getting angry and doing something stupid doesn't make them a terrorist. It makes them psychotic

Back
Top Bottom