Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m looking for some advice, I’ve been through 3 of the 27GP950’s now and I’ve had 2 out of 3 with terrible issues. The first failure appeared to be a main board issue as it wouldn’t firmware update and the USB ports didn’t recognise anything at all, but along with that it had issues with flickering and black screen (hence I tried to update the firmware).

The replacement that arrived develops a flickering but only on the left half of the panel, it’s very odd. It’s incredibly inconsistent when it will do it, I’ve seen awful issues with HDR enabled as well, blurring, bleeding, unreadable text, shadowing of text on webpages when scrolling, pretty much every issue I could think of I’ve experienced.

I’ve tried 2-3 different firmware versions, I’ve tried them connected to my 2080ti and my 3090, same issues across both GPUs. I’ve tried different cables, I did try via HDMI on the 3090 rather than DP which was slightly better, but I have an odyssey G9 on that system usually so I don’t really want to move that around.

Are these just issues that I should expect? I have tried turning off the features like adaptive sync, tried leaving hdr off, turned the response time down to normal. Or are there just bad batches of these out there.

Any suggestions on an alternative that’s in the same ballpark price and spec?
Try it without the odyssey G9 monnitor connectid ;)

Have been using this monitor as a tv for awhile because of house move, picture settings have been done for hdmi 1 as my ps5 is connected to it, but interested if anyone has been using this for tv ?
if so have you changed any colour settings etc that needed to be done.

Does anyone know if there has been another firmware update after version 4.04,39,6.06 ?
Checking up to this thread. Can advise to stay away from the second update 4.04, 39, 6.06, it suffers from black screens just like the stock firmware which was onboard from the shelf. The first update 4.04, 31, 6.06 is absolutely perfect for me (6900xt, DP cable, win10, 160hz, freesync).

Just had two of these arrive today. I am finding though both will switch off then back on momentarily every now and then. This is not when playing games. Just desktop browsing the internet.

Any idea why this is? Wrong settings somewhere? Poor cable? I am using the display port cables that came with them and a 1080.

A read through of the last few pages suggests I should do a firmware update?

Just had two of these arrive today. I am finding though both will switch off then back on momentarily every now and then. This is not when playing games. Just desktop browsing the internet.

Any idea why this is? Wrong settings somewhere? Poor cable? I am using the display port cables that came with them and a 1080.

A read through of the last few pages suggests I should do a firmware update?
Try them out separately connected. It might be GPU not coping with throughput or PSU not coping with powering them. The firmware update fixed the black screen blinking during Freesync/Gsync/VRR synchronization between gaming FPS and screen's frequency. Destop is usually Vsync'ed so there is no FPS fluctuation. Also make sure both monitors are at the same resolution, frequency, color depth, pixel format. Try the latest WHQL drivers.

Try them out separately connected. It might be GPU not coping with throughput or PSU not coping with powering them. The firmware update fixed the black screen blinking during Freesync/Gsync/VRR synchronization between gaming FPS and screen's frequency. Destop is usually Vsync'ed so there is no FPS fluctuation. Also make sure both monitors are at the same resolution, frequency, color depth, pixel format. Try the latest WHQL drivers.
I updated the firmware in the end last night and not had the issue today so far.

I have had a different issue though now. They have switched properly off sometimes and require powering back on by pressing the button. I thought it might be the deep sleep as it's happened when I have been away for a short time, but that is already set to off. I set it to on then off hoping that fixes it. Screens should never blank in power management.

Any brave souls willing to try it out? If you do update and end up rolling back to a previous firmware, let us know if it is possible.

I've installed it, but I can't notice any differences. Everything is working fine. The scaler, NXP, and DSC versions have all been updated this time, but if there's any real world changes/improvements, I can't see them.

It took AGES to install. It got to 33% pretty quickly, then slowed to a crawl after that.

I really wish LG would include release notes so we could see what the changes/improvements are.

I've installed it, but I can't notice any differences. Everything is working fine. The scaler, NXP, and DSC versions have all been updated this time, but if there's any real world changes/improvements, I can't see them.

It took AGES to install. It got to 33% pretty quickly, then slowed to a crawl after that.

I really wish LG would include release notes so we could see what the changes/improvements are.

I am updating it now, and it has been nearly 1 hour now.
Still on 50% only......

Last edited:
Can't try the update. Both monitors say to connect it to USB but it's already connected. The attached USB devices work. Tried all the other USB ports too. I've managed an update before when I first bought them.

Back
Top Bottom