LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
Hi guys had query regarding the LG34KG950g to anyone that has one. Is there any rotation of the screen and do they sit level when mounted on the stand?

Having gone through process of receiving and then returning two faulty AW3418DW (one with a knackered screen and both with faulty stands so screens always listed to one side..). I have a case of once bitten twice shy so looking for something else once refund comes through.

Hoping I would have better luck with the LG.

Associate
Also keep in mind this is not a consumer toy wheel but a very strong direct drive wheel with industrial small mige 20nm motor ;)
there also is less wobble than my previous videos since i bolted the desk to the floor now. the wheel is so strong that if you drive over a kerb the desk jumps ;) but not anymore.

but yes the monitor stand is not to bad at all ;) not much wobble of the monitor on my table.

Associate
Well monitor arrived yesterday and while there was a massive gash in the side of the box the contents seem ok. Screen looks great, no dead pixels that I can see, and back light bleed no worse than on my previous AW3418DW.

Does anyone else have a similar issue to below? When mounted in the stand the monitor is (via super scientific lego measurements) approx. 5mm higher on one side to the other. My desk is level so not sure what causes it. However there does seem to be quite a lot of movement where the stand clips in to the VESA mount of the screen.

@Daniel - LG / @anyone else with 34GK950, thoughts appreciated..

k32cuf.jpg

k32cuf.jpg

2ltsvuo.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well monitor arrived yesterday and while there was a massive gash in the side of the box the contents seem ok. Screen looks great, no dead pixels that I can see, and back light bleed no worse than on my previous AW3418DW.

Does anyone else have a similar issue to below? When mounted in the stand the monitor is (via super scientific lego measurements) approx. 5mm higher on one side to the other. My desk is level so not sure what causes it. However there does seem to be quite a lot of movement where the stand clips in to the VESA mount of the screen.

k32cuf.jpg

k32cuf.jpg

2ltsvuo.jpg
Yes the same in my unit , 5mm difference . I working in aerospace industry so that bother me a little bit :D,

Associate
using traditional spirit level desk is as level as I can get it and the bubble is pretty much dead centre. When placed on the monitor you can see that it is off.

Associate
Yes the same in my unit , 5mm difference . I working in aerospace industry so that bother me a little bit :D,

once you notice its off it is quite noticeable :( I previously had two AW3418DW which I sent back as both had the same issue (though one did have a dodgy screen as well). The Alienware has a very similar mounting arrangement where it attaches to the stand.

Associate
once you notice its off it is quite noticeable :( I previously had two AW3418DW which I sent back as both had the same issue (though one did have a dodgy screen as well). The Alienware has a very similar mounting arrangement where it attaches to the stand.
Meybe Vesa desk mount solve that problem ?

H-P

H-P

Associate
First of all, this is my first post on this forum. I'm reading this thread for a while now and recently pulled the trigger and bought this monitor. More on that later!

k32cuf.jpg

k32cuf.jpg

2ltsvuo.jpg

I experienced a height difference as well, but I assumed the monitor is able to swivel in both directions. To make sure I looked it up in the manual I downloaded online and it says: "Swivel 20 degrees to the left or right and adjust the angle of the monitor to suit your view."

I have tried this and although it doesn't seem to swivel much it should compensate for the difference. Be careful, but I guess you shouldn't be able to break it...:)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Associate
Only has height, tilt, and swivel AFAiK. When I measured the difference I made sure the monitor was square to the stand and screen was vertical. Will check again though. Thanks

Soldato

k32cuf.jpg

k32cuf.jpg

2ltsvuo.jpg

Did it not occur to use a ruler rather than making this elaborate lego structure? haha.

Back
Top Bottom