LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Soldato
I get it, we can't really compare because it's a niche spec but I look at my AW and I look at the LG and I'm like why do these cost the same (noting faster hz)
Price it high because it's the first of it's kind and they know people want the latest and greatest and yes 240hz.

Associate
afaik OLED is cut from a larger sheet, so just like CPU wafers its all about getting the most out of the single sheet/wafer you can for the cheapest possible price. So i guess going different sizes and smaller in general is costing LG more than just cutting existing 42/48 + sizes.

I guess its same reason why we are only seeing certain sizes from Samsung display also.

I could be completely off and please correct me if wrong but thats the way i read it ages ago.

Last edited:
Associate
Grats! Let us know how it is in person. :)
Delivery wasn't as promised so it got delivered today. Oddly enough my old VESA stand doesn't work so I ordered a new one. I'll be making photos once it's all set up.

My impressions so far: holy ****** ****! Colors are so much vibrant and the 1440p 27" OLED is pixel perfect! Viewing angles are superb and the brightness is about perfect for me! It may be dim to some indeed but personally, it's damn perfect! I have it in Vivid mode so I had to lower the brightness to 90 lol. No need to change colors like I usually do after buying new (lcd) monitors, I haven't changed anything except completely turning off Energy mode and the remote to work with TV's. I'm actually impressed how sharp the pixels are, they look so nice and clear! And reading? Well, I have no issue with reading like some mentioned regarding the ClearType? Quick impression on gaming, GTAV looks damn beautiful! With the 27" being a big screen it's like you get sucked into the game world like when I had the LG 42C2. Blacks are inky black. And now the most important thing about the most complained: to be glossy or to be matte? Sorry but that shi gets overblown for nothing. The glare screen is very nice, I'm impressed with that too and it eliminates lighting a lot like a pro while the colors still looks very nice and vivid. I think it's because people who are complaining about that too much is because they have glossy OLED TV and they expect the monitor to be as good as their glossy OLED TV. I do have a OLED TV too but those two are completey different so be happy. Personally this glare screen is damn nice and welcome too because I don't wanna see my face on my monitor lol.

And finally flickerfree tech! No headache and nasua at first use lol. I'll be writing more impressions once I got the time and making phots too. Tho my office is...a bit one of a kind :p

I can already tell: 1440p 27" OLED is very amazing! You won't even complain about 4K!

Associate
Glad you’re enjoying it!

Change out of inaccurate Vivid mode though please!! lol (only kidding. If you like it, then stick with it!)
Thanks!

Actually I had no idea I can scroll further so using the Calibrate 1 preset because ABL is hardly noticed. I checked it playing with a white window like moving, increasing and decreasing the window size and full screen mode. ABL seems to not kick in at all or simply difficult to notice. Vivid? Full screen white and ABL kicks in. No more using that preset lol.

My new monitor stand is en route and should be delivered today.

Man of Honour
ABL wasnt needed in Gamer preset modes or in sRGB....actually didn't test it in Vivid, but maybe it has an increased brightness capability for SDR, but with ABL present. the other modes can reach ~200 nits all without ABL so that's perfectly adequate for most. Might be worth checking out my configuration guide to set up Gamer and sRGB modes nicely :)

Associate
Today something totally unexpected happened. Every day I check the price comparator to see if one of the stores has it in stock and suddenly one store has it.
So I ordered it today and according to them, it should be delivered tomorrow!
What price comparator? Where are you based? Surely not the UK cause stock doesn't exist here and as far as I know only OCUK have an option to pre-order the LG 27GR95QE.

Back
Top Bottom