LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
No if anything the 48 has the least issues, Do you have any pictures of your panel on white screen and 5% grey?

not to hand, but looks a damn sight better than some of these CX panels. To be fair however i only use mine as a luxury for couch gaming. It is not used as a TV.

Associate
The 48 CX sounds like the perfect PC monitor. But the prospect of burn-in strikes the fear of God into me. Are there any retailers covering burn in via warranty?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
The 48 CX sounds like the perfect PC monitor. But the prospect of burn-in strikes the fear of God into me. Are there any retailers covering burn in via warranty?

None exist not even the other companies that support D&G warranty likes hughes, avforum guys have even done a long shot email D&G and beg them to offer burn in warranty regardless of cost, their response was they only have exclusive deal for burn in warranty with JL.

JL are currently well behind with the Covid crisis its like their staff just gave up, I hope there still around next year.

Associate
John Lewis offer extended warranty which covers screen burn.
But surely using an OLED as a monitor is suicidal if you're using your PC predominantly for office work. I'd probably have to beg for my screen to be replaced every year lol.

I've picked up Doom Eternal to see how I get on with 1st person with such a large monitor, and I've read the OLED/HDR is really nice in this game.

On sale for 50% off at Steam if anyone's interested. :)
Prepare for a feast for the eyes. I don't have an OLED - have a Sony XE90, but Doom Eternal looks frigging awesome in HDR.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I did read a JL message on their site suggesting they are still in the transition of moving to an online system fully, but that was 2 months ago, Curries by comparison seemed to do it overnight but guess the companies that put online first and fast and stores second will be surviving.

I spoke to JL customer service via Twitter and frankly they seem very disorganized or not interested the Cs member had to ask me twice what the product I was referring to despite it being mentioned right above his post......Since he took 2 weeks to get back to me I actually replied to him saying I have actually got in touch with the department he was trying to contact (Buying team) and I updated him of the ETA of the LG 48cx.

Basically I did his job for him in less than 5 minutes.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
its must be hard times for many people - customer twitter reps etc.

It may sound harsh what I wrote but I actually helped JL cs out by giving him the correct info pretty sure most would have moaned or not bothered, clearly he needed help since his own departments were not.

JL and any retail outlet they need a blunt reality check at this time, you either move with the times or you get left behind, and that is the worry they don't seem to be adjusting here hence why many on the internet are suggesting JL won't be around for much longer.

Any company that says no to money and can't get the basics right imo is going to struggle hard.

Obviously I don't want JL or any retail place to go bust, I still have a JL warranties with them and I will continue to support JL next month with my next purchase.

Soldato
I'm considering avoiding a GPU purchase this gen again as I'm expecting another epic rip-off, and as a result will consider a console purchase instead. Is there anything to indicate one over the other in terms of HDR support and general compatibility with this screen?

I suppose what I'm asking is have any of you got your eye on a console to pair with this, and if so why that particular choice?

Back
Top Bottom