LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Man of Honour
the TFTCentral review of the LG 27GR95QE 27" 240Hz OLED monitor is coming next week, but now would be a great time to support our site, join our Patreon and get early access! It's a monster review!

Man of Honour
the TFTCentral review of the LG 27GR95QE 27" 240Hz OLED monitor is coming next week, but now would be a great time to support our site, join our Patreon and get early access! It's a monster review!

The review is now live publicly for everyone :)

Soldato
OP

Nice review

I'm jealous it has a remote, on my Alienware infrequently changing settings and would love a remote to do it with, I don't think any Alienware panels have this. Pitty it's 27inch I don't think I can go back to 27 now that I'm used to 34.

I don't think the HDR brightness is too bad, 600nits at default gamer setting is still good enough for a very good HDR experience in a dark or dim room. Plus since it's WOLeD panel it will have the wash out effect when it gets higher as I see on LG TVs when they go above 750nits the colors look washed out because there is just too much white light coming through

Soldato
UK release when? I'm super tempted as I'm looking to replace my ancient UM88C from 7 years ago or so. lol

Also thanks for the review Baddass, helped my decision making a lot. :)

Quick edit, it's either this or the DWF alienware but... I want to go back to 16:9 for the games I play. PoE and others that just simply hate 21:9.

Last edited:
Permabanned

This monitor seemed an obvious purchase, but now with a few caveats I'll have to keep in mind. It was my no.1 choice as I'm looking to get a new PC in the next couple of months.

I'm buying it primarily for content consumption so maybe it's a good thing I'll now need to switch monitors for my daily desktop tasks. I've already got a basic 144hz 1080p monitor for those tasks.

My only concern is I'm the type of person who could pump in 10-15 hours a day on this monitor, if I avoid desktop usage hopefully that would reduce any chance of noticeable burn in, in tandem with using the built in settings mentioned in the review.

I'll now have to look at potential alternatives that perhaps fit my usage better :)

Soldato
This is probably a daft question, but does the monitor look like it has the same PPI as a comparable LCD monitor in games, or does OLED make it look like it’s running a higher resolution than it really is?

Man of Honour
This is probably a daft question, but does the monitor look like it has the same PPI as a comparable LCD monitor in games, or does OLED make it look like it’s running a higher resolution than it really is?
Same PPI appearance. Being OLED has its performance benefits but improving resolution isn’t one of them I’m afraid :)

Caporegime
image.png

Back
Top Bottom