LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Soldato
Not angry pal, just don't need abrasive people coming in and saying should have researched the spec and the review is correct, without stating or helping with any facts of your own or pointing out where I was wrong. And I'm still waiting....

Calling people ranting - sounds like you are projecting son.

I just read the review that the OP posted about said monitor.

I'm sorry to those that have become so offended by but the review in the OP does read like it's a G-sync monitor. No mention of freesync, no mention of adaptive sync or VRR.
Okay, here goes. In the review it states the TV (not monitor) requires the use of HDMI 2.1 to display 4k 120hz at full chroma. The Nvidia G sync module only used display port so the lack of any mention of display port should have been your first clue. Second clue should have been that no Tv's (to the best of my knowledge) have actually been equipped with a G sync module. As i stated previously, read any review of any adaptive sync monitor, TV or BFGD that has been approved by Nvidia for G sync support, and there will be no mention of Freesync.

Edit. I have just read that some older G sync module displays were updated and worked with over HDMI also. I think that they were only patched to allow VRR via HDMI and didn't use the G sync module. Anyway, this is all getting off topic from the TV so this is my last post on the matter.

Associate
------------------------------------------------------

I am so looking forward to this monitor but still deciding to go in on release or wait a while to save a few bob..

Soldato
Okay, here goes. In the review it states the TV (not monitor) requires the use of HDMI 2.1 to display 4k 120hz at full chroma. The Nvidia G sync module only used display port so the lack of any mention of display port should have been your first clue. Second clue should have been that no Tv's (to the best of my knowledge) have actually been equipped with a G sync module. As i stated previously, read any review of any adaptive sync monitor, TV or BFGD that has been approved by Nvidia for G sync support, and there will be no mention of Freesync.

Edit. I have just read that some older G sync module displays were updated and worked with over HDMI also. I think that they were only patched to allow VRR via HDMI and didn't use the G sync module. Anyway, this is all getting off topic from the TV so this is my last post on the matter.

Stick to MOT's mate - maybe one day you'll make mechanic.

Soldato
That's what you do innit?

And where's these specs for that monitor you read son?

I shoulda read the specs before posting, just wanted to read the ones you looked at.

Please link

Last edited:
Soldato
That's what you do innit?
I'm actually an Audi diagnostic tech. Have you actually went through my previous posts to find what I do for a living? Not that what I do for a job has anything to do with you being wrong about the TV.

Also why do you keep calling me son? Anyone calling folk they don't know on an internet forum, son, needs their hard drives checked.

Last edited:
Soldato
You start by telling people they should have read specs that you still haven't linked. Then you call rant, then angry - Project much?

I don't mind being wrong about the TV, you just don't need to be abrasive in the forum and ride the coat tails of others as your own knowledge. Like I asked - link up a set of specs I should have read, come on, you called it. Your next post needs the links to the specs I should have read.

A tech - ah yes, plug it into a computer to tell you whats wrong. You say in another thread you are an MOT tester.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lockdown sending the kids a little crazy I see.

I'm personally hoping the 48CX proves to be an excellent option for PC gamers, take the monitor manufacturers down a peg or two of what they've been on lately.

Soldato
You start by telling people they should have read specs that you still haven't linked. Then you call rant, then angry - Project much?

I don't mind being wrong about the TV, you just don't need to be abrasive in the forum and ride the coat tails of others as your own knowledge. Like I asked - link up a set of specs I should have read, come on, you called it. Your next post needs the links to the specs I should have read.

A tech - ah yes, plug it into a computer to tell you whats wrong. You say in another thread you are an MOT tester.
You do actually know that techs can also be MOT testers. Aye, that's all I do and get paid for it. Magic eh. I'm actually sick of you now. On the ignore list.

Spec list on LG site. https://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-oled48cx6lb
G sync compatible and VRR support. Nowhere mentions anything about a g sync module you argumentative ****. Goodbye.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Any more bickering guys and people will be getting a holiday from the forums. Please keep it civil and get this back on track

thanks

Soldato
I'll probably end up buying on release although the smart man would wait for a black Friday deal.

I just really want to get away from my current VA panel

Caporegime
I should wait until Black Friday but since I have been wanting to update my screen for over 3 years now, I know Ill order one as soon as pre orders become available.

Soldato
I need to work out how I'm going to position it in my office/gaming room. I'm not sure my current desk is deep enough to make it practical! Could always just pull the desk out from the wall by a foot or two I suppose.

Suspended
I need to work out how I'm going to position it in my office/gaming room. I'm not sure my current desk is deep enough to make it practical! Could always just pull the desk out from the wall by a foot or two I suppose.

Same here, and I actually thinking about just have the CX48 or the 55 C9 - time will tell and price on what I shall get. If the CX really is worth it. Well enough rumbling here :D
Was thinking about just have the Tv on my table in the living room. As now I have my pc and desk just beside the table facing a wall. Backside my Sony X905E - 55 telly is now. Well so I have a pretty common room setup I guess. But if going the OLED Tv route I will still keep my PG279Q for maybe some gaming and for browsing/working etc.
But if having a big Tv on my room table infront of the couch. I guess people will think im crazy huh ..LOL
But I guess it could work right :D

Associate
This is out in June in the UK but I really need the new graphics cards that support the new HDMI or the new consoles to really take advantage of it.

These hopefully be around the £1100 mark for Black Friday

Associate
Interesting.... might be desk-worthy. Picked up the B9 55 on black friday because it was under 1K and have not regretted that at all. The only problem with this for desk use, IMHO, is going to be burn-in. I use my machine for software development work, so long periods of comparatively static screen elements.

Back
Top Bottom