LG 34wk95u 5120x2160

Associate
I would also want some feedback regarding this monitor. It's a steep price for me and I might buy the business model (LG 34BK95U) to save a few bucks.

Please post some impression or video.

Thanks.

Associate
Hey everyone,

I just got this monitor a couple days ago. Let me know if you have questions.

For anyone who's wondering, I'm pretty sure it has 12 vertical addressable zones for local dimming.

Any problems getting full resolution with display port with PC? Heard so many problems with Thunderbolt with Mac.

Associate
This is now in stock and shipping immediately to the UK from Germany from computeruniverse.net for "€1536.37 (incl. 19% VAT) including €37.37 UPS shipping to the UK".

That's only £1357 including VAT compared to the OC preorder price of £1499.99.... does Overclockers ever reduce the pre-order price?

Associate
I have one on order from Overclockers and will certainly post up my views of it once I receive it. Rather hoping it won’t be long to wait though as I’m away for first half of November.

@Gibbo any update on when these might start shipping?

Associate
That's all Mac nonsense. Mac's always have problems connecting to high end displays.

And why do you think there is no PC user review yet? Because this monitor is targeting MBP owners. If they did not ensure it would function properly with Mac (especially after 9 months delay) they got a broken product on their hands.

Associate
And why do you think there is no PC user review yet? Because this monitor is targeting MBP owners. If they did not ensure it would function properly with Mac (especially after 9 months delay) they got a broken product on their hands.

The issue isn't with the monitor, it works absolutely fine on High Sierra it is a problem with Mojave.

I currently have an open case with Apple, they want me to call when I am back from China so I guess they have fixed it in the latest update or they are going to blame the manufacturer.

To note the monitor works fine in Mac safe mode so it looks like a driver issue.

Associate
Is that from overclockers?

Not from Overclockers, got it through a contact.

Hi typk, I'm very inclined to buy this monitor but I'm affraid it may behave poorly with FPS games. I'm not a hardcore gamer but often like to shoot some pixels in FPSs. Have you tried this monitor with any fast FPS games like Battlefield 1? If you did, any complaints?

I'm not a gamer so I cannot comment, I will be using this as my main office monitor for video editing, spreadsheets etc.

Back
Top Bottom