LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Associate
What price comparator? Where are you based? Surely not the UK cause stock doesn't exist here and as far as I know only OCUK have an option to pre-order the LG 27GR95QE.
I live in the Netherlands and I have set an alert to let me know and since then, I checked it every day, probably about 4 days when another store popped in. At first I was curious about this store but it seemed all fine. Two days later it arrived and it's high likely a keeper! I could not have time to review it fully and to make photos but all I can say: this monitor is worth every penny!
This is the price comparator I use:

Associate
https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors are counting down to the 15th of March. either thats when the release is unveiled or thats when they will be available to purchase.
Well this was a waste of time. It counted down to be able to let you pre register for an email to preorder I guess? Which we could do before hand. And still no release window? Genius marketing

Last edited:
Associate
Looking at this monitor today, would this LG OLED be a better option than this MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD 4K Ultra HD 32" IPS LCD Gaming Monitor for RTX 4090 ?

One is 32" 4K non OLED and the other is OLED but only 27" and 1440P

Associate
Looking at this monitor today, would this LG OLED be a better option than this MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD 4K Ultra HD 32" IPS LCD Gaming Monitor for RTX 4090 ?

One is 32" 4K non OLED and the other is OLED but only 27" and 1440P
depends on your use case i guess. im no expert but i have done lots of research, so take that what you will. for a 4090, surely 4k is best and im guessing for games?

i see people champion the LG C2 42" if you can make it fit on your desk. yes its a TV but its cheaper than all the OLED monitors and does 120hz. if you want productivity then OLED might not be best bet but i hear the VA panels from Samsung are really good (odyessey G7 or G8). someone with a bit more knowledge would probably help you out further. i honestly think that having this monitor at 1440p with a 4090 is a bit of a mismatch personally, but its your decision.

also to note: ive never used a 4k monitor so i honestly dont know the difference in quality. i prefer high FPS to high resolution so a 4090 with 1440p would produce better results

Last edited:
Associate
depends on your use case i guess. im no expert but i have done lots of research, so take that what you will. for a 4090, surely 4k is best and im guessing for games?

i see people champion the LG C2 42" if you can make it fit on your desk. yes its a TV but its cheaper than all the OLED monitors and does 120hz. if you want productivity then OLED might not be best bet but i hear the VA panels from Samsung are really good (odyessey G7 or G8). someone with a bit more knowledge would probably help you out further. i honestly think that having this monitor at 1440p with a 4090 is a bit of a mismatch personally, but its your decision.

also to note: ive never used a 4k monitor so i honestly dont know the difference in quality. i prefer high FPS to high resolution so a 4090 with 1440p would produce better results
The LG 27GR95QE can do 4K120 without no problem thanks to HDMI 2.1, even if it's native 1440p.

Associate
Would have to be seen as its a 1440p panel. Use something like AMD's VSR or whatever Nvidia's equivalent is called
I don't think you even need nVidia DSR. It's like 4K120 is really built-in. I have this habbit to always enable DSR when I get a new monitor and in games I could set the resolutions up to 8K with monitor. On my 1080p VA monitor max is 4K.

How does that work? Is it just like up scaling?
Not sure but the picture will get very crispy and amazing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think you even need nVidia DSR. It's like 4K120 is really built-in. I have this habbit to always enable DSR when I get a new monitor and in games I could set the resolutions up to 8K with monitor. On my 1080p VA monitor max is 4K.

Upscaling isn't 4k, and whilst some people could like it, it's not really accurate to say that the monitor can do 4k because any monitor can upscale - unless maybe I'm misunderstanding your point?

Associate
Upscaling isn't 4k, and whilst some people could like it, it's not really accurate to say that the monitor can do 4k because any monitor can upscale - unless maybe I'm misunderstanding your point?
I'm mainly talking about nVidia DSR. To upscale to 4K on a 1080p monitor, you have to enable DSR. With this monitor, DSR seems to be unnecessary. It's true any monitor can upscale but only by GPU drivers? You can upscale to any resolutions like 1440, 1620 etc. nVidia DSR is now 9 years old, I still can remember it upscaling GTA4 and NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 because they lack AA:p 4K on GTX780

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom