Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
You can see your order time on the orders section mine was secured at 13:53
Do you or does anybody here have a different order number on the OC website than on their confirmation email? I called up OC twice providing the two different order numbers and I was in a different position for each order number which makes no sense to me lol.

Associate
It's been 26 days since my last post and a black screen issue, I changed some monitor setting 26 days ago from my last black screen and so far I've had no black screen for 26 days now, while gaming.
My settings...

144Hz / Adaptive-Sync Off / HDR Off / Response Time Fast / DAS Mode On

It never blinks for me with freesync OFF in the radeon drivers settings.

Well it's another few night of no black screens. I have changed up my wiring under the desk making sure the power to the monitor isn't tied to other data/power cables.
I have placed the power adapter on top of my desk that keeps so much more cooler to touch.

The only other suggestion I have not done yet is have the monitor plugged alone directly into the wall socket.

I am convinced that the issue does lay around this sort of thing.

The black screen is some sort of interference.

So my first test with monitor being plugged to a different wall socket kinda confirms that, at least I hope so, this evening will be a second 160hz@155fps gaming session. Fingers crossed. But overall, even if it turns out good, then LG's power adapter is a rare piece of garbage.

Associate
Do you or does anybody here have a different order number on the OC website than on their confirmation email? I called up OC twice providing the two different order numbers and I was in a different position for each order number which makes no sense to me lol.

My email specifically states I have two numbers. An 'order number' and an 'internet reference', the latter of which matches what is on my account (making sense).

Associate
Seems like turning off Gsync fixed the issue.
I think the issue is with the monitor and how it does variable refresh rate. But I bought the monitor in part because it has Gsync support. On the other hand I can't have a 3 second black screen if I'm doing something very time sensitive like a game raid. Say I wipe to a 3s black screen. I'd be wasting everyone's time, not just my own.

I will try the wall socket thing just in case. I can't imagine doing it would make things worse, anyways.

So if you actually want to buy this monitor have to keep in mind a few things:
1. Plenty of people get black screen issues with VRR on, be it Freesync or Gsync.
2. Hardware calibration, one of the main features that makes this monitor stand out from the competition, does not work for most people due to lack of spectral profiles in their software. It's been over half a year since 27GN950 released and we still don't have it. LG says they will add it eventually.
3. If you use 160hz mode, DSR simply does not function, and LG rep has said they have no intention of trying to fix the issue.

Take care that your $900 monitor that's supposed to bring joy doesn't end up being endless hours of troubleshooting and disappointment.

Last edited:
Associate
I have confirmation from OC that they’re receiving stock on the 30th and you should have it by 31st :) don’t get your hopes up though.. they’re receiving 80 and have 99 pre orders so it depends where you are in the queue. Lol. Some people have ordered 2.

Does DPD Next Day deliver on a Saturday?

Associate
I will try the wall socket thing just in case. I can't imagine doing it would make things worse, anyways.
Find something like this (PF8VNT3-RS):
files

Plug it to a different wall socket, preferably a remote one, then plug monitor to this filter. It has LC-filters in the internal circuit, supposed to block most of the interference from home appliances and home PC or AV-equipment.

Associate
My order was placed: 21 Jun 2021 15:52:00 - Surely they cannot have received 80 orders in that window when it allowed people to order on that day? Given especially no one knew unless you follow this forum post. I only saw it as someone posted on here and I ordered straight away once I saw it, lucky for me I guess or not?

Associate
Dare I ask what time people managed to place their orders? I want to cry while playing "Higher or Lower" in my head.

My order was placed at 21st June, 14:54.

(Updated post with correct order date, not the email arrival time)

June 21st 12:15

However because when I ordered it showed as 'in-stock', I then got an email at 17:00 informing me it was a pre-order. My tiny fear is that it got amended to a pre-order and may have messed up my queue place. Very unlikely I know, just paranoia lol.

You can see your order time on the orders section mine was secured at 13:53

My order was placed: 21 Jun 2021 13:50:00

My order was placed: 21 Jun 2021 15:52:00 - Surely they cannot have received 80 orders in that window when it allowed people to order on that day? Given especially no one knew unless you follow this forum post. I only saw it as someone posted on here and I ordered straight away once I saw it, lucky for me I guess or not?

21/06/2021 11:48 for me, single order.
  1. 11:48 - Firevine
  2. 12:15 - Sagan1
  3. 13:50 - Nagapow
  4. 13:53 - Kuribos
  5. 14:54 - Scott S
  6. 15:52 - MyRhyno

Associate
I have confirmation from OC that they’re receiving stock on the 30th and you should have it by 31st :) don’t get your hopes up though.. they’re receiving 80 and have 99 pre orders so it depends where you are in the queue. Lol. Some people have ordered 2.

Yeah, I ordered 2, because I always work with 2 identical monitors, so I need 2 or none at all. But I placed mine late, 15:20, so I guess I'm screwed either way.

Associate
I get you. But I keep coming back to GP950 monitor, no matter what else I look into.

I decided to get the the 27GN850 (1440p, old model) for £270 from a competitor and will just wait till the GP950 gets more stock, then use the GN as a second monitor. I can't keep going with 2x 1920x1200 monitors.

Associate
Okay guys I have some good news! I called OC again and luckily got connected to the guy who’s in charge of sending out references and updates to stock. I told him how I was given 2 different queue positions and he looked into it, double checked and told me that the guy who gave me the other queue position had made a mistake. He told me that I am in queue position 72 and that’s including people who have ordered 2 monitors or more. SO. I placed my order on 21/06/2021 at 16:09 which means anyone that has placed an order before me has 100% secured the monitor if what the salesperson on the phone told me is true. Hope this gives some hope to people!

Associate
Okay guys I have some good news! I called OC again and luckily got connected to the guy who’s in charge of sending out references and updates to stock. I told him how I was given 2 different queue positions and he looked into it, double checked and told me that the guy who gave me the other queue position had made a mistake. He told me that I am in queue position 72 and that’s including people who have ordered 2 monitors or more. SO. I placed my order on 21/06/2021 at 16:09 which means anyone that has placed an order before me has 100% secured the monitor if what the salesperson on the phone told me is true. Hope this gives some hope to people!
Let’s hope so! Thanks for the update

Associate
Isn't it worth waiting for true 4K monitors over display port without using DSC (compression algortihm)? Especially now there is a black-screening problem which I found annoying in critical points in games and so returned reluctantly.

Won't the GP950 be a bit behind the times when say in Q2 2022 Display port 2.0 monitors come out making 4k truly lossless over DP?

Back
Top Bottom