LG 32UD99 HDR 4K FREESYNC GAMING/PROFESSIONAL HDR10 MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!!

Associate
Hi Everyone

I completely understand that everyone is super ****** off with the monitor market in general - but if you want to have a swing at monitor manufacturers please create another thread.

This thread is about the new 32UD99, and the content of the thread should stay on its topic

I don't mind answering any questions, and to be fair I have stood up many times to take a few hits on this forum but seemingly all that ends up happening is that whenever a thread is done all that happens is it descends into a **** show and that isn't productive.

If you want me to start a thread titled "come take a swing at Dan from LG" I am more than happy to do so

I value feedback, but there is a line between constructive criticism and continual bashing

Last edited by a moderator:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hi Everyone

I completely understand that everyone is super ****** off with the monitor market in general - but if you want to have a swing at monitor manufacturers please create another thread.

This thread is about the new 32UD99, and the content of the thread should stay on its topic

I don't mind answering any questions, and to be fair I have stood up many times to take a few hits on this forum but seemingly all that ends up happening is that whenever a thread is done all that happens is it descends into a **** show and that isn't productive.

If you want me to start a thread titled "come take a swing at Dan from LG" I am more than happy to do so

I value feedback, but there is a line between constructive criticism and continual bashing
Agreed.

*Goes to start a new thread :)

By the way, I might be ending up with an LG monitor in my sig soon to show you guys some love Daniel ;)

Soldato
very different target audiences. a TV like that wil be fine for mutltimedia, movies and probably a lot of consoles, but for desktop PC use it doesn't cut it. 40" is probably too big for a start for most users, it will lack colour reliability and will not really offer very good performance for main desktop-type use. Also, as mentioned the lag tends to be very high and so they arn't really sorted for fast desktop gaming. they don't offer refresh rates >60Hz either so motion clarity is not as good as a decent high refresh rate desktop monitor. there's no dynamic refresh rate techs like G-sync/Freesync either.

Having used my admitedly non-HDR TV as a monitor on occasion I can vouch for all of that. The worst thing in my experience is if the framerates can't match the 60hz refresh rate then it flickers like mad. But it seems people simply don't want to hear it.

Caporegime
Well TBF, time and time again, the monitor industry on the whole has received "constructive" criticism (across the whole internet) and as per usual, companies don't listen to us "enthusiasts" and what makes us even more ****** of is that not only has monitor advancement come to a halt (at least for IQ improvement) but the QC has gone down the pan and to top everything of, the prices are a joke but I digress....

EDIT:

Also, you could say that CS in general for issues that should have never made it out of the factory have annoyed people to no end i.e.

When I was told by LG that my second monitor with severe bleed was normal and just to use the monitor in a bright environment with a low brightness as a "fix".... As you can imagine, that annoyed me to no end... And unfortunately this is the case for many people buying new IPS monitors these days, even the likes of ocuk are getting fed up with the returns and are starting to turn people down so monitor manufacturers and retailers aren't exactly doing the monitor industry any favors...

Agreed.

*Goes to start a new thread :)

By the way, I might be ending up with an LG monitor in my sig soon to show you guys some love Daniel ;)

What you get then?

Thought you were going to wait for OLED TVs? :cool:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
that's good news TNA, what one were you thinking?

also good that someone agreed with me for once lol
LG 27UD58. It will go nicely together with my 50" LG plasma TV ;)

My only concern is how heavy the ar coating is. Will find out soon, but I think it is the same as my Dell which I can live with.

I am hoping it will keep me happy until you guys release a 120hz 4K HDR OLED monitor in a few years time at a reasonable price (three figures).

Caporegime
Hi Everyone

Sorry I shouldn't have taken my frustrations out in your thread. Its only because i have money burning in my pocket for a monitor upgrade and I get excited everytime I see a new thread like this esp when its from yourselves who I expect great things from and then I get bitterly disappointed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sorry I shouldn't have taken my frustrations out in your thread. Its only because i have money burning in my pocket for a monitor upgrade and I get excited everytime I see a new thread like this esp when its from yourselves who I expect great things from and then I get bitterly disappointed.
Best bet is to give up and just wait a few years for OLED to arrive. That is what I have decided to do.

Caporegime
Best bet is to give up and just wait a few years for OLED to arrive. That is what I have decided to do.

You see I am not so sure OLED is going to be the answer with PC monitors but fingers crossed. I am hoping that we get some 10 bit HDR with several hundred individual back light zones before OLED comes mainstream.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You see I am not so sure OLED is going to be the answer with PC monitors but fingers crossed. I am hoping that we get some 10 bit HDR with several hundred individual back light zones before OLED comes mainstream.
I really hope not. Not interested in that. OLED is better and we should just move right to that. Hope they solve the image retention problem. I would actually be happy to put up with it a bit as long as it can be fixed easily by running something. Better than putting up with rubbish blacks, blb and ips glow imo.

Caporegime
Burn in/image retention is pretty much a non issue with the 2016+ OLED TVs now and if any do develop these issues, the built in software removes any "noticeable" issues completely.

Also, I haven't seen a post about this on the dell OLED monitor yet so it seems to be holding up well. Obviously you would be best having things like the taskbar to auto hide, wallpapers change every few minutes etc. etc. to help avoid burn in.

By the time OLED monitors become a thing for monitors i.e. years.... the tech should be a lot better too and I also would be happy to put up with this over back light bleed, glow etc. issues.

The biggest problem with OLED atm is the panel uniformity, however, this only seems to be a problem due to the size of the TVs, iirc, vega posted a few 5% slides for the dell oled and it was nigh on perfect.

EDIT:

The main thing that puts me of the dell is its life rated time, iirc, it is incredibly short especially compared to the 2016+ OLED TVs, yet another area where TVs are far superior :o

think it died already

Drop the price to about £500/600 and you will then get a lot more interest in the monitor ;)

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Burn in/image retention is pretty much a non issue with the 2016+ OLED TVs now and if any do develop these issues, the built in software removes any "noticeable" issues completely.

Also, I haven't seen a post about this on the dell OLED monitor yet so it seems to be holding up well. Obviously you would be best having things like the taskbar to auto hide, wallpapers change every few minutes etc. etc. to help avoid burn in.

By the time OLED monitors become a thing for monitors i.e. years.... the tech should be a lot better too and I also would be happy to put up with this over back light bleed, glow etc. issues.

The biggest problem with OLED atm is the panel uniformity, however, this only seems to be a problem due to the size of the TVs, iirc, vega posted a few 5% slides for the dell oled and it was nigh on perfect.

EDIT:

The main thing that puts me of the dell is its life rated time, iirc, it is incredibly short especially compared to the 2016+ OLED TVs, yet another area where TVs are far superior :o

Drop the price to about £500/600 and you will then get a lot more interest in the monitor ;)
Yep, I would buy it at that price :D

Okay, I need to stop commenting on this thread. Can't seem to help it though :o

think it died already
Oh and one more thing. Check my sig Daniel ;)

I can live with the anti glare coating so decided to keep it and sell my Dell. But honestly, pass along some feedback to HQ, we want some glossy/semi glossy monitors! :)

Back
Top Bottom