LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
I thought they'd been manufacturing these panels since May. But it's still not launched in most european countries and we are under triple digits for large countries like the UK. Are LG having huge manufacturing issues?

Soldato
Please could an Nvidia GPU user with the 34GK950F confirm whether they are seeing severe stuttering at any refresh rate other than 144Hz? Using https://testufo.com/ghosting I see severe stuttering on my GTX 1080 Ti at any refresh rate other than 144Hz. It isn't just constrained to this test, but it demonstrates it well. Thanks!

Last edited:
Associate
Please could an Nvidia GPU user with the 34GK950F confirm whether they are seeing severe stuttering at any refresh rate other than 144Hz? Using https://testufo.com/ghosting I see severe stuttering on my GTX 1080 Ti at any refresh rate other than 144Hz. It isn't just constrained to this test, but it demonstrates it well. Thanks!

Seems fine on all standard rates from 60Hz to 144Hz for me (1080Ti 417.35 drivers). Still get the random dimming though.

Soldato
Seems fine on all standard rates from 60Hz to 144Hz for me (1080Ti 417.35 drivers). Still get the random dimming though.

Thanks for confirming. I'll just put this down to a weird isolated quirk, some combination of my system and this being an early sample of the monitor. Haven't seen anybody else reporting issues like this and it's the first time I've seen this sort of behaviour on a monitor. At least 144Hz works properly though! Are you using Windows 10?

Regarding the dimming, make sure you've disabled 'DFC' in 'Picture Adjust' and disabled 'SMART ENERGY SAVING' in 'General' in the OSD.

Man of Honour
Yeah I bet it’s the smart energy saving. It took me a while to figure out that as well when I first tested the screen and thought there was some weird dimming problem :)

Associate
Are you using Windows 10?

Regarding the dimming, make sure you've disabled 'DFC' in 'Picture Adjust' and disabled 'SMART ENERGY SAVING' in 'General' in the OSD.

Yes, using Windows 10.

Yeah I bet it’s the smart energy saving. It took me a while to figure out that as well when I first tested the screen and thought there was some weird dimming problem :)

OMG!! Thank you both for reminding me of that. I had set it off but then reset the monitor and forgot to set it back to off again. Pretty sure that's it as well :( Setting changed so we'll see soon enough!

Associate
Finally got mine yesterday, from a store in Germany. Its revision 00 manufacturing date: 2018/01/02 (thats whats written on the packaging at least). Colors, especially the reds were a lot more vibrant compared to my X34P, kinda reminded me of the reds on my Galaxy S9, which i quite like. Uniformity was also strong, but unfortunately the whole display was covered in smear, fingerprints and had two scratches oO. It had 2 dead pixels (tried pixel-fixes but of no avail), glow was a lot worse compared to both X34P i had before, reaching from the bottom right corner to the middle of the screen at 25 brightness and slightly tilted backwards to minimize the glow as good as possible. Overall very disappointing :/ .

Associate
Finally got mine yesterday, from a store in Germany. Its revision 00 manufacturing date: 2018/01/02 (thats whats written on the packaging at least). Colors, especially the reds were a lot more vibrant compared to my X34P, kinda reminded me of the reds on my Galaxy S9, which i quite like. Uniformity was also strong, but unfortunately the whole display was covered in smear, fingerprints and had two scratches oO. It had 2 dead pixels (tried pixel-fixes but of no avail), glow was a lot worse compared to both X34P i had before, reaching from the bottom right corner to the middle of the screen at 25 brightness and slightly tilted backwards to minimize the glow as good as possible. Overall very disappointing :/ .

Returned unit or could have been showcase unit that was then just sold to end customer (read: you).

Associate

Thats unusual i think - got mine from cyberport, it´s from may 2018 - you may see that on the back of the monitor
Just return it and get another one

Associate
I don't know what the hell LG is doing but i just received my second monitor today and yea.. This one is stuffed as well. The box is in perfect condition making me believe the monitor was already damaged even before it left the LG factory.

sMCYFv1.jpg.png

Man of Honour
I don't know what the hell LG is doing but i just received my second monitor today and yea.. This one is stuffed as well. The box is in perfect condition making me believe the monitor was already damaged even before it left the LG factory.

sMCYFv1.jpg.png
From the same store? Possibly more a courier damage issue if it’s the same courier bringing them to you?

Associate
Bought from 2 different stores but both stores buy from the same supplier. The LG rep just phoned me now to apologize and said i have seriously bad luck haha. Said he will have it replaced 1st thing in the new year as everyone closes today and currently there is no stock.

I will have to dream a little longer now for this display.

Back
Top Bottom