LG 32UD99 HDR 4K FREESYNC GAMING/PROFESSIONAL HDR10 MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!!

Caporegime
Not at all, but I do enjoy watching movies and tv eps too and you get a lot of reflection with glossy.

They both have their place though and people should be given choice. In my office at work I could never get away with a glossy screen. At home in my den, the best screens I have had are glossy ones.

Associate
As someone considering moving from a <20ms 55" Sony TV to either a monitor 32"+ or a 65" 4k TV. I think the discussion has been valuable. As I've been trying to way up the merits of a monitor or a TV for gaming. I think I am generally moving towards a TV again.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
would love to get some feedback on your time with 27UD58 once you have had it a while
Will do. So far it is better than I actually expected. The matte coating is no worse than my Dell P2715Q which is a big relief, still would much prefer glossy though of course :)

Looking froward to getting an AMD card to try Freesync in the near future.

Associate
With all due respect, OC can do one. It's $999, that's about £750~. I'll pass, and I hope no one else is stupid enough to fork out the cash for this either, absolute rip off.

Associate
With all due respect, OC can do one. It's $999, that's about £750~. I'll pass, and I hope no one else is stupid enough to fork out the cash for this either, absolute rip off.
The US does not have sales tax / VAT / GST at a Federal level, the UK does. This is why USD999 normally equates to £999 with exchange rates having hovered around 1.24, also remember the pound has only increased to £1.3 since the election announcement.

Associate
Okay, I'll bite.
I've been reading tons about this monitor and it's on my shortlist, but now that I (potentially) have an LG rep's attention... :D

I'm trying to decide between the AOC U3277PWQU, which has gotten pretty strong reviews and is being sold for $500USD, and this LG 32UD99-W, which I can get for $900USD (well, $1K - value of $100 store gift card).

I dabble a bit in photography, music notation (where a big screen with sharp rendering is critical), and casual gaming, and expect to do a moderate amount of "productivity" stuff (read: big spreadsheets side by side), so perhaps both monitors are overkill :p.

I don't play FPS, don't expect to watch much in the way of Netflix or HDR movie content in general (that's what huge TVs are for), and don't have a need for precise color rendering.

What I'm curious to get a sense for is this: given my expected use cases, would I basically be throwing my money away to upgrade to the LG? Or would I enjoy more crisp text, higher reliability, or something else pleasant/useful for the extra $400? The fact that I've not yet read much in the way of in-depth independent reviews has me a bit worried and frustrated.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Associate
from what I can see there is stock coming for August - its not 100% concrete but I am working with HQ to firm this up so we can start to supply

I wonder if the delay was to improve the display in any way, there is no mention of contrast ratio, which for HDR needs to be far above the 1:1300 of the best IPS panels and this can be achieved with local backlight dimming.

Back
Top Bottom