LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Associate
I know that on the LG website it states that shipping starts on the 4th April. Hopefully it's roughly around the same time as that
I emailed overclockers to find out if they had an estimated shipping date and this is the response I got.

the item on order is out-of-stock with no estimated time of arrival at the moment, please accept our apologies for this delay.

If you would like to cancel or amend this order with this in mind, please let us know, and we'll get this sorted for you as soon as is possible.

Quite annoying as they still have it up on the website for pre-order and it states no where that the monitor is out of stock

Associate
I emailed overclockers to find out if they had an estimated shipping date and this is the response I got.

the item on order is out-of-stock with no estimated time of arrival at the moment, please accept our apologies for this delay.

If you would like to cancel or amend this order with this in mind, please let us know, and we'll get this sorted for you as soon as is possible.

Quite annoying as they still have it up on the website for pre-order and it states no where that the monitor is out of stock
Pretty ******** when the product page is still online to purchase and there is no info at all. Very frustrating, isn't? Is that normal? Here there are webstores that doesn't let you order if it's out of stock.

Either way, literally any minute this monitor is back on stock, it sold out asap. You won't have a chance to get one.

Associate
Pretty ******** when the product page is still online to purchase and there is no info at all. Very frustrating, isn't? Is that normal? Here there are webstores that doesn't let you order if it's out of stock.

Either way, literally any minute this monitor is back on stock, it sold out asap. You won't have a chance to get one.
Yeah I think I’m gonna cancel my pre-order and order the LG C2 as that’s on sale in the UK now for around 899-999. Really is annoying how it’s available to order with no available stock at all

Associate

Oh wow. that's pretty ****** of them tbh.
There should be a note on the pre-order that all pre-orders for the supposed April shipping are sold out and that any pre-order made now will be for a future shipment which has no ETA at the moment. It's not that hard.
Such poor communication and support from OC staff. We don't even get any interaction on this forum.

Associate
That must just be a generic reply from OC as I recently ordered a NAS I wanted which was showing pre order and after several weeks and getting fed up I emailed for an update and just got that exact reply!

Soldato
Soldato
OP
It seems both LG and Samsung are super happy with the sales of their OLED monitors and panels and are planning a wide range of new models to fill out the market and many of them pack super impressive specs.

TFT central have leaked Samsung and LG new panels, all of these panels are set to go into production by the end of 2024 so it will be 2 years before you see a monitor for sale with the more extreme panels below and more the milder speced panels you can see them later this year.

First up is a refresh of Samsung currently only QD OLED panel they make. The Alienware and others using the 3440x1440 panel can expect a bump up to 240hz with a new panel refresh coming this year. Samsung is also going to bring out a 2560x1440p 27 inch 240hz option to compete with LG.

For 2024 Samsung is going to bring out some big boy toys: 27inch 1440p with 360hz, 32 inch 4K with 240hz and 27inch 4k with 240hz.

LG is going to bring out new ultra wides at 35, 39 and 45 inches with 240hz refresh rate. In 2024 LG is going to also bring out a 32 inch 4K monitor that can output both 4k 240hz and 1080p 480hz. They also planning a 27inch 4k 240hz and a 27inch 1440p 480hz (most of these are in production at the end of next year). There is also brightness target increase with 2024 panels targeting 1300nits peaks and 275nits at 100% white screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank god, finally feels like the monitor market is going somewhere. It feels like I’ve waited 15 years for this haha.

Associate
Had an e-mail from LG saying it was in stock yesterday, but their site was listing out of stock with in 5 minutes. My OC order still says Ordered atm (pre ordered about 2 1/2 months ago)

Associate
I just opened a ticket to OCUK to request a cancellation for my preorder. Annoyingly I will not be about for a few weeks so unless the screen was sent yesterday I likely would not have been around to accept it. May end up going for the Alienware / LG C2 if these are still out of stock everywhere when I return. Never mind, at least that frees up one of the preordered screens for someone else to enjoy - hopefully they start shipping out soonish!

Associate
For some very strange reason my orders not showing on my account!

I’ve still got the email and they’ve had the money so not quite sure what’s going on?!

Guess I will have to drop OC a web chat tomorrow as I was hoping it’d be showing out for delivery too

Man of Honour
the new LG firmware doesn’t change much sadly. There’s a very minor 4% increase in SDR brightness taking it slightly closer to 200 nits max, but that’s without ABL being needed so is quite good

No change to HDR brightness at all in the Gamer 1 mode which is close to 6500k. They have however changed gamer 2 mode to now be much cooler (8900K), cheating their way to a higher peak brightness around 880 nits

So unless you want a much cooler image, no real change sadly

Associate
the new LG firmware doesn’t change much sadly. There’s a very minor 4% increase in SDR brightness taking it slightly closer to 200 nits max, but that’s without ABL being needed so is quite good

No change to HDR brightness at all in the Gamer 1 mode which is close to 6500k. They have however changed gamer 2 mode to now be much cooler (8900K), cheating their way to a higher peak brightness around 880 nits

So unless you want a much cooler image, no real change sadly
So we better wait for the Asus version?

Back
Top Bottom