"Leytonstone Tube station stabbing a 'terrorist incident'" - BBC

Not really a terrorist incident is it?

A guy stabs someone and shouts something loosely associated with a country in which there is conflict between SEVERAL parties/countries

Someone getting angry and doing something stupid doesn't make them a terrorist. It makes them psychotic

Loosely associated? He shouted "this is for Syria". It is clearly terrorism.

Possibly not but it's nice to know they would have something as a last resort.

Nice to know for whom? I haven't seen any studies or polls lately but as recent as 2006 (bear in mind this is after 7/7 attacks) 82% of officers didn't want to be armed.

There are armed response units who I'm sure are never too far away in populated areas and London in particular, in this case they may have already been on the way or even on the scene.

A guy stabs someone and shouts something loosely associated with a country in which there is conflict between SEVERAL parties/countries

Someone getting angry and doing something stupid doesn't make them a terrorist. It makes them psychotic

It's a terrorist incident for investigation purposes; you can surely appreciate the importance of having counter-terrorism teams lead the investigation to ascertain whether he has links they need to know about.

They're secured.

Keyboard warriors to the rescue.

Where's Crocodile-Dundee when you need him "That's not a knife!" :p

In all probability not one of us would know what to do in that situation and wing it the best we could, I can't run so I'd be stuck without options in that scenario other than to try and protect myself.

The slightest built person with a knife can kill the biggest, it's not something I'd like to have to face. Hope the victims heal fast and completely, hope the perpetrator gets himself a long stretch to consider his idiocy.

Lol wut?

Stop talking garbage

IMO anyone who plots an attack and uses that as a motive is worthy of being called such terrorist scum

Treat them like the rest of them and take them down

P.S terrorists are psychotic anyway with their messed up belief's

Last edited:
Really need to improve that then, I know it would cost a lot though as well as all the training involved. But it's needed!

I've never used one so can only speak for what I've read but they're supposed to have numerous faults/limitations.

I imagine CS gas and then punch them in the face would produce a more predictable result :D.

Loosely associated? He shouted "this is for Syria". It is clearly terrorism.

Yes he did, but there is no context any further than "Syria"

He could be opposed to the Assad regime, he could be opposed to the UKs bombing of Syria and the idea of potential civilian deaths as a result or he could even know a Sunni rebel that was caught in the crossfire somewhere.

Why does what he shouted automatically associate him with the Daesh ideals?

The conflict over there is EXTREMELY complicated, and far more than just "Daesh vs the West"

Last edited:
Lol wut?

Stop talking garbage

IMO anyone who plots an attack and uses that as a motive is worthy of being called such terrorist scum

Treat them like the rest of them and take them down

Essentially what you are saying is, anyone that commits an act of crime and results in loss of life is a terrorist.

Is not really that straight forward is it?

Yes he did, but there is no context any further than "Syria"

He could be opposed to the Assad regime, he could be opposed to the UKs bombing of Syria and the idea of potential civilian deaths as a result or he could even know a Suni rebel that was caught in the crossfire somewhere.

Why does what he shouted automatically associate him with the Daesh ideals?

The conflict over there is EXTREMELY complicated, and far more than just "Daesh vs the West"

I fail to see how any of those contexts could make him anything other than a terrorist :confused:.

Besides the timing is awfully coincidental if its not to do with the recent vote.

Essentially what you are saying is, anyone that commits an act of crime and results in loss of life is a terrorist.

No. I'm not saying that.

But the signs are pretty clear here this was an act on reflection of our recent vote on being more involved In the war.

Not an off the cuff crime from Mr Joe public

Why are you even defending this guy?

Well for the public to actually feel "terrorised" the media needs to publicise terrorism as much as possible. 98% of all people are really stupid. The feeling of terror is created by nothing other than the media for goodness sake lol

Last edited:
No. I'm not saying that.

But the signs are pretty clear here this was an act on reflection of our recent vote on being more involved In the war.

Not an off the cuff crime from Mr Joe public

Why are you even defending this guy?

I'm not defending him at all, clearly what he did was abhorrent and he should be locked up.

The point I'm trying to make is that the word Terrorism is banded about without true context. If we're not careful someone who gets into a fight down the pub over a spilt pint will end up being a "Terrorist"

I'm not defending him at all, clearly what he did was abhorrent and he should be locked up.

The point I'm trying to make is that the word Terrorism is banded about without true context. If we're not careful someone who gets into a fight down the pub over a spilt pint will end up being a "Terrorist"

Your still not getting my point. Its pretty clear he had a motive here. How could you compare that to someone getting labeled as a terrorist for getting In a fight down the pub with a spilt pint?

Back
Top Bottom