LG 27GR95QE (worlds first OLED 240hz 2560x1440p) launches 28 December

Even when at desktop? I'd definately have RMA'd if thats the case. I always wear headphones when gaming but if I'm just browsing or doing someother stuff that doesn't require sound then I won't put them on. Instances like that you shouldn't have to put on headphones to block out excessive fan noise or even coil whine.
Nah not in desktop, just under any significant load. I asked about RMA'ing and OC said no.

I got this monitor yesterday and so far i'm finding it pretty incredible for gaming. I'm pretty much overall satisfied with it...
Except the fan.
According to reviews and most internet comments you can't hear the fan at all or its near completely silent. However I can hear mine quite clearly.. its like a quiet buzzing sound.

Hows everyone elses fan?
Off putting. Need more fan info and how to replace them with a low speed Noctua. Even then, where is the removeable dust filter?

I won't deny it is offputting. It's just another noisy component that even if fine now; a few years down the line it could break and now you just feel crap after dropping 1k on it.
It should be a big heatsink or something, not something mechanical..
I really do love this monitor so I've decided to RMA instead of refund though.

That sucks, couldn't you have return it under the 14 day distance selling act?
I honestly didnt notice it until maybe 3 weeks after owning. I emailed them fairly soonish - even enquired about upgrading to the top Sapphire one but they said they dont accept RMA's for coil whine.

I should add i didnt notice it cos i never play on my PC without in-ears in. (i noticed it when i was working from home and i loaded a small game at dinner playing through speakers)

Last edited:
I honestly didnt notice it until maybe 3 weeks after owning. I emailed them fairly soonish - even enquired about upgrading to the top Sapphire one but they said they dont accept RMA's for coil whine.

I should add i didnt notice it cos i never play on my PC without in-ears in. (i noticed it when i was working from home and i loaded a small game at dinner playing through speakers)
RMA's for coil whine should depend on how bad it is. Most gpus can suffer from it to a certain extent but there does become a point where RMA's should be accepted. If you think its excessive then maybe contact customer services with a video demonstrating how loud it is or post a video on the forum asking peoples opinons. Gibbo might even see it if on the forum :)

Last edited:
Very tempted myself now this is back in stock. If I only used it for gaming it would be an easier decision, but I do WFH a couple of days a week. Torn between this or a cheaper IPS. But I am wondering just how much better proper HDR would make something like cyberpunk look.

Firmware finally updated. Didn’t notice any increased brightness on the desktop. Can see the colour fringing on text but not too bothered so far. Remembered why I hate windows HDR implementation as so many games need that switched on rather just
In game.

Noticed some weird background juddering in RE4 at 240 which might put me off which not seen on my OLED tv or LED monitor before but will test more titles

Firmware finally updated. Didn’t notice any increased brightness on the desktop. Can see the colour fringing on text but not too bothered so far. Remembered why I hate windows HDR implementation as so many games need that switched on rather just
In game.

Noticed some weird background juddering in RE4 at 240 which might put me off which not seen on my OLED tv or LED monitor before but will test more titles
When it works HDR does look stunning but its such a pain to get working. Often even turning HDR on in windows and in game then loading the game doesn't even work correctly. Not a problem with the screen its a problem with Windows 10 not handling HDR correctly. I am getting to the point where I cannot be bothered spending 10 to 15min getting the games to work in HDR each play session and I am just leaving it in SDR. It doesn't help that when it is working correctly we cannot leave it in HDR as the desktop usage is horrible to use in HDR mode.

Back
Top Bottom