LG 34wk95u 5120x2160

Associate
The black and contrast level are fantastic with factory calibration. Have to run a full calibration later today if I have time. I'm using a 1080ti. Yes I tried battlefield 1, looks awesome in HDR but framerate takes a hit with Max settings running full resolution. Fry Cry 5 I'm getting framerates in the mid 30's running Max setting and at 5K. Even upgrading to a 2080ti, I doubt you can get over 60fps in 5K unless you start turning down some settings.

Associate
The black and contrast level are fantastic with factory calibration. Have to run a full calibration later today if I have time. I'm using a 1080ti. Yes I tried battlefield 1, looks awesome in HDR but framerate takes a hit with Max settings running full resolution. Fry Cry 5 I'm getting framerates in the mid 30's running Max setting and at 5K. Even upgrading to a 2080ti, I doubt you can get over 60fps in 5K unless you start turning down some settings.
Thank you Danny. I don't mind gaming at 2K, especially with this pixel density, what about ghosting and blur effects when in fast motion? Is it noticeable or disconcerting? Is this pixel density ok for web browsing, adobe interfaces and general tasks?

Associate
Thank you Danny. I don't mind gaming at 2K, especially with this pixel density, what about ghosting and blur effects when in fast motion? Is it noticeable or disconcerting? Is this pixel density ok for web browsing, adobe interfaces and general tasks?

If your only going to game in 2k, there are better options than this and a lot cheaper. I did not experience and ghosting, bluring, or screen tearing. I have v sync on of course. Pixel density is great for everything else. To me it’s just like a 4k display but wider.

Associate
If your only going to game in 2k, there are better options than this and a lot cheaper. I did not experience and ghosting, bluring, or screen tearing. I have v sync on of course. Pixel density is great for everything else. To me it’s just like a 4k display but wider.
I'm not a hardcore gamer, but for everything else I also prefer 4k. Im a designer and to be able to have this 4k wider screen sounds very appealing. I'm pleased to know that battlefield will run well enough. Thanks so much for you help Danny.

Associate
So, I love this monitor, but have noticed something rather annoying. I don't know if I am being too picky, but for the price I don't think so.

I have this shiney rough surface along the entire bottom of the monitor almost as if the protective screen was glued on incorrectly.

Does anyone else have this? It looks like this may have slipped through QC.

m8aRWrA.jpg

Associate
So, I love this monitor, but have noticed something rather annoying. I don't know if I am being too picky, but for the price I don't think so.

I have this shiney rough surface along the entire bottom of the monitor almost as if the protective screen was glued on incorrectly.

Looks like an imperfect application of the antiglare screen/film

Associate

m8aRWrA.jpg
Mine don't have that issue, looks like the bottom is scratched up a bit.

Associate
Looks like an imperfect application of the antiglare screen/film
Mine don't have that issue, looks like the bottom is scratched up a bit.

Looks like it is the anti glare coating.

Phoned LG and they can only offer to take it away and repair it, so I am going to get it sent back to the retailer for a full replacement.

Not really acceptable on a monitor of this price.

Associate
Mine has arrived. It didn't work with Thunderbolt 3 on a Macbook Pro 2018 (the laptop screen kept flashing on and off and the LG display showed nothing other than that thunderbolt was connected), but it did work perfectly using a USB-C to Displayport cable. My unit didn't have the scratches on the bottom that typk had. It's a little annoying that the bottom bezel of the monitor is taller than the other 3 bezels, but I'm sure I'll not notice that much.

I tried filling the screen with a pure black image, and am quite disappointed at how grey it is, and how much it gets even lighter if I'm looking at the monitor from a 30 degree angle. Can anyone else that has just received this monitor provide an opinion on this please?

Associate
Mine has arrived. It didn't work with Thunderbolt 3 on a Macbook Pro 2018 (the laptop screen kept flashing on and off and the LG display showed nothing other than that thunderbolt was connected), but it did work perfectly using a USB-C to Displayport cable. My unit didn't have the scratches on the bottom that typk had. It's a little annoying that the bottom bezel of the monitor is taller than the other 3 bezels, but I'm sure I'll not notice that much.

I tried filling the screen with a pure black image, and am quite disappointed at how grey it is, and how much it gets even lighter if I'm looking at the monitor from a 30 degree angle. Can anyone else that has just received this monitor provide an opinion on this please?
You probably need to adjust the brightness and contrast. Blacks looks black on mine . With a ultrawide like this at an angle your bound to get a bit of backlight on the corners. With the right calibration it could be eliminated.

Associate
You probably need to adjust the brightness and contrast. Blacks looks black on mine . With a ultrawide like this at an angle your bound to get a bit of backlight on the corners. With the right calibration it could be eliminated.

Perhaps I judged this monitor too harshly by turning the lights off to observe the black. Since it's an office monitor, I guess it's designed for use with bright room lighting, where getting a proper black in low lighting would be pointless because it would be drowned out by the ambient lighting reflecting in the screen.

Thanks, yes maybe my brightness was too high. I think I probably need to keep it below a setting of 20 out of 100 in order to get a proper black - does that seem about right to you?

Associate
Perhaps I judged this monitor too harshly by turning the lights off to observe the black. Since it's an office monitor, I guess it's designed for use with bright room lighting, where getting a proper black in low lighting would be pointless because it would be drowned out by the ambient lighting reflecting in the screen.

Thanks, yes maybe my brightness was too high. I think I probably need to keep it below a setting of 20 out of 100 in order to get a proper black - does that seem about right to you?
Every monitor is different so I can’t tell you what setting on brightness. If you bring up display calibration on windows, gamma plays a huge role on the brightness also. Mine was off and had to be adjusted.

Associate
Just received mine, I've replaced my DELL UP3216q 4K monitor.

It's not perfect but much better image quality than my previous monitor. Actually I think dell is rubbish in this case...

There are some imperfections around the top centre margin, a large gap, but I can live with that, I just put my webcam over it.

Associate
Just received mine from Overclockers. I would say I'm impressed but... the screen has a slight convex at either side. Looks like the centre / middle is closer than the edges, basically an outwards curve.

Does anyone else experience a ever so subtle curvature in the screen or do I have a faulty unit?

I use a combination of screen types, curved at home (usually) and flat at work. So I don't believe it's my eyes.

Scap that, I think I had it too close when I was looking at it. And I had just been using a curved panel. I just finished wall mounting it, looks a thousand times better. I was too eager to find a fault lol. I watched some 4K samples and it's stunning. I just need to do some calibrating in Windows to the text too look better, then I'll be super happy.

Last edited:
Associate
Just received mine from Overclockers. I would say I'm impressed but... the screen has a slight convex at either side. Looks like the centre / middle is closer than the edges, basically an outwards curve.

Does anyone else experience a ever so subtle curvature in the screen or do I have a faulty unit?

I use a combination of screen types, curved at home (usually) and flat at work. So I don't believe it's my eyes.

Why don't you put it face down on a flat table to verify your theory? I don't see a curve in mine

Associate
Why don't you put it face down on a flat table to verify your theory? I don't see a curve in mine
Yep, checked that, think I was being an idiot. Spent some time calibrating and actually using the display and starting to adjust to it. It's funny how much you get used to a screen, and then switching everything feels foreign.

Associate
So I just got my 34WK95U and very disappointed. It doesn't work! Suppose to be plug and play but when you plug it in the mac display just flashes on and off. It works when PBP is set to 2/3rds but only displays 2/3rds which is no good. It would appear the new Macbook Pro 2018 doesn't support this monitor after all, at least not yet. I'm running Mojave 10.14

Think I'll be returning this tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom